PDA

View Full Version : Lost our buddy this morning

YunGun
07-05-2013, 10:15 AM
We lost Toreador, our 4-legged friend and companion of the past 15 years today.
When my wife brought him home he was '3 pounds of fluffy white destruction' but he mellowed out a bit with time.
Feels almost like we lost a son and brother - He will be sorely missed.

TheGrimReaper
07-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm truly sorry for your loss. Our puppy is like our daughter also. Part of the family.

dagger dog
07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
He will always be with you, and his influence on you and your family, all will treasure those memories.

All good dogs reside in Heaven he will be there when your time has come.

WILCO
07-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Tough times, but they will pass. You're crossing a bridge well traveled by those of us here, so you're not alone. Stay strong, keep moving forward.

PbHurler
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
My condolences on the loss of your buddy, dogs are the best.

Alvarez Kelly
07-05-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. We've lost 2 in the last 18 months. It really is like losing a family member.

Hang onto the memories. They will bring a smile years from now. You never forget, but it does get easier to bare.

10-x
07-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Check out the rainbow bridge.........

bigfelipe
07-05-2013, 04:28 PM
All dogs go to heaven... Sorry for your loss...

JeffinNZ
07-05-2013, 06:15 PM
I know where you are at. It never gets easier. It's the price of unconditional love.

gray wolf
07-05-2013, 08:27 PM
I know where you are at. It never gets easier. It's the price of unconditional love.
Yes in deed, very true statement. It's a painful thing to go through.

white eagle
07-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I am so sorry to hear that
please know that he was better to have found you as well

Phat Man Mike
07-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. We have lost 4 in the past few months. The oldest was 18 years old.

William Yanda
07-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Sorry for your loss. My daughter lost her Newfie this past week. If you know Newfies, you'll understand why I called him the king of slobber. He has had some health issues in recent years-lost all the hair on his back, but Tuesday morning she woke up and found that he had died in his sleep. Really hurts.

bayjoe
07-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Gliden07
07-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Sorry for your loss! Never easy to lose a trusted friend!!

Boz330
07-06-2013, 02:32 PM
My condolences as well. When the time is right get another and give them your love and a good life. Lost one in Jan. and am enjoying training the new one right now.

Bob

cephas53
07-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Condolences, know the feeling. Personally like most dogs better than most of the people I run into.

jaydub in wi
07-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Sorry for your loss. My lab is 8 and my cocker is almost 11. Don't know how I'm going to handle it. I think I'll have to get a puppy and start all over when the time comes.

4719dave
07-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Sorry to here this .Yes they are family members .....Had to put down my lab 1.5 year ago .Now his ashes are in my safe waiting for me .Going under my tree stand forever ..they all go to heaven ide bet my pay check on that one ..

Vinne
07-06-2013, 07:08 PM
We didn't get any more after we lost the last one...just too hard. Then we had hurricane Katrina hit and thought we lost all the photos. I just last month found a bag with some photo albums. Most of the photos were in sleeves and were still good. I think we were lucky to save those happy memories!!

pdawg_shooter
07-07-2013, 02:00 PM
All dogs go to heaven... Sorry for your loss...

If they don't...neither do I

shooter2
07-07-2013, 08:55 PM
It is tough and you have my prayer. We've lost a number over the years and I remember them all. Buddy, one of our two Springers, is now on some serious meds for blood problems and it's breaking my heart. S2

DCP
07-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Big Rack
07-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Two years ago we were given a baby dacshund to be a companion to Rufus our semi elderly one, he really didn't even know how to eat yet. He's father had attacked him and he had an ear partially missing and scars from bites. I named him Rags because he was so chewed up.
Rufus taught him well and they loved playing soccor with a small beach ball, we think someone tossed a poisoned treat over the fence, Rags died.I always thought he was somewhere bright playing soccer.
This morning at around 4:30 Rufus died of old age he was more grey than black and about toothless, we had rescued him 10 years ago the vet didn't think he'd make another six months. He died peacefully with my wife and I stroking him. He was 19.
I told my wife that I was sure he and Rags were relaxing after the first soccer game in a year and were probably saying "Hey, remember that time..."
I got on here just to take my mind away and read this post, I guess they're both at Rainbow Bridge. Don't worry Mom and Dad will be with you one day.