PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Deltapoint vs Ultradot. your opinions needed.

DanWalker
07-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I have a 6" FA83 in 454 with a leupold deltapoint on it. Can't say I'm totally pleased with this setup. If I don't hold my head just right, the dot turns into a starfire pattern. I also don't like the fact that I will have to remove the sight from the gun to change the battery. The little cover that goes on the sight is sure to be lost soon. I'm thinking an Ultradot with flipup covers might be just the ticket. What do you guys think?

27judge
07-07-2013, 12:05 PM
I have both the delta point is going on a custom 1911 10mm. The ultra dot 30mm is going on a BFR 44 mag I will give my results after I get both guns and run some ammo thru them .Needless to say I like both ,with the delta point being very compact tks KEN

bobthenailer
07-07-2013, 01:09 PM
I previously had a Pride /Fowler special ops sight on my 6" FA 454 Casull, simular in size to the leupold delta point . after several years of use the 4 side screws holding the top half with the lense assy in it came loose from the lower base and my elevation was all over the place . i tightend the screws and then mounted it on my 3" 629 its been there for 2 years now with no problems.
I now have a Aimpoint Micro mounted on 2 of my FA 454 Casulls, for 3+ years now with o problems
I would go with a 30MM fixed dot size Ultradot @ 175.00 if $ is a issue as the AP Micros are expensive! there going for around $600.00 . i picked up both of mine new for around $450.00 after some shopping around for several months.

I also have a orgional tasco optima , a burris fast fire , and 2 trijucons small red sights mounted on the slide assy of centerfire semi auto pistol with 0 problems over the years.
For revolvers i prefer a tube type sight with adj dot brightness for more precesion shooting to perfectly match dot brightness with the sometimes constantly changing light & background condtions in the field when hunting.