PDA

View Full Version : ar15 bolt carrer group

milltownhunter
07-04-2013, 07:49 AM
i in need of a bolt carrer group and all of bushmaster stag arms dpms bolt are sold out are any of the other bolts any good the off brands are still avaible?

DCM
07-04-2013, 11:34 AM
There are plenty of other quality BCGs out there, Availability is the major problem right now.
Even before the panic they were available but scarce.
Hopefully someone else here will be of more help to you and prove me wrong on availability.

DCM
07-04-2013, 11:35 AM
There are plenty of other quality BCGs out there, Availability is the major problem right now.
Even before the panic they were available but scarce.
Hopefully someone else here will be of more help to you and prove me wrong on availability.

dkf
07-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I prefer a full auto carrier but here are some quality semi and auto BCGs.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=112

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3759

cheese1566
07-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I would be very careful about any full auto parts in s semi auto receiver. Uncle Sam frowns on any full auto parts in semi only receivers , even if the gun only functions in semi auto.

Just my 2 cents.

captain-03
07-04-2013, 09:30 PM
I would be very careful about any full auto parts in s semi auto receiver. Uncle Sam frowns on any full auto parts in semi only receivers , even if the gun only functions in semi auto.

Just my 2 cents.

Negative --- nothing wrong or illegal for an M16 bolt to be in an AR .. done everyday!! The semi-auto AR receiver will not accept the parts needed for full-auto .....

Baron von Trollwhack
07-04-2013, 09:48 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Baloney !

BvT

repawn
07-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Check palmetto state armory or aimsurplus - saw they had them in stock. Bravo Company Manufacturing is my favorite - but harder to find now. Midwest industries often have them - but you have to check.

cheese1566
07-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Edited for misinformation based on confusion and not being correct.

repawn
07-05-2013, 10:43 AM
This issue has been beaten to death over at ar15.com: Here is a link to the post with a letter from the US DOJ: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/492867_Full_Auto_BCG_and_AR15_Rifles.html

Essentially they state the m16 bcg is not a firearm and does not make in itslef make a firearm automatic.
If you are interested in the differences between the 2 bcgs you can read more here: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=607342

Copper75
07-05-2013, 10:59 AM
The difference between F/A and S/A BCG has to do mainly with weight. FA is heavier therefore it will slow the bolt down as it cycles and several other things. It also provides energy for seating a "difficult" round or seating rounds when the chamber is dirty. This a VERY simplified explanation. I personally prefer the heavier BCG.
COPPER

Jupiter7
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
The palmetto state armory m16 style BCG is good to go, I've got 5 of them in different rifles. Buy with confidence. Bravo company gets theirs and sells them in a matter of minutes, weekly. As for off brands, I've got one AR stoner that is of desired specs, it seems fine after about 2k rounds of 300blk. Fwiw, I'd consider stag, bushmaster and DPMS, "the off brands" too.

plainsman456
07-05-2013, 12:17 PM
The feds have said that there are 5 parts that when owned make the parts a machine gun.

They are in the fire control group not the BGC.

Some have gotten BCG's that have not been heat treated properly,use good judgment.

plainsman456
07-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I should add that even if you do not own a ar-15 and have those 5 parts you have a machine gun according to them.

Nickle
07-05-2013, 04:57 PM
That's a change of position for them. They used to consider them part of a full aito specific gun, at least in practice they did.

The difference between the full and semi BCG's is the length of the cut in the bottom of the bolt carrier itself.

dkf
07-06-2013, 12:54 PM
An M16 BCG is perfectly legal without any NFA paperwork. A LOT of AR companies include them with their rifles and uppers as std equipment. An M16 BCG and a H buffer is good stuff. Well unless using light loads.

Written by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), Chief of the Firearms Technology Branch
...M16 bolt carriers are not designed and inteded solely and exclusively for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun and are not any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled. Further, an M16 bolt carrier is not a firearm as defined in the GCA or a machinegun as defined in the NFA. An M16 bolt carrier is simply a machinegun part and as such its domestic sale and possession is unregulated under the Federal firearms laws. It is not unlawful to utilize a M16 machinegun bolt carrier in a semiautomatic AR15 type rifle.

cheese1566
07-08-2013, 09:24 AM
OK guys, I'll man up and admit maybe I was wrong.

:groner:

Baron von Trollwhack
07-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Thanks for that reply.

CB is infected with with bum data and I can state from experience that if pointed out, some will send you flaming PMs for touching their pet errors.

BvT

LynC2
07-10-2013, 07:48 AM
OK guys, I'll man up and admit maybe I was wrong.

:groner:

Considering the BATF is involved, it is understandable some people are a bit paranoid!
:shock:

dkf
07-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Both NFAs should be repealed. Registration is unconstitutional anyway. Most of us have the equipment, know someone with the equipment and have the know how to make weapons or modify current weapons that would fall under NFA if we wanted to break the law. Thus the law is nothing but an unjust tax and registration.

Faret
07-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Both NFAs should be repealed. Registration is unconstitutional anyway. Most of us have the equipment, know someone with the equipment and have the know how to make weapons or modify current weapons that would fall under NFA if we wanted to break the law. Thus the law is nothing but an unjust tax and registration.

2nd That!!![smilie=w: