PDA

View Full Version : Green Machine Clip for 44 Vaquero!

seagiant
07-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi,
Found out my little digital camera will take a video if you push the right buttons! (duh!) 44 Vaquero wanted to see my GM actually working and priming as it is suppose to. Admittedly I am not a Speed Demon as I am in no hurry but enjoy myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eanwxyrfxmc&feature=youtu.be

44Vaquero
07-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Hey Seagiant, You need to un-restrict access to the you-tube video. "If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in" is the message that appears. Looking forward to seeing the GM in action.

seagiant
07-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Hey Seagiant, You need to un-restrict access to the you-tube video. "If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in" is the message that appears. Looking forward to seeing the GM in action.
Hi,
Working on it!

seagiant
07-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi,
Try it now!

44Vaquero
07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Seagiant, 44Vaquero says "Thanks"! I love how that bullet seater works, no pinched fingers. It is easy to see once the operator gets into a rhythm a GM in working order will really put out some ammo! Nice work my friend!

seagiant
07-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi 44,
My first video! Ha! I had the machine set up on my table saw. I need to go and put up some shelves so I can free up some workbench space! I get so involved with these different loaders and rebuilding/working on them.

As you saw the machine does prime and works pretty well. Single stage loading with a block would probably give the best most consistant reload wether it is a GM or a Dillon! Just not as fun!

44Vaquero
07-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Seagiant, I spent 1 year reloading 250+ rounds of .45 ACP each week for casual bowling pin shooting on Sunday's (150 or so for practice and 50 for the shoot)! Single stages and loading blocks are for match grade and hunting ammo! IMHO Turret's and progressives for everything else!

I hear you on the shop space issues, I am always moving and shifting things to clear a space for the project of the day.

Alvarez Kelly
07-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Nice! :-)

W.R.Buchanan
07-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Greg: Well done on the video. Now I have to learn how to make mine do it too!

Randy

seagiant
07-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi,
Thanks fellas! A little raw on the video but does give you an idea of whats going on!

As far as making the little digital cameras making a vid,I just Googled everything to learn and then put it together. Had to download Windows movie maker and open an account with U-Tube. As you can see I messed up on the restrictive aspect as I wanted people to see it here at this thread but not really anywhere else! Finally figured it out!

km101
07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
I am still looking for a GM that I can afford. I have gotten the bug after watching your posts and pics on past threads! But all the machines that I have seen on Ebay have gone for $350+, and that's a little out of my range for a machine that I might have to spend another $200 - $300 to get it working like yours.

But I am looking and hoping. The worst thing is that I had a GM back years ago, but sold it when I couldn't get it to work!

seagiant
07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi KM,
It's not really that bad! If you can get a machine that was put away for awhile and the owner just wants to get rid of it you can do ok! All you need to get it to work right is replace the powder measure and install a primer tube in place of that comtraption that is on there. The good news is the powder measure and primer feeder is usually damaged or missing to begin with and that gets you a better price on the rest of the machine!

From my experience 90% of GM's are set up in 38/375 caliber,the 9mm,45ACP,and 44 mags are the rare ones! I'd like a 9mm and 45 ACP and I'm looking, but like you won't pay what they want on E-Bay!

Glad to see your a proud NRA LIFE MEMBER!

km101
07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Glad to see your a proud NRA LIFE MEMBER!

Thanks for the info! If I ever get one, you will be the first person I ask for help in restoring it!

I've been a proud Life Member since '73.