PDA

View Full Version : Dillon customer service not up to par? BS!

W.R.Buchanan
07-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi guys: many of you have already figured out that I am a fan of the Dillon company and it's products.

Here's a good reason why. It is also a good story for all the nay sayer's out there who have some imagined grievance with this company

Soooo,,,

I was having some problems with one of my SDB's small primer system destroying the blue plastic tips.

Plus I needed a couple of parts so I called and was told it was 15 minute wait.

I sighed and said OK;:groner:

About 20 minutes later "Old Mike" (there are three younger Mike's in Customer service) answered the phone and I told him my problem.

"Old Mike" the proceeded to spend 40 minutes on the phone with me and we completely readjusted every part of the priming system and every other adjustment on the machine, as well as my powder measures,,, All Five of them!

They sent me 10 new blue plastic tips for the small primer tube after telling me they should last 50,000 rounds. They sent me a new Primer ram as mine was an older model. They also included a bunch of new springs for my other PM's

All for Free!

He did charge me for the Bushnell TRS-25 I bought which they had in stock and will ship out Friday since it was already 2:30PM when we got done.

He told me some things about what was going on at Dillon right now.

They are shipping 1000+ orders a day!

They have added a complete Extra Day shift in production.

They have added a complete extra new phone system, in addition to the one they already have.

They have added a night shift for the first time since the companies inception 40 years ago!

40 minutes on the phone with me is what I call "Customer Service!"

I can't believe that people have problems with this company.

Just goes to show,,, Ya' can't please everyone. But they are trying like hell anyway!

Randy

Duckiller
07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Randy you got a whole lot better service than I ever got. Dillion is ok but I still preferr sliced bread and RCBS.

07-03-2013, 01:53 AM
my first dillon was a sdb bought it used it was a train wreck they spent probly 3.5 hours total time with me on the phone sent all kinds of parts twice i asked them how much i owed them and they didn't charge me a penny later i sold the sdb now i own a550b and a 650 with a case feeder i also got great service from rcbs once when i needed parts for my rcbs scale

dudel
07-03-2013, 06:15 AM
Randy,

You know, it just hit me. Dillon CS may be swamped by all the new reloaders out there calling about using magnum primers for regular primers, or if I can't find Bullseye, can I just use Retumbo?

It's Obama's fault!

Don

W.R.Buchanan
07-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Dudel: I think he mentioned that too.

But in any event it is all Obamas fault, in fact,,, EVERYTHING is Obamas fault!!!!

Randy

jmorris
07-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I had an issue a few weeks ago and didn't want to sit on the phone so I just PM'ed Gary on another forum on a Friday afternoon. He answered ,my PM on Sat and I had a new part the next week.

Randy C
07-03-2013, 08:59 PM
I think it is how you go about tings I have used most company's I have never paid for anything I call RCBS the most I have bought enough that they wont let me pay for any thing If I buy any more reloading equipment I'm going to need a bigger house BUT IM STILL WAITING FOR MY RCE PRESS.

knifemaker
07-03-2013, 09:16 PM
My father-in-law started me reloading in the early 70's and told me to buy RCBS as they were only 30 miles from our home. I still use a lot of RCBS for my rifle reloading. Still have my Rockchucker I bought 40 years ago. I also use Dillion for loading my pistol ammo which I do a lot of shooting with. Have been match shoooting in PPC and IDPA since the late 70's. That Dillion 550 has turned out a lot of ammo in 38, 41 mag, 44 spec & 44 mag. and 45acp.
I have used both RCBS and Dillion customer service for items that wore out or I even lost. Neither of them has ever charged me a penny even when I told them I lost the primer tubes during a move.
As far as I am concerned, both have a no B.S. warranty on their products and customer service is the best I have ever seen with any company.

W.R.Buchanan
07-03-2013, 09:53 PM
My overall point is to convey the fact that with pretty much all of these companies Customer Service is King!

If you have a problem with a customer service person then call back and complain. Otherwise he will just keep doing badly.

I submit that anytime you have a bad experience one of two things is happening. Either the guy you are dealing with doesn't know how to fix your problem, or you are being an *******.

If you look at it from a realistic viewpoint: No one in business wants to make an enemy, however sometimes they hire people that don't care as much as the owners do. This along with some attitude can result in poor customer service. I have had some pretty bad experiences lately with Time Warner Cable and some of their employees with just a little too much "tude" for their positions. However the next time I call I relate all the previous disgust to the new person who is more than willing to fix everything and make me a happy camper.

This is the type of people you want in your CS division, handling calls. And the way that you weed out the bad ones is by constant and strict supervision.

I have said something on several of my threads relating to business that goes like this. The key to success in business is a combination of "Attention to Detail" and "Personal Responsibility."

Both of these factors come into play with all aspects of the business but more pointedly into the realm of Customer Service. Since an individual who is tasked with fixing customer's problems over the phone must not only be very competent at his job, and in the case of a Dillon employee very familiar with every machine they make, but he must also take personal responsibility for insuring that every phone call gets as close to a complete fix and customer satisfaction as humanly possible. He must also be able to handle different types of customers because not everyone is a pleasant person to deal with.

The degree which this happens will determine how successful this portion of your business is going to be. If poorly done it will result in declining sales.

It doesn't matter how good your product is, if you don't support it well, less people will buy it.

Word of mouth is a pretty serious method of making or breaking a business, and is a double edged sword.

Randy

seagiant
07-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Hi Randy,
I still haven't got over Dillon CS shipping me an empty box to send my broken Vib. case cleaner back!

fixit156
07-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Well I wish I can get that this great service every one is talking about. Called three times over last two years on my two sd. Seem they are more interested in selling you the overhaul package for it than sending parts to fix it. I do like the presses but don't really care for the bs you have to go though to get the so call no bs life time warranty I think will soon be gone.

r1kk1
07-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Well I wish I can get that this great service every one is talking about. Called three times over last two years on my two sd. Seem they are more interested in selling you the overhaul package for it than sending parts to fix it. I do like the presses but don't really care for the bs you have to go though to get the so call no bs life time warranty I think will soon be gone.

I dropped of my SD while in Scottsdale. This is a pre B model. This was back in January or February. I do remember it took three weeks for the refurbish. I do believe the reprinted the frame as it did NOT look like the same press. They updated the older parts.

Seriously, they will send you a box and you can mail the press in.

Now to get an old CH 333 rebuilt I may have to mail it to CH4D.

Take care

r1kk1