Cardholder Services (507) 443-9087

Rick N Bama
06-27-2013, 07:05 PM
"Security" 215-490-9822

Card Services 616-613-2092 & 616-531-6071

Health Assistant 915-442-0190

btroj
06-27-2013, 07:14 PM
I prefer to put all charities, political groups, politicians, and pretty much all businesses on kid.

How about a ban of robo calls too. If you are going to bug me on Sunday night at 8 PM at least have the decency to make your people work those hours too. I want someone on the other end of the line to tell to leave me alone.

RayinNH
06-27-2013, 07:20 PM
If I had my way at home I would rid myself of the problem at the source and pull the phone off of the wall and yank the wires out of the wall.

kbstenberg
06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Ray you have to think. You wouldn't be on here.

runfiverun
06-27-2013, 07:40 PM
if it weren't for people trying to sell me stuff my phone would never ring.
I enjoy our nice 15-20 minute talks though.
I talked to a nice lady from boston a couple of day's ago [Tuesday], I still don't know what she was selling.

Bonz
06-27-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm sick of the calls, its worse now than ever. I just bought the Digitone call blocker and it arrives tomorrow. I can not wait to hook that sucker up...

LUCKYDAWG13
06-27-2013, 08:05 PM
well i don't like the call that i got from Primois not one turkey came in

Hickory
06-27-2013, 08:20 PM
When I receive a call from someone trying to sell me something I tell them that, "Sense I have turned 60 years old, I will not take any solicitations of any kind over the phone."
Then I hang up on them.

DCP
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Unwanted call list

Med Alert 402-909-5693 Selling security systems

"Security" 215-490-9822

RayinNH
06-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Ray you have to think. You wouldn't be on here.

Why is that? I'm not on dial-up, service is from my cable provider. I didn't say I'd pull the lines off of the poles. I have a fax machine for business. I love that thing because I don't have to talk to customers :-)...Ray

phonejack
06-27-2013, 08:41 PM
I keep them talking as long as I can, then I tell them I am retired I and don't get many phone calls , could they call back tomorrow so we can talk some more ? Usually takes twice to work

btroj
06-27-2013, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=runfiverun;2279961]if it weren't for people trying to sell me stuff my phone would never ring.
I enjoy our nice 15-20 minute talks though.
I talked to a nice lady from boston a couple of day's ago [Tuesday], I still don't know what she was selling.[/

Let me know what you are buying and I will ensure they call you...

legend 550
06-27-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't have a land line phone. I have a VOIP phone with ITP as my carrier. Telemarketers only call once, I can blacklist a number, exchange or area code and they never,ever call me again unless I take them off the blacklist.

Hamish
06-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Okay, who's the 3rd Amigo?

Nevermind, I just went and looked at gears profile.

Awesome.

btroj
06-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Hey, we aim to please......

Goatwhiskers
06-27-2013, 09:30 PM
House phone we never answer, just let the machine pick up. Normally the telemarketers don't leave any thing, the computer generated calls never do. The computer calls have started hitting cell phones, when mine rings if I don't know the area code I don't answer. If it turns out to be legit they'll leave voice mail, otherwise I just block the number. Aggravating to say the least. GW

Gliden07
06-27-2013, 10:45 PM
And the winner for Customer Service Excellence of the year is...... :kidding:

QUOTE=RayinNH;2280019]Why is that? I'm not on dial-up, service is from my cable provider. I didn't say I'd pull the lines off of the poles. I have a fax machine for business. I love that thing because I don't have to talk to customers :-)...Ray[/QUOTE]

Bad Water Bill
06-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Have not had one of those things hanging on my home for years. A cell phone has saved me countless dollars and brought me help when i needed it while on the road.

Now a little off topic.

With the latest round of storms,I have lost electrical power several times and call the company to file complaints.

"If you are calling about a power outage go to WWW???? for faster service". [smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

If I could do that I would not be calling you would I?

6bg6ga
06-28-2013, 06:10 AM
Its a waste of time to try to start a do not call list. I am registered on the do not call list and it does absolutely no good. I still get companies calling but this time they are all recordings instead of live people. In order to attempt to get them not to call I have to stay on the line and try to get a live person on the line only to tell them that I am on a do not call list and the result is another call several weeks down the line with the same BS. The same companies continue to do the same annoying thing with no conscience for their actions.

Bad Water Bill
06-28-2013, 06:28 AM
IIRC If you are on the list and still get calls save the callers phone #.

Somewhere there is a # to report those evil folks and your government is SUPPOSED to slap their hand hard enough that they will not forget for a long time.

6bg6ga
06-28-2013, 06:50 AM

Somewhere there is a # to report those evil folks and your government is SUPPOSED to slap their hand hard enough that they will not forget for a long time.

Been there done it and it doesn't work. I have jumped thru the hoops filled out the forms only to have these SOB's continue to call me.

DCP
06-28-2013, 07:51 AM

Thanks Bill

That's the point we get a list of numbers then report them.
Unfortunately the Do not call list is broken. There is a big fine.
But its a government run program.

I will send the numbers to FCC etc.

As they call you enter your numbers here

DCP
06-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Unwanted call list

"Security" 215-490-9822

Call list

popper
06-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Thank Mr. Reid for the calls you don't want. Guess the NSA paid him off. ... That starts me thinking - Re rout our unwanted to let the NSA record the numbers?

Hamish
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Telling the unwanted caller that I will be happy to acquiesce to their request as soon as they come over with a complimentary "Bill Clinton" seems to send them on their way pretty effectively.

The last time I did that to "John" from "Microsoft" (Rajeesh from Delhi) he actually called back a couple of minutes later to trade insults.

