PDA

View Full Version : Lar's lubes and pan lubing

RU shooter
09-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I got my samples of C red ,2500 and BAC and hand lubed up a bunch of bullets with each for some accuracy comparison tests today , As I only Pan lube right now with my simple BW and vasoline mix Can others with experience pan lubing with these chime in with there experiences good or bad . How does these lubes drop out of pan in cake form or dont they???? seems like C-red will stick to pan no matter how cool I get it. Thanks,

Tim

Buckshot
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
...............Guess no one has any experience with that. Here's your chance to be a pioneer. That intrepid stout hearted individual who threw the security of the community to the wind and struck out into unknown areas, without a clue. One who stands a chance of having the War Dept down on his neck.

You'll have to clue us in :-)

.............Buckshot

RU shooter
10-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Well I guess you are correct! My testing with my most favored loads in my 03A3 yeilded a tie between C Red and 2500 and my simple lube in accuracy as I saw no real noticeable difference in 4, 10 rd groups at 100 yds of each lube type with same powder load But my home lube load showed some minor leading after shooting 40 rds.,none with C red or 2500 which was no suprise. I think I am going to just order some of both and try and see what happens in worst case i will mix it with what I have now that pan lubes perfectly for me to get result that I want.