PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with swaging bullets

Alex_4x4
07-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Good all day!

My name is Alexander Abramov. I've been around long enough to browse this forum, you recently signed up, and recently decided to participate in the conversation in the subject Nickle http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?204891-First-swaged-bullets .

For my part, it is quite cheeky as the English language, I do not know. I use a program interpreter. But, like, and understand me and I understand the meaning of what I'm told.

So I'm your "without permission" has created the Thread. If I did something wrong, let him correct me moderator. In general, as a guest, I do not want to break your rules and traditions, and gratefully accept your comments.

In this Thread, I will talk about their experiences on swaging .224 "... and if it will be interesting to the public - will answer your questions" for life. "

As I understand it, the "live Russian" for many of you - exotic.:-?

midnight
07-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the forum Alex. You are correct, a "live Russian" is exotic to many of us and we look forward to discussing your swaging experiences. What kind of tools and materials you use should be of interest to us all. Any time I can learn something new I am interested.

Bob

PbHurler
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the forum Alexander.

As far as the interpreter, we will deal with it just fine. We may have different languages but we speak the same "lingo" when it comes to swaging & shooting. :drinks:

Houndog
07-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Alex,
Welcome to the forum! We'll get by the language barrier because we all speak the same language when it comes to swageing and shooting. I had the pleasure of meeting four of your fellow countrymen several years ago at the World Benchrest Chamionships and found them to be genuinely good people. They were just as curious about the USA and our lifestyle as we were about theirs. Keep posting and maybe we can learn from wach other.

customcutter
07-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Alex,
Welcome to the forum! I've enjoyed your post and thought it funny when someone called your cat a beaver. Looking forward to more post and information from you.

CC

Cane_man
07-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi Alex, glad you joined up... no worries about the language barrier, and it looks like you can post pictures and that will help a lot! I still think that is a beaver disguised as a cat :)

where did you get your swaging dies?

Alex_4x4
07-07-2013, 10:49 AM
I'll introduce you now with my tools, materials, and some of the results swaging and reloading. I'm only working with the .224". I still have a rifle under .243 Win, but I have not collected all the necessary equipment for stamping 6 mm bullets.

This is my press. I took it from Dave Corbin.

This is my dies and other accessories.

This lead to the cores.

This is the material for the shell: reduced .22lr and J4.

This is the finished product .224 " from 45 to 80 gr.

It stocks for next Friday.

This is my rifle, top with a 12 "twist, the bottom with 8" twist.

And this is the target for a hundred meters from last Friday.

I know that the result is not pretty. Shooting fast fifty shots in two hours. The barrel warmed up after the second series of five.

plus1hdcp
07-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, great picture and I look forward to your posts

JRPVT
07-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Alex, welcome....nice cat and bullets. We'll be following along.

No_1
07-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Welcome Alex! If moderators can be helpful to you please contact us.

Robert

R.Ph. 380
07-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Alex, from the state of Texas. Been waiting a year and now getting in my swaging dies from Brian(btsniper). Especially enjoy your cat. He looks like he owns the house. Keep us posted on how he is doing from time to time.

Bill

mikeyjones
07-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Alex, where you from in Russia? I miss my time in Moscow and Petersburg.

Alex_4x4
07-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Thank you again for your kind words.

I live about two hundred kilometers in the north-west of Moscow in the city of Tver.

Red on the satellite photo circled my house.
A green - the geographical coordinates.

clodhopper
07-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Welcome.
The language translation program makes for intresting discussion.

Alex_4x4
07-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Yes, information technologies make the world "small", and language barriers more "low."

Your letters to your personal mailbox all answer, but a little later. Today I am helping her daughter as the driver of the vehicle.:twisted:

Children .... flowers of life.

Nickle
07-09-2013, 10:08 AM
No problem here, Alex.

I've lived much closer to where you live. I spent 8 years in Germany, Hanau, Frankfurt aM and Schweinfurt.

Any errors in translation will be forgiven here, as I know it happens, and not everything translates well.

It's good to have you here, and welcome to the "family".

clodhopper
07-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Alex,
Please tell us about your shooting range.
The distances you can shoot there.
What you did to get permission to shoot there.

Here, some ranges are private, some public.
Each one has diffrent requirements to allow you to use them.
Most require a membership, or yearly payment.
Some are very inexpensive.
Some have very unusual rules.

To other readers of this thread, Alex informed me that his translation program works better with short sentences.

Alex_4x4
07-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you for understanding. And I'll try to learn to understand what I write.

DukeInFlorida
07-10-2013, 11:22 AM
GOOGLE translation works well for me.

http://translate.google.com/

Alex_4x4
07-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Alex,
Please tell us about your shooting range.
The distances you can shoot there.
What you did to get permission to shoot there.

Here, some ranges are private, some public.
Each one has diffrent requirements to allow you to use them.
Most require a membership, or yearly payment.
Some are very inexpensive.
Some have very unusual rules.

;);)

How would I explain ... life is like a civilized, she in big cities. My town is small - 450 thousand inhabitants.
So I still do not like you in this part of ...
Shooting range in town for just one civilian. Distance there a hundred meters. An hour of shooting is one thousand rubles per hour of shooting ($ 1 = 33,5 rubles). My official salary of 7,800 rubles per month, minus one thousand rubles - the income tax. This range is too expensive for me.

There is a shooting range outside the city, which leases IPSC local section. There are cheaper, five hundred rubles and without a time limit, but ... But the next town and the locals are very unhappy with such neighbors. Shoot at this range can be only in the afternoon. To me it's uncomfortable, I can go on a shooting range in the evening.

I found out a few years ago at an army firing range ... met with the staff working on it ... and now I can ride at a convenient time for me. I spend at the range I usually about three hours. For the money - three hundred rubles per trip. My distance of one hundred meters. In the photo below, I drew a line from my turn to my targets.

Alex_4x4
07-10-2013, 03:40 PM
http://translate.google.com/

I use both this program.

Alex_4x4
07-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I do bullets reduced from .22 lr Lapua and the like. I'm doing now reduced from .22 lr only light bullet type FMJ about 45 gr. They are like hunters. To tell how I'm doing here are the bullets?

gunoil
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Can u show your equipment and you process? pics or video.

1Shirt
07-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Alex, think you will be a welcome addition to our forum. I will follow your posts with much interest I am sure.
1Shirt!

MUSTANG
07-10-2013, 07:56 PM
From the Picture in Post #22. It appears that Alex is forming the base of the 22LR brass into the Round Nose of his Projectiles. An inverse of what most of us are doing with Corbin, RCE, or BTSniper, et.al... We have a fully enclosed base, where his base has a slightly rounded jacket radius with lead bottom exposed.

Mustang

Zymurgy50
07-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Start the seated core/jacket into the point forming die just enough to put a slight curve in the jacket. then eject the projectile and swap ends, putting the base in the point forming die first. It takes some playing around with, but you can make "FMJ's" the bottom of the jacket with lead seated will not form a sharp point like an open jacket will.

