PDA

View Full Version : Redfield SMLE 4 receiver sight adapter

Char-Gar
08-15-2005, 04:38 PM
I rounded up one of those Redfield adapter plates to mount a receiver sight on the SMLE 4. I should have a sight that fits on it. Anybody have any experience with this rig?

Char-Gar
08-24-2005, 03:40 PM
The adapter plate came and the instructions said, it took either a Redfield 80 OM (fiits Marlin 336) or a 102 BX (fits Remington 14/141). I have neither of those sights, but I do have a Redfield 102 OM (fits Marlin 336). Well if the 80 OM fits why, won't the 102 OM? The answer is, it does and works well. So now I have a nice adjustable receiver sight on my Longbranch 4 so it is now to the loading bench and then to the range.

These adapter plates show up on Ebay from time to time and they work fine and if you can scrounge up the sight that fits, makes for a neat sight that requires no drilling and taping.

Four Fingers of Death
08-24-2005, 11:06 PM
I rounded up one of those Redfield adapter plates to mount a receiver sight on the SMLE 4. I should have a sight that fits on it. Anybody have any experience with this rig?

I don't know what type of sight you have, but if it's a battle sight, it might be easier to fit an issue Singer sight. These are pretty good sights and can be improved easily (drilling out the detent hole and fitting a spring and grub screw to give adjustable tension on the detent and also making the slide a tighter fit). They are currently available through surplus and probably won't be around for much longer.

This would get you shooting and if you found a Redfield later on yu would easily get your money back on the singer sight.

Just a thought.
Mick.

Char-Gar
08-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Mick..That for the tip, but I have the rig installed and ready to go with a good receiver sight. Should work just fine...

Four Fingers of Death
08-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Good luck with it.