PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful day here. What are ya'll doing?

Love Life
07-07-2013, 01:42 PM
It is a beautiful day here in Northern Nevada. Nice temperature, light breeze, and clear skies. I've finished doing preventive maintenance on all my brass processing equipment in preparation for my next batch, dishes are done, and guns are clean. Looks like I'll be taking my little girl fishing.

What are ya'll getting into today?

SeabeeMan
07-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Replacing all the wood and sanding/painting the metal on the bench by the fire ring. Boards are routed, sanded, and drilled, so we'll stain them when the little one goes down for a nap. Hopefully some casting this evening.

And I almost forgot, it's Sunday so I need to make the obligatory trip to the range to pick up brass and pick lead off the pistol backstop shortly before sunset.

Adam10mm
07-07-2013, 02:10 PM
It's 80 out, humid as all get out, so I'm staying inside with the central air turned to 70 degrees. At least until the sun goes down.

Went through my reloading stuff to get a pile together for the gun show next month. Inventoried components, figured out I'm missing that box of a few hundred 38 special brass. Still have no idea where I put it or if I sold it at the last show in April. Got the bench organized. Tossed a bunch of junk boxes, set aside some boolits I don't need anymore to be melted down and cast into something more useful.

Just cruising around learning about gun stuff. Might brew a batch of beer to pass the time. I'm in the mood for brats on the grill with some kraut and mustard.

429421Cowboy
07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
It is about 80 here which is perfect weather to hay in, last week of 100 makes it hard to make good hay at the correct moisture levels.

But........ Swather broke yesterday, so now I get to spend my time in the shop, cutting off the old broken float brackets and welding new ones on, then try and catch up on cutting hay. Bad part is the hay has to dry for 2-3 days before it can be baled so this is not only causing production to stop today, it will bite us again on Wednesday when there is no hay to bale because nothing got cut today!

On the bright side my buddy is coming over to help me this afternoon and bringing the catfish we took off the banklines yesterday to fry up so that at least should be a good meal!

Have a good one everybody!

Alvarez Kelly
07-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Mowin' a few yards. just finished. Only took 4 hours this time.

sljacob
07-07-2013, 03:22 PM
getting the hay equipment out and serviced. I will start mowing tomorrow weather permitting.

starmac
07-07-2013, 03:44 PM
DRINKING COFFEE and looking at my favorite website, now after this thread, I have to go work on my truck, thanks. lol

waksupi
07-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Cut a load of wood, shot my .44 mag a few times, and need to water the garden yet.

Love Life
07-07-2013, 04:42 PM
DRINKING COFFEE and looking at my favorite website, now after this thread, I have to go work on my truck, thanks. lol

Sorry about that!

marlin39a
07-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I just got back from weekend in Tombstone. It's over 100 here and humid. I'm going to stay inside and load some 223.

GRUMPA
07-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Well I wish it was as nice here as it is there. It's almost 98 on the patio and 65% humidity and watering the trees which take me 12-13hrs. Wouldn't be so bad but trying to get that honey doo list even partly done and get out orders for 300Blk brass is trying when it's the monsoon season and we get the afternoon clouds. And for those that know I live on solar power.

Right now a possibility of rain so I can't leave the brass out to dry, hello Mr oven....

starbits
07-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Flew from Tucson to Atlanta today. Youngest daughter is getting married tomorrow. I think airplane seats are designed for short anorexic people.

Starbits

ffries61
07-07-2013, 07:00 PM
mowed the yard this AM while it was only in 90's, 101 out there now, I'm inside in the AC, gonna go load some 45ACP here in a while.

Fred

EMC45
07-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Replacing all the wood and sanding/painting the metal on the bench by the fire ring. Boards are routed, sanded, and drilled, so we'll stain them when the little one goes down for a nap. Hopefully some casting this evening.

And I almost forgot, it's Sunday so I need to make the obligatory trip to the range to pick up brass and pick lead off the pistol backstop shortly before sunset.

That sounds like some Seabee work to me............

EMC45
07-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Went swimming at my Dad's with all the family. Ate some pickled okra my Dad made and shot my brother's new Windham AR15.

tinsnips
07-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Playing house and eating popcorn with three of my granddaughters. Suppose to be cleaning the 5th wheel .

WILCO
07-07-2013, 07:22 PM
What are ya'll getting into today?

Spent the day soaking up a great breeze, reading, relaxing, napping, reading, relaxing and eating!!
Working my way through season 3 of the Big Bang Theory and getting ready to trash some fried chicken, corn on the cob and coleslaw. Yep. Life is good.

Bzcraig
07-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Got up bout 8 after a very late night (3am), had coffee with the wife, Grape Nuts for breakfast, Church, then out to a friends house to assemble 4x8 wall sections that will be used to rebuild the buildings we use to play paintball. Summer is in full swing, had 8 days of 108+, got a one day break at 99 and today back at 102. Finally in my chair, checking out the best site on the net and will probably take a nap very shortly. Anymore if I lose 2-3 hours of sleep in can take two days to recover. Gettin old ain't for sissies!

Boyscout
07-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Worked past two Sundays of church because of work. Did that. Sighted in a new scope on my 44 Rem Mag Handi-rifle with cast lead bullets. Tried some 310 gn Lee RFN in my son's Ruger Super-Blackhawk and it didn't seem to like them much. Seemed to yaw a little at 20 yards. 250 gn Devastators did well though. Panned lubed more of the same.

GL49
07-07-2013, 08:20 PM
my brother and I marked about 30 acres of timber, measuring and recording DBH on the pine.

GOPHER SLAYER
07-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Wife and I drove over to Fontana this morning to watch our thirteen year old grandaughter play softball. We stopped on the way and had breakfast at Corky's cafe. I had a delicious pecan waffle. We watched two games. Her team played three games and won two. Princess precious went five for seven and knocked in two runs. Great day.

Pb2au
07-08-2013, 10:44 AM
I went out to the gun range and tested some more reloads and had hot 223 brass thrown down my back from the fellow next to me. To be fair, he apologized and turned out to be a good fellow.
Measured the trim around two windows so I can go buy some cedar boards to replace the old stuff. 113 years of service was plenty to ask from the original trim. Still have the original wooden siding on my antique home though!
Grilled some pizzas on the old Weber grill and chilled out the rest of the evening.

km101
07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
(Yesterday)

96 Degrees here, but that is still below normal, so I'm not complaining! Got a 14 lb brisket on the smoker, big pot of beans on the stove, and getting the corn on the cob ready for the grill. I run outside to check the smoker , and then back to the AC. Kids are coming over this evening, so I think I will get out the ice cream maker and make some homemade vanilla. I haven't made ice cream in more than 2 years, so this batch might be risky.

Later this evening, after everyone is gone, gonna load some .38 spl ammo as I promised my 8 year old granddaughter that I would take her to the range this week. Full day of fun.