Alex_4x4
07-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Can u show your equipment and you process? pics or video.

Yes, of course. In the beginning of the topic I posted pictures of my press and tooling. I'll get one of my customers 550 brass .22 lr. I'll do a bullet type FMJ 45 gr. and take photos of the process. Sorry, but I have but there are other affairs around the house. I can not go every day to spread the new material.

The Day After Tomorrow evening I'm going to the shooting range and I need reloading fifty .223 Rem.

:target_smiley:

mroliver77
07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Hello again Alex.
How did you get Corbin machine in Russia?

My .22 swage dies fit in reloading press.
Jay

Rich22
07-11-2013, 11:17 PM
This is a true example of world progress, during my father's time in the navy 1959-1991 he spent 12 of those years targeting your country with nuclear missiles from a submarine, now we can all come to the same forum and discuss a mutual interest. Very freakin cool.

Alex_4x4
07-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Hello again Alex.
How did you get Corbin machine in Russia?

I bought the press in the Internet shop Dave Corbin. Paid Visa card. Dave sent me a press international mail.

Alex_4x4
07-12-2013, 01:38 AM
now we can all come to the same forum and discuss a mutual interest.

And rightly so.

Greatest luxury in life - communication between people.

mroliver77
07-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Internet shopping is so cool too!

I have "shooting brothers" in many countries now.

Alex, do you shoot the 7.62 X 39 or the 7.62 X 54?
Both are popular here.

Do many people cast lead bullets in Russia?

Jay

Alex_4x4
07-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Alex, do you shoot the 7.62 X 39 or the 7.62 X 54?
Both are popular here.

Do many people cast lead bullets in Russia?

Jay

No, I do not shoot these bullets and weapons for them I have not.

I like shooting for grouping and accuracy.

Casting bullets we do. Typically these are the shooters and hunters who want to shoot a lot for little money, or those who live far away from civilization.

This is where fans communicate casting bullets from Russia: http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/12/371119.html

Nickle
07-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Sounds like you're a lot like me, Alex.

I shoot for grouping and accuracy too. I have shot competition Bench Rest, and am taking it up again.

Using custom swaged bullets is the best way to get top accuracy. In the current American politically driven shortage, it's smart to swage your own. Besides, now I can satisfy my customers when they want jacketed ammo and bullets are hard to get.

Alex_4x4
07-12-2013, 11:39 AM
I shoot for grouping and accuracy too. I have shot competition Bench Rest, and am taking it up again.

Using custom swaged bullets is the best way to get top accuracy. In the current American politically driven shortage, it's smart to swage your own. Besides, now I can satisfy my customers when they want jacketed ammo and bullets are hard to get.

With a gun at me, everything is easier, I use a factory rifle.

A swaging this interesting pastime, an opportunity to learn something new, and of course this is an opportunity to earn some $. Not without it.:roll:

Nickle
07-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Some are factory, some my father built, some I built, some others built.

I've got a real "hodge podge" (variety) of rifles. A few pistols, too, all factory, so far.

Alex_4x4
07-12-2013, 02:06 PM
My father, in adulthood, never had a weapon. He could not even buy a hunting knife, because he was not a hunter.

I can have: no more five shotguns; no more than five rifles; no more than two units of the "limited destruction of firearms"; no more than five units of gas pistols. Of the entire set of "features" I am interested only rifle. And I know what my rifle will be the next three/four years.

Nickle
07-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Ouch. I've got way more than 5. More like about 50 plus.

Alex_4x4
07-12-2013, 02:39 PM
In Russia, amount such a weapons may only license holder for the collection.

To me it is not threatened ...

Nickle
07-12-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm beyond a collector. Dealer, and ammunition manufacturer.

Alex_4x4
07-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Dealer, and ammunition manufacturer.

I never in Russia will be neither the one nor the other.

sthwestvictoria
07-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I do not swage however this thread is very interesting.

Hello Alex, welcome to the forum. Russian military firearms are very popular here in Australia. Mosin Nagant rifles, some Nagant 1895 revolvers. The government does not allow SKS or AK type rifles any more.
Bulgarian military 7.62x54mm rimmed ammunition is available, $AUD68 for 100.
http://www.lawranceordnance.com/shot_and_shell/ammunition_ex_military/7.62_russian.php
91/30 Mosin rifles range from $AUD350-600, more for the M44 carbines.
http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=16155
http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=19457

Modern Russian rifles available are the Izhmash .308 and the Toz 22lr, the Baikal break-action single shots and double rifles. I had a shot of a Izhmash .308 recently, nice chrome lined bore, rough bolt.

Nickle
07-12-2013, 06:18 PM
His government (Australia) doesn't allow Simonovs (SKS) and Kalashnikovs (AK), but mine does. Both mine are semi auto only. 3 Mosin Nagants (M24, M28 and 91/30). Nagant revolver and even a PSL (Romanian "Dragunov"). The PSL uses a long stroke action, so it isn't a real SVD.

Lots of other stuff, some military, some commercial. US and other countries represented.

Alex_4x4
07-13-2013, 05:37 AM
I do not swage however this thread is very interesting.

Hello Alex, welcome to the forum. Russian military firearms are very popular here in Australia. Mosin Nagant rifles, some Nagant 1895 revolvers. The government does not allow SKS or AK type rifles any more.
Bulgarian military 7.62x54mm rimmed ammunition is available, $AUD68 for 100.
http://www.lawranceordnance.com/shot_and_shell/ammunition_ex_military/7.62_russian.php
91/30 Mosin rifles range from $AUD350-600, more for the M44 carbines.
http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=16155
http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=19457

Modern Russian rifles available are the Izhmash .308 and the Toz 22lr, the Baikal break-action single shots and double rifles. I had a shot of a Izhmash .308 recently, nice chrome lined bore, rough bolt.

Thank you for the welcome.

Links to the sites evaluated. Prices are very humane. In Russia such money selling models. By the way, in Russia for conversion rifles from army arsenals, removed all means mounting a bayonet.

Well, that is not banned Russian government authorized pitchfork and hatchets.

The factory in Izhevsk in a difficult situation ... with all the resulting product and its quality. Alas ...

Now Russia has a new plant (not ads): www.orsis.com

Time will tell what place they occupy in the market.

Alex_4x4
07-13-2013, 05:44 AM
His government (Australia) doesn't allow Simonovs (SKS) and Kalashnikovs (AK), but mine does. Both mine are semi auto only. 3 Mosin Nagants (M24, M28 and 91/30). Nagant revolver and even a PSL (Romanian "Dragunov"). The PSL uses a long stroke action, so it isn't a real SVD.

Lots of other stuff, some military, some commercial. US and other countries represented.

Nickle, You are so delicious telling ... Pity the me, and then saliva choke. ;-)

Alex_4x4
07-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Today shot out here these.

Distance of one hundred meters. Those on the left, on the left of the target, while those on the right, on the right of the target:

Type FMJ it for hunting and recreational shooting.

