PDA

View Full Version : Early Pacific Dies

Danth
06-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Hello All: I picked up a pair of 30-06 sizing dies the other day along with some swaging stuff I had purchased. The dies appear to be early. One is a FL sizer, the other is a neck sizer. These dies will size only; there is no provision for a decapping pin or bullet seater. Did Pacific use a die for sizing only, decapping and seating both separate dies as well? Best, Dan

Scharfschuetze
06-30-2013, 08:46 PM
My first Pacific dies were purchased in 1972 and they are still providing good service. For rifles, they are two die sets with a complete decapping pin in the FL sizing die. The seating dies have an adjustable crimp that operates separately from from the die body.

I sugest a Lyman decapping die for your decapping chores. I use one for all calibres on a cheap press to keep all the hard carbon debris out of my good Rockchucker press.

gwpercle
07-02-2013, 08:20 PM
I realy like the old Pacific Dura-chrome dies, have several and a Pacific Super Press. I keep an eye out for them on ebay, RCBS and Redding sell for a premium...some pay more than list price. But Pacific, Bonanaza,Bair , C-H and a few of the older less known brands sell much cheaper. I wanted a set of 41 magnum dies , found a set of Bonanaza for 25% the cost of used RCBS and Redding dies...a very good buy.
Keep a lookout for a sizer on ebay, being a Pacific and just a sizer ( not a complete set) it shouldn't cost that much, then you will be ready to go .
Gary