PDA

View Full Version : 44 mag Mold from Accurate Molds

timtonya
07-09-2013, 05:15 AM
If I buy the mold from Tom, do I still have to buy a Lee sizing kit? Would the bullets drop close enough to just lube and load or should they be sized as well?

TCFAN
07-09-2013, 09:48 AM
I bought a 44 mold from Tom. I needed mine oversize so I had him make it to cast at .434 using WW alloy.I then lube it in a .4345 Lyman type die that Lathesmith made and then size in a Lee .433 die. Done this way these boolits shoot very well in my Marlin 94 Cowboy 44 mag.
To answer your question I would determine what size your gun needs and then have the mold cast a little oversize and then size to the correct diameter.But that is just my way of doing it. You can tumble lube and not size if your mold cast to the correct size.............Terry

bones37
07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
I bought my 43-250K from Tom, and I couldn't be happier. I had him cut it to .432" as I also needed a 'fat' boolit. With my clip on WW alloy, they come out at .433" which is perfect for my Marlin 1894 lever action. As a side note, I had buckshot make me a sizer die which is dead on.
If I buy the mold from Tom, do I still have to buy a Lee sizing kit? Would the bullets drop close enough to just lube and load or should they be sized as well?

timtonya
07-09-2013, 10:33 PM
I bought my bullets from Nebraska Cast Bullets. They're sized to .429 and seem to work. I haven't bslugged my barrel yet. They're a 255gr Keith style.

white eagle
07-10-2013, 07:00 PM

I buy mine 1 or 2 thou oversize so I can size them to my guns needs