PDA

View Full Version : The Trip to Cabela's, or What are Remington #5 1/2 Small Pistol Primers?

DRNurse1
07-10-2013, 02:37 AM
I thought I died and went directly to Heaven! There on the end cap at Cabela's were primers and no limit on the purchase amount! CCI Larger Rifle and LRMagnum, nary a one LPP, Small rifle CCI and Remington, and the Remington SPP I picked out. I have about 10 years worth of LPP but thought to pick up 5000 SPP....but I do not often use the Remington brand.

So, I arrived home with my new found treasure, started to put them in my primer vault, and noticed they were identical to the #1 1/2 SPP alerady residing there. I have not tried to load/ fire these and am wondering if anyone here knows what the difference between Remington #1 1/2 SPP and Remington #5 1/2 SPP might be? The Remington web site failed to provide the needed information.

And before someone offers to take these offending creatures out of my vault if I would pay the postage...I am SURE I can find some use for them if not for the Distinguished Revolver Matches as intended.

Thanks in advance, and if you can, please provide a reference for your information.

MaryB
07-10-2013, 02:42 AM
Primer chart http://www.handloads.com/misc/primers.asp 5 1/2 is small pistol magnum