PDA

View Full Version : I found powder!

oldred
07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
There is a small, and I do mean small, gun shop not far from where I live and I bet I have passed that place a hundred times without giving it much thought. A couple of friends told me that he had a few things in there but it was mostly just fishing stuff so I had not bothered to stop, well I did today and what a surprise! He has a darn good selection of most of the Hodgdon powders (I am now the proud new owner of a fresh 8lb jug of Varget), a heck of a lot of IMR powders and he also had Remington primers. His powder is still priced about what it was going for here pre-panic which is somewhat higher than on-line but not bad either. He has lots of loaded ammo along with brass and a pretty good selection of jacketed bullets. Sometimes it pays off to check with these little out-of-the-way places.

tengaugetx
07-03-2013, 05:44 PM
That's the only places (2 locally) I have been able to find what I need for the last 6 months. Support your local independents.

waksupi
07-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Yep, there is a tiny out of the way shop here in Kalispell, same thing, usually the best prices.

LUCKYDAWG13
07-03-2013, 07:35 PM
can i ask what did that #8 jug set you back

gsdelong
07-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Oldred, I am headed to Asheville NC from Indiana next week any chance you could pass along the name of the shop? Feel free to P.M.

Kraschenbirn
07-04-2013, 10:02 AM
It's beginning to reappear around here, too. Wednesday, I stopped by a small shop in Bloomington (IL) and found they received a (small) shipment of assorted powders and Federal primers that morning. Sales were still limited to (2) pounds of powder and (1000) primers but prices were at, essentially, 'pre-panic' levels. (I picked up a carton of W-W SPs for $32 + tax which is only about a buck more than the going over-the-counter prices at this time last year.)

Bill