Tool - Rem700 BDL twist 12 ", more than 2500 shots.

Nickle
07-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Now Russia has a new plant (not ads): www.orsis.com

They've got some nice stuff. If they keep their quality up enough, that stuff is as good as what is available here only from small manufacturers like me. That is saying they are THAT good.

Nickle, You are so delicious telling ... Pity the me, and then saliva choke. ;-)

The bad news is your laws won't allow you to have the same. The good news is, if you come to the US, come visit, you can shoot mine.

And, by the way, I see you appreciate quality factory rifles. I too am a fan of the Remington 700. I have several.

Alex_4x4
07-13-2013, 11:14 AM
That is saying they are THAT good.

Wait and see. They say you need to grow a nice lawn three hundred years ... In Russia after 1991, many engineering tradition, people lost ... irrevocably.

The bad news is your laws won't allow you to have the same. The good news is, if you come to the US, come visit, you can shoot mine.

And, by the way, I see you appreciate quality factory rifles. I too am a fan of the Remington 700. I have several.

Really bad news is, when my state to will call itself Motherland ..

For the invitation shoot - thank you, but it's unlikely that I'll use them. The last time I was leaving the country in 1991.

Rem700 now in Russia, in my opinion, is the most affordable rifle with the best quality / price ratio.

Cane_man
07-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Alex, do you do any hunting?

Nickle
07-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Wait and see. They say you need to grow a nice lawn three hundred years ... In Russia after 1991, many engineering tradition, people lost ... irrevocably.

This is true. Here's hoping the product is as good as it looks. And, here's hoping the Americans catch on, but I doubt they will. Anyways, there's enough companies like Hart, Shilen, McMillan out there that also make this stuff.

For the invitation shoot - thank you, but it's unlikely that I'll use them. The last time I was leaving the country in 1991.

It's an open invitation, so if things change in a few years, it's still open. I don't speak Russian, but I do speak German and some French, in addition to English. Ich kann Deutsch. Je parle Francais, ne beaucoup. Sorry if I missed the spelling a little, that wasn't from a translator.

Rem700 now in Russia, in my opinion, is the most affordable rifle with the best quality / price ratio.

Pretty much the same here, along with Savage. Savage is a little ugly, but works well. Shoots well too. And, in my opinion, they make the best 22 long rifle bolt action these days. 17 HMR too, and I've got one. 93R17

Alex_4x4
07-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Alex, do you do any hunting?

I make bullets for hunters. I myself do not hunt for more than four years. I leave only shoot at targets. Test their products.

Alex_4x4
07-13-2013, 01:38 PM
It's an open invitation, so if things change in a few years, it's still open. I don't speak Russian, but I do speak German and some French, in addition to English. Ich kann Deutsch. Je parle Francais, ne beaucoup. Sorry if I missed the spelling a little, that wasn't from a translator.

Thank you again, but very unlikely that I will use the invitation.

Pretty much the same here, along with Savage. Savage is a little ugly, but works well. Shoots well too. And, in my opinion, they make the best 22 long rifle bolt action these days. 17 HMR too, and I've got one. 93R17

17 HMR is a rimfire cartridge. The price of such holder as exotic in Russia is much higher than the .22lr. To me it not fit. With my income I can not afford to spend a maximum of $200 a month on my "toys". If I want to buy something expensive, I need to sell something "unnecessary." For example, when I wanted to buy from Dave Corbin 6 mm dies, I has sold the rifle CZ-452 Varmint .22lr.

.223 Rem is "good" for me that I can do the cartridges cost less than $0.30 per unit.

Nickle
07-13-2013, 02:10 PM
17 HMR is on the exotic side here as well. Ammo costs around 8 to 10 times as much as 22 LR, when prices are normal. I still have sevveral 22 LR rifles, one is an older match rifle, Remington 513T, with Redfield Olympic sights.

Alex_4x4
07-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Remington 513T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7TA2ymhLsM

Old the beautiful rifle ... working tool.

Nickle
07-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Yes, I love mine. I've got really good (top quality) iron sights on mine. Looks like April 1951 vintage, older than me.

Thanks for sharing that link.

Alex_4x4
07-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Yes, I love mine. I've got really good (top quality) iron sights on mine. Looks like April 1951 vintage, older than me.

Thanks for sharing that link.

Please.

I do not know anything about this model.

The trigger of this rifle can be adjusted?

Three44s
07-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Hello Alex_4X4,

I also want to welcome you this forum and find your thread interesting.

Now this is off of your topic of swaging but have you considered bullet casting as in lead alloy bullets?

I only ask this because of the relative savings accrued to the shooter IF molds and such are accessible to you in Russia?

I am not trying to drift you away from swaging but just curious since casting could help you shoot more until you can get or afford the expensive swaging dies you are waiting for or seeking.

I also like the Remington 700's, have some myself and others. The Savage bolt centerfires offer an additional advantage in that you can change barrels yourself with minimal tools. The "nut" on those allows you to set your headspace without a lathe and true gunsmithing experience. I have a lot of barrels for my Savage rifles ...... and some for my Remingtons but with those, I need a gunsmith to set them up the first time ....... then some of my Savage tools will assist in swapping the Remington barrels.

As a bullet caster, I like several of the older guns. I have a Savage set up in .338-06 that is just as happy with cast slugs as it is with jacketed ones. Some of my "ringers" are the Mosin Nagants that have been imported here for several years. A lot of the old American classics as well as other rifles from all over the world are very well suited to cast as well.

Best regards and may your stay be long and productive!!

Three 44s

Alex_4x4
07-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Thank you of salutation.

I had the equipment for casting bullets to .225 ".

Maybe it's too small caliber, but I could not get Acceptable deviation in weight for casting bullets. When casting hiccup was +/- 1.5 gr. That's a lot when I swaging deviation +/- 0.15 gr. I sold the equipment for casting bullets .225" hunter, he was pleased.

By replacing the barrels. In Russia this operation can only be done in a licensed gunsmith. Repairing most basic parts of the weapon is a violation of the law (criminal offense).

Nickle
07-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Alex is shooting at a level of ability that exceeds the limitations of cast bullets. I'm in the same situation with many of my guns. Yes, that's pretty good shooting. No, I'm not a snob, and I don't think Alex is either. I would say he's at the same level as an AMerican varmint hunter or bench rest shooter.

Alex, I don't think the trigger is adjustable on the 513T, but it doesn't need it anyway, the trigger is about as good as a position shooting rifle gets. Mine was used to shoot smallbore competition by my father and myself. It isn't a Hart two ounce trigger, but almost as good.

Three44s
07-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Alex_4X4,

You are welcome! ....... and I understand about the barrel changing vs. Russian law ......... it's a surprise to me that they allow anything ........ so I'll leave it at that.

As far as casting bullets, you are correct in suspecting the small size slugs you were working with ....... casting and shooting those would be like learning to fly but starting with a high performance military aircraft ...... not a good (begining) learning platform .......

