PDA

View Full Version : Portable reloading bench

crabo
10-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Here are a couple of pictures of my reloading bench. I used to just have one press mounted on it, but I now have 2 along with my star sizer. I need to rig up something that will catch my bullets as they come through the sizer.

I use 2 Dillion square deals, with one set up for small primers and the other for large primers. I also have 2 powder measures with one for small charges and one for large charges.

This bench pushes up against the window and I just pull it out when I need it. I have a detached garage, but I would rather load in the house.

I kept the top plate smaller than the footprint of the feet and I have all the stability I need. This might be a good solution for those who live in an apartment or want something that doesn't take up a lot of space.

Crabo

Dale53
10-01-2007, 12:49 AM
crabo;
That looks like a rather clever set up for those that have space problems or those that have to live for a time in temporary quarters.

Dale53

Single Shot
10-01-2007, 04:50 AM
Nice neat set up.

Makes me wonder why I built my bench the size I did. It alway seems the more space you have to put stuff. the more stuff you collect.

montana_charlie
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
If you unclamp that top and set it aside, you can clamp a longer one in that Workmate and have a portable shooting bench. Double duty from a very stable base unit.
CM

454PB
10-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Very clever. I have a B&D Workmate, and can't imagine how I ever got along without it!

floodgate
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I have a pair of Workmates I got thru Sears back in the '70s and have used HARD - but it never occurred to me to use them for reloading! The pair is handy for setting up a long plank for my chop saw or other cutting or layout work up to 20'. They have taken incredible abuse and are only now getting a bit wobbly and starting to de-laminate the tops in places. I ordinarily avoid Black & Decker stuff like the plague, but these have been great accessories.

floodgate

Adam10mm
10-01-2007, 02:57 PM
I had a portable reloading setup for a while. Check mine out. This is what I started loading on about a year ago. Now I have 5 presses with a 550 in the works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/freakshow10mm/ReloadingPics002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/freakshow10mm/ReloadingPics001.jpg