PDA

View Full Version : Friend from another Board

Victor N TN
07-02-2013, 03:16 PM
I lost my best friend to kidney cancer almost 4 years ago. Now another friend has been diagnosed. He goes back to the oncologist to find out what they have in plan for him later this week. I've been praying for him and his family. I have asked our church to pray for him and his family. Now I'm asking the members here to do the same. His name is Dennis in Virginia. He's a Vietnam vet and still able to be some what active.

Just remember him in your prayers.

Victor

missionary5155
07-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Good morning Victor
I will pray for your friend that his awareness of God becomes real and life guiding. May your friend see God's hand in this physical need and know God's peace.
It sure gets tough. Thanks to God He never leaves us alone.
Mike in Peru

Curlymaple42
07-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Mike nailed it...

nagantguy
07-03-2013, 06:41 AM
A word has been sent upstairs for your friend.

Wayne Smith
07-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Praying that this process would show him God's healing grace in unmistakable ways. Praying for his MD's as well.

Victor N TN
07-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Guys,

I'm sure Dennis will get big blessings from the prayers. I'm going to email him a link to this page later tonight. I had a skin cancer surgically removed just over a year ago. They got it all. But I remember waiting on the pathology report, I was sweating bullets. I'm sure these prayers and comments will help his mental outlook at least.

Thanks again.

WILCO
07-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Just remember him in your prayers.

Victor

Done.

Victor N TN
07-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Dennis let me know last night that he will go in the hospital Monday afternoon and they will remove his left kidney Tuesday morning. They're going to try and save his right as long as is possible. He starts chemo and radiation a couple of weeks after he gets out of the hospital.

I appreciate all the prayers sent his way. He told me that he didn't have many friends that would do that for him. I appreciate him.

Thanks again for the prayers for him.

Victor N TN
07-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Today is Wednesday 10-JUL-2013

Hey guys,

I just got word about Dennis. He's at least conscious and able to speak. Along with his left kidney, they removed a 14.5 pound tumor. They're pretty sure they got it all. But they can't be 100% sure until the get the pathology report back.

Both his family and I want to extend our thanks for all the prayers. I don't have an abundance of friends any way. And the ones I do have have been leaving for their Heavenly home much, MUCH too soon.

Thanks again.
Victor

smoked turkey
07-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Victor thanks for the update on Dennis. From the sounds of the size of the tumor, he should start improving. I will pray that the pathology report comes back good and that Dennis is on the uphill step to total recovery.

Victor N TN
07-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the prayers. I know that he appreciates all the time and effort it takes for the prayers. If I don't hear from his wife today I'll call her tomorrow.

Double B
07-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Praying for recovery and strength, both physical as well as spiritual, for your friend Dennis. He is now our friend too. You are not alone. We are with you and more importantly, the holy spirit is with you. God bless you and thank you for your service to our country.