Nickle,

I shoot varmints and predators with high performance jacketed rounds, in fact that is how I came to handloading, so I sure am not taking you or Alex for snobs by any means. After all, I broke into the swaging thread with suggestions about casting.

My thought was that while one waits for swaging equipment from another country, casting would bridge the time gap ....... it's a long wait often from what I read ......

I will differ on accuracy ......... if you are using 100 meters or yards or even 200 .... cast is no slouch. Now when you are selling cast bullets to others, it would be difficult at best to get those folks up to great accuracy without a lot of tedium.

Best regards

Three 44s

Nickle
07-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Cast is reasonably accurate. We're 3 guys that seem to be much alike. Extreme accuracy, I'm not so sure cast is up to it. The jacket isn't the key piece, I think overall bullet consistency (being the same from example to example) is. Swaged lead bullets I would think to be up to it. No voids or air holes, and fewer variables.

Now, I'm talking groups under .25 MOA. Good cast should be good to .5 MOA, maybe smaller.

Nickle
07-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Oh, agreed on bridging the waiting gap.

Waiting for swaging equipment gives a whole new meaning to wait. Think of the slowest process you know. Now think 4 to 5 times slower.

I don't mean it negatively, the guys making them are out straight. There isn't many making the stuff, and right now, demand has to be higher than normal.

Three44s
07-16-2013, 01:32 AM
From where I am ..... I could drive to any of a few die makers in a few hours ..... not that an order from me would be faster that way but a face to face would help clear any miss understanding I have before I were to plunk down the change ...... but I would be hard pressed to wait so long ...........

So I really hand it to guys like Alex who live half a world away and in another country and have the patience to wait it out. Like you, I don't intend to diss any of our fine swaging die makers ..... it makes sense that making it right .... trumps a fast turn around! I rather see a thread where a shooter is lamenting a long wait rather than a long thread about a lousy die set! And that's where all the reputable makers are at!!

I don't own any bench or custom rifles ......... just consumer grade stuff but a few of my J-word rifles are pleasing to me. My most recent is a basic Savage model 11 that I installed a target grade accutrigger and sear on and a bull barrel in .204 Ruger. It's running .270" with Hornady factory and .220" with handloads and the same slug, Hornady's 32 gr. vmax.

My biggest surprise was a Rem 700 in 7mm Rem mag that runs well under .4" with the very first load combo I ever tried with it as I approached a grain or so below max for the component mix. ......... haven't looking farther .......

I'll be a long time catching up in cast boolits to my long history with J-words but I see cast as a money saver, a way to keep shooting more in times of hard to get factory slugs ....... and a great challenge. I lean towards guns that are more conducive to cast for them so my learning curve is flatter such as with the .338-06.

Three 44s

Alex_4x4
07-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Alex is shooting at a level of ability that exceeds the limitations of cast bullets. I'm in the same situation with many of my guns. Yes, that's pretty good shooting. No, I'm not a snob, and I don't think Alex is either. I would say he's at the same level as an AMerican varmint hunter or bench rest shooter..

Thank you for the compliment, but I realistic about myself as a beginner shooter. In my representation the shooter, is the one who stable makes the 0.5 "in all conditions (temperature, wind, angle of fire, etc.). me still a long way to this point.

Alex, I don't think the trigger is adjustable on the 513T, but it doesn't need it anyway, the trigger is about as good as a position shooting rifle gets. Mine was used to shoot smallbore competition by my father and myself. It isn't a Hart two ounce trigger, but almost as good.

Got it. I and have guess.

But I liked the rifle. I started with another rifle, with a Russian rifle BI-7-2 KO Basic. I did on the rifle, about 5,000 rounds .22 lr (brass were later my first material swaging).

Alex_4x4
07-16-2013, 05:42 AM
Alex_4X4,

You are welcome! ....... and I understand about the barrel changing vs. Russian law ......... it's a surprise to me that they allow anything ........ so I'll leave it at that.

As far as casting bullets, you are correct in suspecting the small size slugs you were working with ....... casting and shooting those would be like learning to fly but starting with a high performance military aircraft ...... not a good (begining) learning platform .......

The more you get to know how life in Russia, the more you will love your country.

I agree, casting bullets allows a lot of products and very cheap. I have a certain amount of their time is spent on this path. It turned out - not mine.

Alex_4x4
07-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Good day to all!

After a short break, which I have devoted to family affairs, I carry out my promise and tell you about my version FMJ making about 45 grain.

The result was a small comics:

77540 77541 77542

77543 77544 77545

77546 77547 77548

To be continued ...

Alex_4x4
07-29-2013, 12:40 PM
77568 77569 77570

77571 77572 77573

77574 77575 77576

To be continued ...

Alex_4x4
07-29-2013, 12:42 PM
77559 77560 77561

77564 Here are such a beautiful bullet:77565

These bullets are flying at 100 meters like this:

Today it all.

If anyone has opinions, evaluations, comments ... gratefully listen. 77567

R.Ph. 380
07-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Very very nice. I especially like your arrangement for cutting and feeding the lead wire.

Bill

Alex_4x4
07-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Tool from Dave Corbin.

Alex_4x4
08-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Kind time of day!

I on this forum more listen that the participants speak than I speak itself. But today I want to inform my technological find (if she(it) is not yet known) on manufacturing bullets .224" with accuracy + /-0.1 grain:

1. We take J4 in .22 weight 15.5 grain and leaden core of weight 42.9 grain. We press the core in J4.

2. Further we form a bullet, but from nose bullets leaden "surpluses" are squeezed out. I name them "cut-off".

3. "Cut-off" is easily separated from a bullet by fingers. The bullets turn out practically identical on weight, plus - minus 0.1 grain.

4. Such products in a result.

Cane_man
08-23-2013, 04:22 PM
those are really nice looking bullets!

Theditchman
08-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Great looking bullets....what powder and primers do you use

Alex_4x4
08-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. Bullets are obtained weighing 57.2 + / -0.1 grain.

And yet, I'm at the last stage of manufacture of bullets that's been using this equipment.

On today all.

By all of good Luck!

Alex_4x4
08-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Gunpowder: Sunar 5,56. It(him) make in city Kazan.

Primers: KWB-223M. Them make in city of Murom.

Only do not ask as they to me get... 8-)

ronaldod
08-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi Alex,

I'm reading this topic with huge interest and i am curious what the red tool is that you are using on top of your corbin press.

Oh, I almost forgot. Bullets are obtained weighing 57.2 + / -0.1 grain.

And yet, I'm at the last stage of manufacture of bullets that's been using this equipment.

Utah Shooter
08-23-2013, 09:24 PM
That my friend is a tipping die. It gets the meplat tighter than the bullet making dies can get it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fnpCon1Ixg

Alex_4x4
08-24-2013, 03:55 AM
... what the red tool is that you are using on top of your corbin press.

