PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bake Pie

Reverend Al
06-28-2013, 02:51 AM
My wife found this recipe online for a "Taco Bake Pie" and so she asked me to make it for her for dinner last night. It really was quite good and I'm sure that I'll be making it fairly often now. Quick and easy and very tasty!

TACO BAKE PIE

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
* water as called for on back of seasoning packet
3 large flour tortillas (8-inch size)
1/2 cup Salsa
1 1/2-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend

Directions:

Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease. Add in taco seasoning and water (following directions on back of seasoning packet). Once the taco meat is ready, turn off heat and add in 1/2 cup salsa. Give it a good stir until thoroughly combined.
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8-inch round baking pan or pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Layer the bottom of the pan with a flour tortilla.
Now add about 1/3 of the ground beef taco filling on the first layer. Then add 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
Continue until you are done with all the layers: another tortilla, more taco mixture, more cheese.
Bake at 350F degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges are slightly golden brown. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then slice and serve.

dale2242
06-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Dang that looks good.
Even at 5AM in the morning....dale

cephas53
07-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Wife approves, wants it again! This section of the forum is killin me, everyone wants to know what's next.

Silver Eagle
07-01-2013, 11:37 PM
This looks similar to the "Mexican lasagna" we occasionally make.

Mexican Lasagna
1 Lb ground meat
1 package taco seasoning mix (or homemade taco seasoning)
1 large onion diced
1 cup rice (white or brown) cooked
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced green chilies
1 large can enchilada sauce
2 to 3 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Monterey jack or, Chihuahua)
1 package tortillas (we use flour, corn would work as well)

Optional:
Sliced black olives
Sliced or chopped hot peppers

1) Brown ground meat with diced onion and garlic.
2) Add taco seasoning, chilies and diced tomatoes (including juice).
3) Add precooked rice. Add optional ingredients. Stir all together and simmer a few minutes. Turn off heat.
4) Preheat oven to 350.
5) In 9 X 13 or larger casserole dish (lasagna pan also works) pour in enough enchilada sauce to barely cover bottom.
6) Arrange tortillas to cover bottom of pan in a single layer (cut with scissors if needed to fit)
7) Spoon in a layer of meat and rice mixture.
8) Add a layer of shredded cheese.
9) Repeat layers of tortillas, enchilada sauce, meat and rice mixture and cheese until dish is filled. Top of dish should be meat, enchilada sauce followed by more cheese. Usually make 3 to 4 layers.
10) Bake in oven until cheeses is browned and sauce is bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes.

Cut into squares (like lasagna) to serve. Serve with salsa or enchilada sauce.

You can add in other vegetables and seasonings to taste.

Reverend Al
07-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Copied and saved that one too ... many thanks!
Rev Al

gandydancer
07-02-2013, 12:38 AM
that looks real good. I'm in with the cold beer. GD

buckwheatpaul
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
This has become a favorite with us....I bake our Taco Pie in a castiron skillet....it sure makes the tortillas crispy! Thanks for the recipe!

Love Life
07-29-2013, 02:12 PM
I made this and it was a big hit. You can customize this very easily. I made one using fajita beef slices. Mmmmmm.

pmeisel
07-30-2013, 01:34 PM
My wife hates leftovers. And I'm too lazy to fix tortillas. So, the day after she makes tacos --

Taco meat, shredded cheese, and salsa mixed together in a bowl. Microwave until hot. Switch to another bowl so you don't burn your hands, sour cream on top. Easy.

gbrown
07-30-2013, 02:27 PM
One of our favorites, much like the Mexican Lasagna described above. I don't use taco sauce or taco seasoning, just mix up my own spices. If 5 or 6 of my family are around, some get seconds, any more visitors, no seconds.

Firecracker Enchilada Casserole

List of Ingredients

1 1/2 lb Beef, ground, lean, (approximately 21% fat)
1 cup Onions
1 cup Dice stewed w/Green Chiles (like a can of Rotels)
1/2 cup Water
10 Flour Tortillas
3 tbs chili powder
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 can Ranch Style Beans
1 can cream of mushroom Soup
8 oz Cheese

Cook the ground meat and then add one medium onion (chopped) and continue to cook until onions are tender. Add tomatoes plus 1/2 can water. Add spices--I use ground cumin. Cook mixture some more and stir until spices are well incorporated. Add 1 can of Ranch Style beans (15 oz) and 1 can of Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken soup. Mix well. Place a small amount on bottom of 13X9X2 casserole dish. Layer tortillas on this and cover with 1/2 of the remainder of the meat mixture. Add another layer of tortillas and then the last of the meat mixture. Top with mild shredded cheese. Place in refrigerator over night and bake for 1 hour at 350. The recipe I originally used said uncovered, but I covered it and it was delicious.