PDA

View Full Version : Other Uses for Gun Stuff

Hamish
07-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Sometimes you have to think around the situation when the opera singer of the house (for real) needs to practice and it's just too hot outside.

runfiverun
07-06-2013, 08:38 PM
plug em into the mp-3 or the I-phone and put a little skrillex or combichrist on.
you'll forget all about the opera singing.

Bad Water Bill
07-06-2013, 09:39 PM
I will send you Andre Rieu in Melbourn.

You can enjoy GOOD orchestra and beautiful ladies while your wanabee can listen to 2 world class opera singers that are also very soothing to your OLD eyeballs.

There are 3 Tenors to enjoy as well.

And everyone will be happy for about THREE HOURS.

Another useful tidbit from gun stuff.:bigsmyl2:

Hamish
07-06-2013, 10:14 PM
That's just it, she ain't no wannabe. Graduated Magna Cum Laude as a Voice Major. The last big production was LaTraviata in the lead. (If you're at all curious check out Renee Fleming on Youtube in the role) She has to be careful not to blow out equipment when silly people insist that she wear a microphone.

Bad Water Bill
07-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Sounds like she should know "MARIESHA FROM AUSTRALIA"

Not sure if I with my hearing loss AND electronic muffs could survive 4 hours no matter what.

Wow you do indeed have a wonderful winner there. And it seems like a young lady with a fantastic career ahead of herself.

MT Gianni
07-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Good for her and let her practice.

Bad Water Bill
07-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Well now you have me confabulated.

You showed a picture of one person,and after watching U tube I have to ask, how old is the picture. The young lady in the video sure looks just a bit older than the person in the picture. And no not the old ----- with the beard.

Thought that was me 50-60 years ago, then I looked again and I know I was way better looking back then.:kidding:

Hamish
07-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Well, this thread is certainly not going the way I thought it would. I would send you a copy of her in the role but the only copy was "misplaced" by her prof.
:veryconfu

Bad Water Bill
07-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Trying

Some frozen meals have nice plastic trays that are stackable.

They are cheap and hold your parts

Next

lylejb
07-07-2013, 12:48 PM
my son used to wear his earmuffs around the house when my daughter was practicing clarinet......Then he took up tuba........

I just grin and bear it

popper
07-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Orange thingies in the ears while riding a few hundred miles with the wife listening to the radio, dog & GKs. She says it's not fair, I say it is.

pipehand
07-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Hamish, I was a bit confused also. I'm pretty sure that the reference to Renee' Fleming was so we could see the opera ( Which is 2 hours and 20+ minutes long) and not that Ms. Fleming is your daughter.

I understand about the microphone thing. My only voice training was courtesy of the USMC, and more recently, construction sites that can be pretty loud.

Take the muffs off and enjoy. Learn the Tenor part and join in.

Bad Water Bill
07-07-2013, 04:31 PM
He has already memorized the part and has it down pat.

The first time he started the song his ever patient wife put on the muffs herself and told Hamish to "sing solo".

So low no one could hear him.

It was reported that the cream turned sour before he got thru the first 5 minutes. :kidding:

7Acres
07-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Hamish, congrats on raising a well rounded and talented young lady!