PDA

View Full Version : Recoil Spring Checker

max range
07-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Somewhere, recently, I saw a recoil spring checker. I believe it was on a website of a small factory that may have made molds or other items of interest to cast boolit shooters. If you know of this tool, please inform me.

Sidebar: I know a spring checker can be made with 75 cents worth of hardware from the home center but I would like the one I saw but didnt order. Thanks and keep casting.

cowboy
07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Howdy- I know that Dillon's carries what you describe in their catalog. Don't know if it's the same make as the one you saw elsewhere, but the scale in the kit they carry , well, is not the best. So how good does it need to be for the job? I'm not sure, but I feel the guys putting this together could have found a better scale. ( NOT a Dillon product.)
Just my 0.02

markinalpine
07-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Here's one article about building a do it yourself tester:
Building a recoil spring tester (http://www.realguns.com/Commentary/comar16.htm)
Mark :coffeecom

Side by Side
07-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I purchased the Dillon Recoil Spring tester, It is the newest version, It will check 1911 Springs and also the smaller springs like Glock and Sig. I use mine at least once a week and I very happy with it. I checked some spare new 1911 springs and the it shows the exact weight the spring package shows. I did notice, the recoil springs hold their weight long then what manufactures say to replace them. I very happy with this tool.