PDA

View Full Version : Star Lubesizer counter

SWANEEDB
07-08-2013, 03:10 PM
This was fun to make, quite simple, took a chunk of copper tubing, split it and formed it to the crank handle, drilled a hole to attach spring to a Dillon counter, Ha, works good, just another one of my mods.75611

ReloaderFred
07-08-2013, 09:26 PM
I hope your Dillon counter works better than mine. It would skip constantly, usually in tens when it would change from a 9 to 10, it would skip to 20, etc. I finally threw the stupid thing away and just used tubes to keep track of the number of bullets I was sizing/lubing...

Fred

SWANEEDB
07-08-2013, 09:30 PM
I hope your Dillon counter works better than mine. It would skip constantly, usually in tens when it would change from a 9 to 10, it would skip to 20, etc. I finally threw the stupid thing away and just used tubes to keep track of the number of bullets I was sizing/lubing...

Fred

Ha, Doesn't skip a beat Fred. Been turned over many times, haven't you heard of breaking them in, just don't let it sit idle.

ReloaderFred
07-09-2013, 10:52 AM
I tried everything with it. Adjusted the arm so many times I just about wore out the slot in the adjusting screw. It was just a bad counter and I wasted my money on it. I've got an industrial counter on my Rockchucker press and it's never missed a beat, and it's over 60 years old, but that one Dillon bought and put their name on was a piece of junk. Plastic just doesn't hold up like good metal does.

Good idea on your counter, though....

Fred