Yes, it Bullet Tipping Die: http://www.bullettipping.com/products_bullettippingdie.html

The good tool, is a pity only, that the firm the manufacturer does not send by mail the production in Russia.

DukeInFlorida
08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
INTERESTING that such a tool is made which increases Ballistics Coefficient, which is a concept discussed in another thread. Hmmmm.

Guess BC ***IS*** important to some people after all.

;) :smile: ;)

customcutter
08-24-2013, 07:01 PM
For the bench rest shooters and others looking for the absolute best accuracy it does make a difference. I'm not capable of that type of accuracy. I can shoot sub MOA, but that's a whole 'nother ball game.

R.Ph. 380
08-24-2013, 07:31 PM
INTERESTING that such a tool is made which increases Ballistics Coefficient, which is a concept discussed in another thread. Hmmmm.

Guess BC ***IS*** important to some people after all.

;) :smile: ;)

Remember Duke, some want no "tip" at all. Sorta like a wadcutter from the .223 [smilie=b:

Bill

Cane_man
08-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Lol!!!

Alex_4x4
08-25-2013, 12:21 AM
[smilie=b:

This guy at a wall... It about me. Persistence passing in obstinacy - attribute of the layman. But I also is the layman. The layman - happy researcher and "pioneer" that already is known.

some want no "tip" at all

My opinion: the bullet should be beautiful... And to correspond twist barrel.

R.Ph. 380
08-25-2013, 09:13 PM
The layman - happy researcher and "pioneer" that already is known.My opinion: the bullet should be beautiful... And to correspond twist barrel.
Yes. Absolutely! We have a saying, "Form Follows Function." and "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

If you like it, it's beautiful and should be the way you see it. I very much like your bullets. They are very nicely done.

Bill

Alex_4x4
08-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Thank.

I am glad, that has appeared in good campaign.

Alex_4x4
09-12-2013, 03:57 PM
I shall be grateful for advice(councils) on designing a bullet .224" in J4.

First, that I want to hear: what mistakes are be.

Zymurgy50
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
J4 jackets are made of a thicker material than rimfire cases. if your rimfire jackets come out of the de-rim die at +/- .705 you should order the next longer size J4.
RCE here in the US offers a package of 3 different length J4's for .224 projectiles, that will let you make 100 of each size to see what fits your needs best without buying a large quantity of jackets that you might not use.

sprinkintime
09-12-2013, 06:51 PM
J4 jackets are made of a thicker material than rimfire cases. if your rimfire jackets come out of the de-rim die at +/- .705 you should order the next longer size J4.
RCE here in the US offers a package of 3 different length J4's for .224 projectiles, that will let you make 100 of each size to see what fits your needs best without buying a large quantity of jackets that you might not use.

I don't think RCE can ship out of the country, I'm not sure of that you might want to ask first.

baker1425
09-12-2013, 07:04 PM
It's good to know that there are handloaders there. With Tula and Wolf ammunition plants, are factory bullets expensive on the economy?

Alex_4x4
09-13-2013, 08:33 AM
I don't think RCE can ship out of the country, I'm not sure of that you might want to ask first.

I do not know what the RCE, but the export license for me my supplier of the United States prepares for my every order.

I buy J4 legally. J4 is not the final product, a material.

A few years ago I could buy in the U.S. export license bullets and cartridge cases, but now the situation has changed, but not in the U.S., and Russia. Jesuit introduced a ban on international mail containing a bullet or cartridge cases.

Alex_4x4
09-13-2013, 08:42 AM
With Tula and Wolf ammunition plants, are factory bullets expensive on the economy?

Sorry, but my program interpreter translated the question "crooked." I did not understand it. Repeat please other words.

Alex_4x4
09-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Generally in the post number 86 I asked for advice on the design of bullets.

And I warn against errors in the design.

:coffeecom

Alex_4x4
09-13-2013, 09:30 AM
2 sprinkintime

RCE = http://www.rceco.com/ ?

Do I understand correctly?

If "yes", then I'm talking about his brother Dave Corbin know, but he did not try to order.

Zymurgy50
09-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Yes,you understand correctly. I plan on ordering some jackets from him in the near future, it all depends on on the amount of cash on hand.

Alex_4x4
09-21-2013, 12:49 PM

Distance hundred meters.
Five series of five shots.
Class sizes are in centimeter along the outer edge holes.

The latter group is quite decent. It seems that something felt.

BLASTER62
09-21-2013, 01:16 PM

Distance hundred meters.
Five series of five shots.
Class sizes are in inches along the outer edge holes.

The latter group is quite decent. It seems that something felt.
Alex: Very nice bullets, what powder and how many grains did you use on the last group on your target Blaster

Alex_4x4
09-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Powder: Sunar 5,56 - 20 gr.; Bullet - 79,6 gr.; Rifles Tikka T-3, twist 8".

And still, sizes of groups not in inches, and in centimeters.

My program the interpreter from time to time begins to live by the life and translates incorrectly.

Alex_4x4
10-21-2013, 03:40 PM
New HP'-RBT 8-S... 6 mm ... 113,7+/-0,2 gr.

The first experience of 6 mm.

J4 - 1,150"

clodhopper
10-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I sure would like to making those 6mm bullets. No boattail dies so far.

TheGrimReaper
10-30-2013, 04:34 PM
I'll introduce you now with my tools, materials, and some of the results swaging and reloading. I'm only working with the .224". I still have a rifle under .243 Win, but I have not collected all the necessary equipment for stamping 6 mm bullets.

This lead to the cores.

I know that the result is not pretty. Shooting fast fifty shots in two hours. The barrel warmed up after the second series of five.

Very Nice, Sir!!!

Alex_4x4
10-31-2013, 12:31 PM
Thank.

==============================

On my products from a post # 98... Unfortunately bullets have not departed. Too heavy for my rifle. To stabilize it has not turned out yet - fly by "iron".

Now has made a party of bullets, similar on the form, but weight 95 gr.

I shall test.

jekemi2005
11-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Alex. What is the hunting like in your area; can you hunt deer, boar, other species? Are you allowed to own a handgun? Алекс. Что такое охота как в вашем районе; можете вы охоте оленя, кабана, другие виды? Вам разрешено владеть пистолет? I used the Microsoft BING translator. Let me know how it works.

Alex_4x4
11-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I now do not hunt on animals and birds. I go on shooting range and I ""hunt" there on a target. I have enough of it.

It is difficult to me to explain to you as the hunt in Russia is organized now. I much do not understand. If there is money, problems with a hunt is not present. :-)

Pistol or revolver, in that kind in which them can have the citizen of USA, I can not have. The law does not permit. In Russia the state traditionally does not trust the citizens.

Your interpreter works normally. If will write by the short, simple offers, without multiple-valued words, problems with translation on Russian will not be.

In Russia now all difficultly and simply simultaneously: http://russia.tv/brand/show/brand_id/48464

3jimbo3
11-02-2013, 07:37 PM

This lead to the cores.

