PDA

View Full Version : books/manuals for swagging?

tallow98
07-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi guys

Are there any books or manuals ya'll reccomend for a newbie to Swagging?

plus1hdcp
07-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Corbins has a site but I truly feel you found the best place to start and that is right here. Check the stickies at the top of this page and spend some time reading the threads in this forum. You will find many questions answered and lessons learned. Feel free to ask questions also as there are many knowledgeable swagers here. Good luck

Nickle
07-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Lots of good info on Corbins site.

Outside that, like he said, ask questions here. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site in general, and this sub forum in particular. I've found it useful, and I'm in the business as well.

Cane_man
07-09-2013, 12:31 PM
hard to find anything in writing on swaging outside of this forum...

for swaging 101 this is a great site:

http://mountainpreparedness.blogspot.com/2011/04/swaging-jacketed-bullets-new-skill-for.html

if you want to get into die making and for swaging 201 and 301 the Ted Smith SAS book is fantastic, if you are new to swaging it will seem obscure and confusing, but lots of gems in there:

http://www.rtconnect.net/~wjmanley/SAS_Die_making/SASswagedie.pdf

the "search" function on this website will turn up lots of gems as well but it takes effort!

as a last resort, just start a new thread and ask a question, there will be someone here who has the answer :cbpour:

tallow98
07-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys. There will be lots of questions from me in the near future.

customcutter
07-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Jump on in. The waters fine. More info here than anywhere I've found on the net. Like others have said you just have to search or read the post or ask.

CC

MrWolf
07-09-2013, 09:38 PM
I just picked up "Discover Swaging: A Guide to Custom Bullet Design and Performance" by David Corbin. It is a bit used but I figured it might give me some knowledge. From what I have seen so far, you could probably get the same information from the net with more current information in this forum. I just wanted the book to refer to at my leisure.

khamill2000
07-09-2013, 11:01 PM
hard to find anything in writing on swaging outside of this forum...

for swaging 101 this is a great site:

http://mountainpreparedness.blogspot.com/2011/04/swaging-jacketed-bullets-new-skill-for.html

:cbpour:

Nice bump for BT. He needs a web site!

kd185
07-10-2013, 09:03 AM
I just picked up "Discover Swaging: A Guide to Custom Bullet Design and Performance" by David Corbin. It is a bit used but I figured it might give me some knowledge. From what I have seen so far, you could probably get the same information from the net with more current information in this forum. I just wanted the book to refer to at my leisure.

is this the same book as the pdf book on his web site?

DukeInFlorida
07-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I agree, and I have offered to build a site for him.

Nice bump for BT. He needs a web site!

MrWolf
07-10-2013, 08:09 PM
The Discover Swaging book is different than the web site but basically the same information from what I can see. I am hoping the book will give me more insight on how to make the dies. There is Chapter 28 - Making Bullet Swage Dies that goes into some detail. I picked up a used copy for about $40. I have seen them listed at $75. I just have not had a chance to sit down and concentrate on it yet.