PDA

View Full Version : 44 "250" mold results

TCLouis
09-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Not even sure which GB this cwas pat of, but I cast them up last fall.

Plain base one lube groove and three crimping grooves RNFP, have not even weighed one.

Anyway, I tried it a while back in the Super Blackhawk and I could NOT keep it on the target at 25 yards. NOTHING shoots out of that d__ned gun. I hate an inaccurate gun and that cursed Super Blackhawk is just that. Did I mention have not found any load it would shoot? Did I mention that the . . . . gun has NEVER shot a group and I now have about 1500 rounds down range.

Today I decided to try some of the WC820 FAST (think fine ball HS-7) that I got from Bartlett a few years ago.

RP brass

WLP primer (Dang with this I am now down to less that 5000).

15.0 WC820 FAST (HS-7 data)

Boolit sized throught 0.431 Lyman, lubed with FWFWL and seated til it would just chamber in my SRH Long winded way to say I did not measure it for oal, but made me up a dummy for setting die.

5 shots into less than an inch at 25 (outside to outside) and that pesky one out there an inch from the group that shows up when I have a good load (in both the Super and regular Redhawk). Least I figured out which chamber throws the boolit out of a group so I will start with it under the hammer from now on.

It penetrated about 12" in my berm that is at best damp hard clay so it is likely to punch a hole in at least one side of one of our whitetails armor plating and all.

Thought I was on a roll, so I came back to the house and got the Redhawk (they usually both digest the same loads well) and found that it would print a group that I could barely cover with my hand (fingers spread out to do that). Oh well I should be so Lucky.

Real 429421 did NOT like the load in either gun, but then I seldom get lucky enough to hit accurate load the first thing (45-70 Contender is the exception to that one). Guess I will sneak up on a load with (new) 2400 with this boolit and see what that brings out.

Was this one of Ranch Dogs designs?

45 2.1
10-01-2007, 06:35 AM
Not even sure which GB this came in I cast them up last fall.

Plain base one lube groove and three crimping grooves RNFP

Anyway, I tried it a whiele back in the Super Blackhawk and I could keep it on the target at 25 yards. NOTHING shoots out of that d__ned gun.

Today I decided to try some of the WC820 FAST (think fine ball HS-7) that I got from Bartlett a few years ago.

RP brass

WLP primer Dang with his I am now down to less that 5000.

15.0 WC820 FAST

Boolit lubed with FWFWL and seated til it would just chamber in my SRH Long winded way to say I did not measure it for oal, but made me up a dummy for setting die.

5 shots into less than an inch at 25 (outside to outside) and that pesky one out there an inch from the group that shows up when I have a good load. Least I figured out which chamber it is so will start with it under the hammer.

It penetrated about 12" in my berm that is at best damp Hard clay so it is likely to punch a hole in at least one side of one of our whitetails Armor plating and all).

Thought I was on a roll, so I came back and got the Redhawk (they usually both digest the same loads well) and found that it would print a group that I could barely cover with my hand (fingers spread out to do it).

]Real 429421 did NOT like the load in either gun, but then I seldom get lucky enough to hit accurate load the first thing (45-70 Contender is the exception to that one).

Was this one of Ranch Dogs designs?

No, it is one of mine. Ask Bass Ackwards and Felix how much they like that boolit.

felix
10-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Good boolit, if fact very good. If I were in the design business, I would trademark the multiple crimp grooves on all my pistol style boolits. It tends to keep the CP, center of pressure, back towards the CG, center of gravity. Besides that, it allows lube to be place forward on the boolit should that become necessary for any number of reasons, and to make the accuracy hold up for an all out war against charging beer cans in 100 degree heat. ... felix