That sure is a nice setup, very clean and organized

Alex_4x4
11-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Thank for an estimation.

And under monotonous operations at manufacturing bullets I still have time to look on the computer a qualitative English detective.

Two rabbits by one shot.:-)

centershot
11-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Alex, I have been following this thread with great interest, thank you for taking the time to post here! I have a question, you stated:

"I can have: no more five shotguns; no more than five rifles; no more than two units of the "limited destruction of firearms"; no more than five units of gas pistols. Of the entire set of "features" I am interested only rifle. And I know what my rifle will be the next three/four years."

What do you mean by ""two units of the "limited destruction of firearms"?

Alex_4x4
11-16-2013, 10:27 AM
It pistols or revolvers using special ammunition, rubber bullets. The energy at the muzzle of the weapon should not exceed 91 joules.

Really, it's not a weapon, and ****.

http://www.armoury-online.ru/articles/traumatic/t-firearm/

Alex_4x4
11-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Really, it's not a weapon, and ****.[/url]

I apologize to the moderator. Instead of stars I had a "salty word". Sorry if violated rules.

walltube
11-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Alex 4x4,
Thank you for posting the movie link. Unfortunately for me ( and some others here, I think) am not fluent in Russian and not able to enjoy it. Perhaps there is a way to include English sub-titles that all us English speaking folks may take advantage of your generosity.

Mods, anybody out there? Cast Boolits have some talented computor folks on board.

Best Regards,
Harold aka walltube

Alex_4x4
11-16-2013, 05:24 PM
I do not know the version of this Film with English subtitles. If you want to try to understand what happened and is happening in Russia to learn Russian.

Well, if short, this film is about the extinction of settlements in rural areas, about the extinction of the Russian countryside. But Russian dying not only in rural areas. In the cities the situation is similar.

The annual depopulation in Russia is around about one million people. Replace the retiring population is due to migrants from the North Caucasus and Central Asia.

Three44s
11-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Someone has to farm and raise livestock ......... for there to be food!

There are people in the United States that think food comes from a store!

We have the same problem .......... people move to the city and in a generation or two think the world consists of cities and the rural areas being their playground!

These people will have very long faces when the stores are empty!

Best regards

Three 44s

Alex_4x4
11-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Yes, it also happens. In Russia it was in the sixties - eighties of the last century. Since the mid nineties, the people of the villages "moves" most of the cemetery.

xman777
12-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Haven't seen any bullets from my Russian friend. Checking in and saying thanks for a great thread. Highly motivating.

Alex_4x4
12-05-2013, 01:38 PM
In my experiences there will be of the average sizes a pause.

Winter suddenly has come and some problems have appeared.

Three44s
12-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Winter & Trouble? ......... NO ............ LOL!

If us American tenderfoots had to endure just one day in a Russian winter ......

........... I suspect that we would all shrivel up like a PRUNE!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!

Bundle up and put another chunk of wood on the fire!

Three 44s

Alex_4x4
12-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Troubles at me now are not present... There are problems... They will be solved.

For a congratulation on Christmas - thank!

I congratulate mutually.

As a gift - photo of a fire on Christmas. This photo nine years, but it is pleasant to me.

clodhopper
12-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the cheery fire. Snow getting deeper here today.
Merry Christmas Alex, and the same to all my other freinds.

Alex_4x4
12-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Yes, can endlessly look at three things:
1. fire burning;
2. as the water flows;
3. and how someone ... working.

mikeym1a
12-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Alex, I have watched this thread with interest, and enjoyment. I hope you have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

Alex_4x4
12-22-2013, 02:34 AM
Thank you.

I hope to be able to tell something interesting in January. In early December, I had arranged with three volunteers to test new products. Type FMJ, heavy (69 gr.) and short.

Project: Create a bullet for shooting at short distances (up to 100 meters), low speed (subsonic) using small sample pistol powder.

http://forum.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/008432/8432446.jpg

And today, I will perform the order on here such:

http://forum.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/008530/8530839.jpg

Will earn money at meat for Charlie.

:-)

Nickle
12-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Alex, my Russian friend, it is always good to hear from you.

Sounds like you have a good project ahead of you.

I am determined to do some work on 224 bullets and find out exactly how good they can be. I plan on using commercial bullets, swaged with 22 long rifle case jackets, swaged with J4 jackets and custom made bullets. I have all or near all the materials needed, and rifles adequate to do the testing (and tell the difference).

Gunnut 45/454
12-23-2013, 12:20 AM
Алекс
Добро пожаловать! Я полагал, так как ваш идти через трудности говорить по-английски, мы должны попытаться по-русски. Хорошо стреляешь купить путь

Alex
Welcome! I figured since your going through the trouble of speaking English we should try Russian.
Nice shooting buy the way. :)

Alex_4x4
12-23-2013, 02:14 AM
the trouble of speaking English

I'm not a masochist, but learning English - a pleasant problem.

I found an English language course with an interesting methodology of teaching.

Russian language study harder.

bgreed
01-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Privet Alex,
Kak dela? My wife is from Ukraine the city of Sumy her mother lives inn Veliky Luki, Russia so I speak a little Russian my wife says VERY little. )) I do not swage bullets yet but saw your thread and had to welcome you to the forum. I have a friend who's wife is from Tver. You might want to explain to those that don't know that cities are very centralized. They also might enjoy some photos of your city. Good luck with the bullet making.

Alex_4x4
01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Thank for kind words. I now visit this forum a little.

Experiments with bullets I while have suspended. Some projects have left in a garbage basket.

I try to understand in what I was mistaken.

Nickle
01-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Alex, it looks like we have some mutual friends in the Zelenograd area.

http://internationalbenchrest.com/ranges/russia.php

Alex_4x4
01-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Yes, to me without seeing (through the Internet) is familiar Gennady Kozhaev. He first (or one of first) at whom in Russia has appeared CSP-1.

He managed to transform the enthusiasm into work.

I am very far from the results, achieved by him, and opportunities, available at him.

But I hope time at me still is... I hope.

davidheart
01-31-2014, 01:15 PM
Privet Alex! It's nice to see you on the forum. I'm pretty new here myself but my family is from Ukraine and I don't speak Russian but a word here or there. But when I saw somebody from Russia I just wanted to greet you! I hope this forum gives you as much assistance as it has given me. :D

God Bless.

Alex_4x4
02-03-2014, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome. This is an interesting forum. And here is good aura ... all is quiet, friendly.

I like it here.

Alex_4x4
07-08-2014, 09:56 AM
I'm not dead and has not lost interest in this forum.

:coffeecom

There are no news ... except for one - a lot of demands for products.

Maybe in the fall, when I will (hopefully) new press, introduce new products.

R.Ph. 380
07-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Welcome back Alex, Missed You being on the forum.

Bill

Alex_4x4
07-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Thank you. Nice to hear.
If interested, you can look at my items here: http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/153/940687-41.html

In post No. 1117 items HP'-RBT about 69 gr. me of the last executed order. A lot of work I am doing every month a few thousand pieces.

