PDA

View Full Version : Called S&W

Wayne Smith
07-08-2013, 11:25 AM
The ejector spring on my S&W Model 3 2000 jams the action. I thought it was the spring and called them a few months ago. They sent me a new spring. My gunsmith installed it and within a week it was doing the same thing.

I called Smith and Wesson today and told the gentleman the above information. He immediately said "Send it in and we will fix it. Let me get your information and I'll send you a free shipping box."

Wow! No argument, no questions, just immediate help. I am pleased. We'll see how quickly the work is done.

novalty
07-08-2013, 12:08 PM
S&W is perhaps the finest Customer Service firearms manufacturer. They also get your firearm back out to you quickly.

pdawg_shooter
07-08-2013, 01:27 PM
As a dealer I sent a few (darned few) S&W back for repair. Perfect satisfaction every time. Quick turnaround time too.

HATCH
07-08-2013, 01:54 PM
I bought a used 22lr revolver (314). It was a snubby. it was one of those air wieght little guns. Alloy frame and had a silver coating. the serial # on the butt had knife looking marks in it. You could barely read it. I called Smith about it. Guy said he any factory stamped serial # (the one under the crane) was still readable they would redo the serial. I asked about refinishing it. he said it was like $300. I told him to skip refinishing it.
He gave me the fedex account # and I sent the pistol in. I figured they would call with a price. About two weeks later I get a box in from S&W. In it was a brand new looking pistol. They fixed the serial # and they refinished the gun. No charge to me at all. No charge for shipping it in or back. I called and talked to the same guy as I wrote his name down. He said that I didn't do the damage myself and I deserved a good looking pistol.
thats why I buy them. new or used

longranger
07-08-2013, 04:31 PM
When your competing with Taurus you need your A game, Customer Service separates the two.

popper
07-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I wondered what you were going to call them, good I guess.

gray wolf
07-08-2013, 05:27 PM
These are the kind of stories I like to here.

FISH4BUGS
07-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Tears ago, I blew up a 3914 (I think it was a double charge 9mm) and S&W analyzed the gun for me. They couldn't tell exactly why the gun failed so to make a customer happy, they scrapped the old 3914 and sold me a new 3914 at cost - something like $200.
I have always been happy with S&W service.

country gent
07-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Well when My PPK-s was recalled by S&W they had it 16-18 weeks to install the modified/new part. seems a little excessive to me. No upgrades to the gun and what was supposed to be 4-6 weeks trippled in time.I believe they waited to start them until they had enough to keep an assembly line running.

gew98
07-09-2013, 09:38 AM
S&W is perhaps the finest Customer Service firearms manufacturer. They also get your firearm back out to you quickly.

My experiance as well. The M&P 15/22 I bought for mini-me went through four extractors detents and a spring or two. I finally asked them what's the deal with the design. They paid to receive and send iot back to me. They about rebuilt my rifle to new !!!!. A redisgned extractor& bolt assy. No issues whatsoever now. They replaced all the lower internals too...which cost my wolf XP spring I had in there, oh well.

Down South
07-09-2013, 06:07 PM
I own a number of Smiths but I've never had need to send one in. I've always heard they had great service.

historicfirearms
07-09-2013, 07:30 PM
I've had lots and lots of guns over the years. The only gun I've ever regretted getting rid of was a 629 classic hunter that I bought in college. I needed text books one semester and sold the 44 to a friend. Years later I met that friend for lunch and he mentioned that he never shot the 629. I wound up buying it back for the same price he paid me. It will never leave my possession again.

seagiant
07-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi,
Have sent back pistols to S&W no problems! Ruger is the same also!