View Full Version : Rcbs Piggyback Unit

castshooter-too
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Anyone have one?
Thinking of purchasing a used one my friend bought at
a gunshow real cheap to reload 38 specials with that
he does'nt have a need for but I do.

How good are they ?

Reliability issues I should be aware of ?

BRUCE

dragonrider
10-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Yes I have one, I like it alot, very smooth, like any progressive it likes full complete strokes in one liquid motion. I have had no problems with it that I have not caused. I use it for 357's. Catches all the primers too.

castshooter-too
10-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Does it come standard with a powder measure ?
or do I have to purchase that seperate?

The one I've seen showed a measure afixed to it.

NuJudge
10-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Mine is a very early one.

Using it on top of a press may result in you having to re-adjust all your dies for that press.

CDD

creekwalker
10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
NuJudge is your's a PB 1 or 2? I have a PB1 that RCBS just rebuilt for me and updated to PB2. Are there any tips in setting mine up and running it? Also are you priming on or off press and have you gone with the newer case activated powder measure linkage from either Hornady or RCBS?

NuJudge
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
I have the PiggyBack 1. I have not used it in years because I hate having to reset all my other dies. I bought a bunch of shell holders with it. Do you need any particular ones?

I used the original linkage with an RCBS measure.

CDD

No_1
10-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Is the piggyback a 4 station or 5 station setup?

R.

I have the PiggyBack 1. I have not used it in years because I hate having to reset all my other dies. I bought a bunch of shell holders with it. Do you need any particular ones?

I used the original linkage with an RCBS measure.

CDD

NuJudge
10-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Five

CDD

johnp
10-03-2007, 06:57 AM
I have the PB II and have been pleased with it. I wish it had the newer removeable die plate but I can't have everything I guess.
The worst that has happend on mine is I didn't complete the stroke and messed up the plastic indexing bushing but those are cheap.
Mine has the case activated powder drop linkage but the measure did not come with it.

AnthonyB
10-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Creekwalker, what did RCBS charge for the re-build? I have one I got used and haven't done anything with it yet. Tony

creekwalker
10-03-2007, 08:39 PM
RCBS treated me better than I deserved, they were fantastic, didn’t charge me anything, all I was out was the shipping fee to them. If yours is intact and nothing is missing you really don’t need to send it back, mine was in pieces and was messed up, if your PB is a PB1 that you want to have updated to PB2 (really worth doing), than you ought to be ok. Give RCBS a call M-Thu or send them an e-mail you’ll get a clear response with no problem.

cw

No_1
10-03-2007, 09:14 PM
PM sent.

R.

Five

CDD