Alex_4x4
11-16-2015, 04:07 PM
I have not remembered about this node. Has passed more than a year. What to say?

From July 2014 to July 2015, I made 45,000 items and they all had gone shooters and hunters. Since the autumn of this year, I started doing product in .243 caliber.

If you are interested, you can view all the dynamics in Russian forum: http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/153/940687-95.html

plus1hdcp
11-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Sounds like everything is going well for you, good to hear.

R.Ph. 380
11-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Alex, those are some great looking boat tails.

Bill

Welcome back also

Alex_4x4
11-17-2015, 12:21 AM
Sounds like everything is going well for you, good to hear.

Yes, all is well. I know in which direction the next few years.

Alex_4x4
11-17-2015, 12:25 AM
Welcome back also

Thank you. I'm on this forum recently little writing, but I read it periodically. It is interesting.

Oklahoma Rebel
12-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Hey alex welcome, im a little off topic, but I want to make my mosin nagant 9130 a 9.0X54R. do you have any tips or experience? thanks, The O.K. KIDD

Alex_4x4
12-25-2015, 01:34 PM
No I am not familiar with this rifle. I'm not interested in weapons for the war.

clodhopper
12-26-2015, 01:36 AM
Merry Christmas Alex.
It is very quiet in the swaging thread.
I do not know The O.K. KIDD, But would guess his conversion to 9mm was mostly for a hunting rifle.

It sounds like a great idea to me KIDD. No info about 9.0X54 but I do have some experience with .35 Whelen. Bullet swaging from discarded, shortened, .223 brass for jackets would make cheap ammo.

runfiverun
12-26-2015, 02:15 AM
as would 30 carbine brass.
the [35] 9x54R shouldn't be too difficult to either have made nor reload for.
it would fall in there between the 358 win and the 35 whelen barreled well and properly.
2500 fps with a 200-225gr cast boolit should be a breeze.

woodbutcher
12-26-2015, 10:14 PM
[smilie=s:Alex.Welcome aboard.Please keep us informed.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Utah Shooter
12-27-2015, 01:54 AM
Wow I am lost. This is a 2 year old thread.

R.Ph. 380
12-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Yeah, but Alex comes and goes. Nice to hear from him from time to time.

skeettx
12-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Alex,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
I have been making jacketed bullets since the early 1970s.
Sometimes I use 22LR cases and the re-rimming tool.
But I anneal my cases first using the oven and then a cold water quench.
How are you annealing your 22LR cases for making jacktet?
Or are you now only using J-4 jackets?
Mike

Alex_4x4
12-28-2015, 03:25 PM
To all:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

How are you annealing your 22LR cases for making jacktet?
Or are you now only using J-4 jackets?
Mike

I use a homemade device. In the picture it before my cat Charlie.

156640 156641

This device I warm up on the burner gas stove. Then I put a jacket with a lead core. After a while, plus annealed jacket core is soldered to to the jacket. Cheap and cheerful.

But Berger J4 from me now unavailable. The US State Department has stopped to issue export licenses for me, as a citizen of Russia.

phishroy
12-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Yes, it Bullet Tipping Die: http://www.bullettipping.com/products_bullettippingdie.html

The good tool, is a pity only, that the firm the manufacturer does not send by mail the production in Russia.
Hi Alex, i would be interested in purchasing a tipping die for my set up as well but how do you decide which tipping die punch is the right one for the bullet?
looks like there are about 20 different punches/ tipping profiles only for the 224 diameter.

Alex_4x4
12-29-2015, 02:32 PM
... but how do you decide which tipping die punch is the right one for the bullet?
looks like there are about 20 different punches/ tipping profiles only for the 224 diameter.

Everything about this table: http://www.bullettipping.com/products_bullettippingdie_tippingpunchguide.html

Each punch has its own number. If I understand correctly, it is associated with a form of ogive (Nose Shape).

http://www.corbins.com/images/tang.gif

I use punch B-6 and die 6-S. It works.

phishroy
12-29-2015, 05:17 PM
im not sure if the numbers listed as the part number correlate with the ogive profile.
some of the numbers are B-20 or B-18.
i tried contacting the manufacturer of this die asking them which punch would work for my 10-s ogive and they seemed very confused about what an s-10 ogive is.

skeettx
12-29-2015, 05:47 PM
See here

http://www.swagedies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CBST&Product_Code=LTFB-4-H&Category_Code=PRESS

Alex_4x4
01-01-2016, 06:57 AM
im not sure ...

Perhaps the punch has an abstract numbering. May be.

phishroy
01-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Everything about this table: http://www.bullettipping.com/products_bullettippingdie_tippingpunchguide.html

Each punch has its own number. If I understand correctly, it is associated with a form of ogive (Nose Shape).

http://www.corbins.com/images/tang.gif

I use punch B-6 and die 6-S. It works.

Contacted the company that makes the tipping die asking them for a top punch that would the 6S tangent ogive.
This is the response I got from them: "Sorry but we cannot determine what tipping punch your bullet will need based on a tanget ogive of 6-S. Our number TP 6 has nothing to do with the ogive of the bullets. It is just a numbering system we used as we developed punches"

Alex_4x4
01-05-2016, 03:53 PM
2 phishroy (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?10698-phishroy)

Thank you.

I will know and remember the information.

If you have any questions for me - ask. What I know I will tell. At the same time check my knowledge for errors. In Russia there are so many people who are interested in swaging bullets. It is always interesting to talk with someone who is the theme.

Hanvitalii
03-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Hello Alex ))))).
i'am Vitaliy (Republic of Kazakhstan) from Guns.ru

victorfox
03-28-2016, 07:23 AM
Alex is not here, but I found this thread browsing the forum and was impressed with his works!

Alex, I live in Brazil and the firearm situation is not much different from Russia, we can't reload without some permits (expensive), can't have certain calibers and can only have up to 6 firearms on a police license.

Glad to see how you guys work around the government stuff there, we try to do same here.

My best wishes to you.

Alex_4x4
03-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Hello Alex ))))).
i'am Vitaliy (Republic of Kazakhstan) from Guns.ru

Hello, Vitaly!

Glad to hear. Where else to meet, if not on the other side of the globe.

Now I'm here on a case by case basis. Much time is spent on the execution of orders. And it is good that they are. I am now without official work and swaging turned from a hobby into a money making opportunity at life.

Who I came in here a little bit, "boast" my products .243 ". Their colleagues have tested and sent to the target.

164737 164738

164739 164740

Alex_4x4
03-28-2016, 01:58 PM
... My best wishes to you.

Thank you. Always nice to hear kind words.

If interested, I can give a link to my thread in the forum, is analogous to this, in Russia:

http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/153/940687-121.html

There my articles in the dynamics of a few years.

And about the various obstacles, as my grandfather: road will master going.

victorfox
03-31-2016, 03:53 PM
Alex, I hope you situation improves. You're such a talented guy and will surely turn around for better.

