PDA

View Full Version : Blankety-blank UPS

rockrat
07-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Bought a Garand off of GB. Hasn't showed up yet. Got the tracking number and it went from OH to IL, back to OH and again to IL, then back to OH, then back to IL and finally back to OH. Guy I bought it from got after UPS and now they can't find it!!!

update- He got a call after lunch today, said it was scheduled for delivery today. No show. Guess he is going to light a fire under them and possibly get BATFE involved.:(:evil:

mroliver77
07-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Weird!
I have never had a problem with any of them. I dont use them a lot but have afew hundred times.
I even thanked the postal folks for how fast they move flat rate packages.
J

km101
07-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I recently shipped ammo (ORM-D) to my brother via UPS. He lives about 125 miles from me.
When the UPS driver arrived to pick up the package, he told me that he could not accept it as it was ORM-D. I told him to check with his dispatcher. He came back and said that he could take it and left, saying that he would bring my receipt and tracking # by the next day. Next day, not tracking # and no receipt. On the third day I called UPS customer service to find out what was happening with the package.

Got some guy in a Pacific rim country who said that the UPS center in Dallas would call me the next day.
Next day, nothing. I called UPS again on the 4th day. Another call center employee in a foreign country informed me that they had no info on the package and that I would have to call UPS security. Before I could make that call, I get a call from a supervisor in the Dallas hub. He gave me a tracking # and said that the package is "out for delivery" today.

I check the tracking # and find that the package is in Louisville, KY. not Tyler, TX as it is supposed to be. The Package then went from Louisville, Ky to Atlanta, Ga to Greensboro, NC, to Dallas, TX and then to Tyler,TX.

It only took 6 days and Lord knows how many miles to get a package delivered 125 miles away.

And UPS still has not charged me for the delivery! I hope they don't charge by the mile!

dsbock
07-10-2013, 12:46 PM
I had a similar fun time with UPS.

The package followed a fairly rational route to the local hub. Scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, July 3. My wife works from home on Wednesdays. She reported that the UPS truck parked in front of the house for five minutes and then drove away. The scheduled delivery date was changed on the UPS website to Friday, July 5. Friday rolls around and no package is delivered.

The UPS website shows business closed, will redeliver next business day. The package was being delivered to my home, not a business.

After a few round trips through the UPS Customer Support line, I speak to a nice young lady in Utah who takes my information and tells me that my local hub will get back to me in an hour. 80 minutes later the local hub calls me. Apparently, after arriving at the hub, my package was never put on the truck on Wednesday. This was compounded by not being put on the truck on Friday.

They swear that my package will be delivered on Monday. Assuming they remember to put it on the truck.

When I got home from work on Monday, the package (somewhat battered looking) was on the front porch.

David

DeanWinchester
07-10-2013, 12:50 PM
UPS are a bunch of morons. Living outside nashville, I order from MidwayUSA on occasion. The package goes to KNOXVILLE every time. That means the package goes right past me and about two hours further east, before coming back to nashville. ***?

THere's a huge UPS hub in nashville. Is there some reason they cant send it there first and get me my stuff two days earlier?

Morons I tell you. Morons!

Bonz
07-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Fedex is no better...

Bonz
07-10-2013, 12:51 PM
and don't forget our friends at USPS (rofl)