Victor

Alex_4x4
03-31-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm just at the beginning.

By the end of this year, I plan to get a set of equipment to .308 ".

The following year, owning a set of equipment to 6.5 mm.

A year later, I try to solve the problem with the equipment to create their own J4.

And then ... then the state interested in me ... :-) ... and I will have a problem ... :-)

Alex_4x4
05-20-2017, 02:34 AM
My plans have partially come true. I bought a set of equipment for punching bullets .308.

Soon (not in a year, but in the nearest weeks) I will provide my experiments with bullets in .308.

skeettx
05-20-2017, 07:36 AM
Great!!!
Please post more often
Good luck on your testing

Alex_4x4
07-16-2017, 02:03 PM
A308-1, 180 gr.: 199806; A308-2, 160 gr.: 199807; A308-3, 181 gr.: 199808; A308-4, 175 gr.: 199809; A308-5, 150 gr.: 199810

RED333
07-16-2017, 10:06 PM
WOW, great Scott man, them look great!!!

Alex_4x4
07-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Thank you.

Flying about a minute (plus / minus). Designed for hunting and recreational shooting.

skeettx
07-17-2017, 03:27 PM
One MOA is wonderful and accurate enough for hunting and recreational shooting
Well done, well done
Mike

just bill
07-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Very well swaged projectiles. It appears you used a round nose point forming die of sorts. Did you do anything special to the ejection pin. I didn't notice too much deformation.
Bill

Alex_4x4
07-18-2017, 01:20 AM
http://www.bullettipping.com/products_bullettippingdie.html

TP-B11

just bill
07-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Thanks, PM sent.
Bill

Alex_4x4
07-18-2017, 04:32 PM
The process of forming meplat step by step:

199913 199914 199915 199916 199917 199918 199919 199920 199921

just bill
07-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Thank you for your pictures.
Bill

Alex_4x4
07-19-2017, 01:17 AM
You're welcome.

R.Ph. 380
07-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Go away Alex, making the rest of us look lazy.........................................

just bill
07-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Go away Alex, making the rest of us look lazy.........................................
R.PH. 380
After reading your articles and information on both sites there is a small chance of Alex making us look lazy. He, as others on this site, has raised the bar and given us incentive. Oh yes he did it without photo bucket, notice that.
Bill

Zbench
07-21-2017, 01:46 AM
Awesome to see Dave Corbin's equipment making first class bullets all the way over in Russia!

Alex_4x4
07-21-2017, 03:22 AM

Never.

My years spent in the "socialist camp" - mediocre lost time. Now I have opportunities and a little freedom. Now I myself am responsible for my life. And I like it.

I want to live interesting. I'm "hungry" with respect to work.

Colleagues, I envy your opportunities. For me, most of what you can get without making any effort is simply not available.

Do not be lazy. Laziness is the greatest sin.

Alex_4x4
07-21-2017, 03:25 AM
Here is the guy who really holds the bar: http://precisionballisticsllc.com/

Alex_4x4
07-21-2017, 03:28 AM
Awesome to see Dave Corbin's equipment making first class bullets all the way over in Russia!

The globe became small. The Internet and international postal items are the great achievements of civilization.

And Russian customs is the greatest evil.

just bill
07-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Let's see, USA, Russia, Norway, Australia, South America, Canada and Austro -Hungarian Monarchy, any I've missed, wow what crew. Alex, I'm 3/4 Balkin and 1/4 Ukrainian.
Bill

Alex_4x4
07-22-2017, 01:37 AM
What does "Balkin" mean?

My translator program does not cope with the translation.

However, from my point of view, identification by nationality is a tribute to their ancestors. In Russia, in its pure form, nationality, I think, was not preserved - a continuous cocktail of genes.

Meaning, in my opinion, has a language in which you think and speak, the culture you follow ... well, citizenship (or place of residence) is what gives opportunities for self-realization. Or does not give, if it's North Korea.

skeettx
07-22-2017, 06:05 PM
Balkan as in Balkan States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans

just bill
07-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Balkan as in Balkan States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans

You are right, I misspelled it.
Bill

Alex_4x4
07-23-2017, 02:00 AM
The region of your ancestral home understood.

Alex_4x4
08-13-2017, 01:49 AM
Another model (J4 1.25" .308Cal STP-RBT 8-S 218.5 gr.):

Alex_4x4
12-30-2018, 03:09 AM
Well, the year 2018 ends. If anyone is interested, I have created, during this time, 30-35 thousand bullets. All bullets were taken by customers. Customers thank me for the products. My hobby tends to turn into work.

I like it.

How I worked with orders can be found here: https://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/153/940687-275.html

Starting next year, in Russia, they “allowed” the independent equipment of ammunition for rifled weapons for the owners of such weapons. So I will have more orders.

I like this one.

Most likely, I will soon have competitors.

I don’t really like it, but it’s an objective process. Invigorates.

I am starting to think about the creation of J4.

Life is going.

I congratulate everyone on the upcoming new 2019!

I wish you happiness!

MUSTANG
12-30-2018, 12:28 PM
Best wishes for a new year to Alex 4x4 and others on the site.

T_McD
01-30-2019, 10:43 PM
Colleagues, I envy your opportunities. For me, most of what you can get without making any effort is simply not available.

Do not be lazy. Laziness is the greatest sin.

Good motivation for being more self sufficient. And to appreciate our hobby even more.

Alex_4x4
02-02-2019, 03:56 AM
There is also a wonderful motive: Running away from death - you will never run away completely, but in the process of escape, though, you will be warm.

Alex_4x4
03-04-2019, 09:39 AM
I have news:

237307 237308

These are products .308 165 gr. and 175 gr. They are completely made of Russian material (lead and jacket).

My plans for this year are implemented a little faster than I expected.

Gew
03-04-2019, 10:57 AM
What type of jacket, copper pipe maybe?

skeettx
03-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Well done, well done
Please keep us updated on your progress
Where do you get to test your bullets in Russia?

Alex_4x4
03-04-2019, 04:34 PM
What type of jacket, copper pipe maybe?

No, sheet brass is cut into strips, then round "coins" are cut, and then the process is similar to the technology of Dave Corbin.

Alex_4x4
03-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Well done, well done
Please keep us updated on your progress
Where do you get to test your bullets in Russia?

During the hunting season you can train in hunting grounds; Outside the hunting season, the shooting range (where it is), the shooting club (where it is), the training ground of some military unit (if you can agree with the local leadership). And my products will now be tested by several volunteers from different regions of Russia. Then they will provide me with reports in the form of photographs of targets and, if the results are acceptable, the products will go into circulation. Every month I make about 4,000 bullets in stock. I have customers from all over Russia. I found myself an interesting activity.

slim1836
03-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Congratulations and well done.

Slim

Alex_4x4
03-05-2019, 12:47 AM
Congratulations and well done.

Slim

Thank.

Glad to try, Your Excellency!