I keep wondering if he got in trouble,,,,,,:D

mold maker
06-28-2013, 09:48 AM
My cell is one number off the county Sheriffs Com. I get calls all through the night by folks obviously distraught. I correct the number for them and go back to sleep.
I thought about changing my number, but those folks need an understanding voice to help, and it gets me awake to go potty. Might as well make the best of it.

btroj
06-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Thank Mr. Reid for the calls you don't want. Guess the NSA paid him off. ... That starts me thinking - Re rout our unwanted to let the NSA record the numbers?

The NSA knows who we want to talk to, why not have them control the do not call registry.
Heck, they can block the calls themselves......

BT they can be a good spam filter too

Junior1942
06-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Google "Cardholder Services" for an eye opener. They are out 'n' out cardholder frauds. The FBI catches them and they get a slap on the wrist and go back to fraud. They claim to lower your credit card interest rate. You have to give them your credit card info for them to help you. They will then help you get credit card charges from all over the world. It *** me highly for them to get away with this BS.

Bad Water Bill
06-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Many years ago ALL of Chit Kaga land had the same area code but you were billed by the distance you called.

On the 4th of July I got a phone call"Dr come quick my husband is having a heart attach".

I explained she had a wrong # and she should call the correct #.

Not 10 minutes later same lady same message and same answer. Again the same call while I am trying to paint and have to get the paint off before answering,so I am hot.

Look lady get your %^&$ out of #^$$^ and call the right &*^$$ #. Some times there is a place for profanity.

2 months later the phone co calls me about 3 long distance calls and I explain the nature of the calls and asked if she knew if the husband survived.

Yes he did and is very angry about his bill.

Yes it really helped that time.

Memories and how fast time flies. That was 1969.

country gent
06-28-2013, 10:51 AM
I used to tell live solicoters my time is $150.00 and hour billed to 1/2 hour. Most would ask what I said when repeated they would hang up. If they continued i ask for company name and address sent a bill for services rendered. Most would call when recieved I would explain it to them and they would go off the walls, one threatened me physically even. But I never recieved calls from them again. The one that threatened me still gets the 2% increase on outstanding balances every month. :D. And yes several just blindly paid the invoice out.

RoyEllis
06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Hey, we aim to please......

That reminds me of a sign I saw hanging over a urinal, "We aim to please.. you aim too, please".
:D

km101
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
If I can find a location for these folks, I might pay them a visit: Cardholder Services (507) 443-9087.
This is one of about 6-7 numbers that I have reported to the DO NOT CALL LIST. No response, no action.

I did get a call the other day from someone looking for the previous holder of my cell phone #, when I told her that I had had this # for more than a year, she said, "Well that says a lot about how close our family is."

DCP
06-28-2013, 03:45 PM

"Security" 215-490-9822

Cardholder Services (507) 443-9087

Hamish
06-28-2013, 06:09 PM
"Cardholder Services" uses some kind of spook nsa secret agent BS that "mirrors" through random phone exchanges throughout the nation.

This is why whenever you do a callback you get the "non working number" message.

dbosman
06-28-2013, 06:23 PM
The FTC do not call list is working. It takes a while for some to get the message though. Cardholder services was nailed last year.
Here is the big fish of the year, so far.
FTC: Mortgage Broker Ordered to Pay $7.5 Million to Settle Alleged Telemarketing Violations

http://www.loansafe.org/ftc-mortgage-broker-ordered-to-pay-7-5-million

DCP
06-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Do-not-call list is almost like a feel-free-to-call-any-time list

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20120928,0,3063900.column

Complaints about so-called robocalls have soared in the last two years, and federal authorities are hot for new technology to block automated calls.

If I could track down the source of the problem, I asked Anguizola, why can't the FTC?

"It's not that easy," he replied. "Because the Rachel calls were so persuasive and effective, lots of other telemarketers started doing the same thing."

So Rachel is now everywhere, as are "Shirley" and "Ann," a couple of other names I've been hearing from readers in recent weeks.

"You can track down one source of the calls," Anguizola said, "but there are likely hundreds of others now using the same type of recording."

September 28, 2012

Like many people, Marlys Burke was thrilled when federal authorities unveiled a "do-not-call list" in 2003. She signed up immediately in hopes of keeping telemarketers at bay.\

Nearly a decade later, how are things going?
"Not good," said Burke, 78, of Gardena. "In the last year, I've been getting more and more of these calls, sometimes one after another."

She's not alone. I've been hearing from numerous people in recent months saying that telemarketers seem to have shrugged off any qualms they may have had about violating the do-not-call list, a.k.a. the National Do Not Call Registry.

And the official stats back up that perception, particularly where so-called robocalls are concerned.

According to the Federal Trade Commission, monthly complaints about robocalls more than tripled to about 212,000 in April from 65,000 in October 2010.

General complaints about telemarketers bothering people more than doubled to 182,000 from 71,000 during the same period.

"The do-not-call list is working," insisted Roberto Anguizola, the FTC's assistant director of marketing practices. "But we're definitely seeing more and more robocalls."

About a year ago, I wrote about the rise of Rachel. If you've gotten a "Rachel" call — and you probably have — you know what I'm talking about.

The typical Rachel call begins with a recording of Rachel from "card member services" informing you that you might be able to lower your credit-card interest rate by pressing 1.

Doing so will connect you with a live agent who will probably request your credit card number and Social Security number. This can lead to, at best, a lousy new card deal or, at worst, some major identity theft.

Informing the agent that you're on the do-not-call list or telling him to stop bugging you will usually result in the telemarketer quickly hanging up the phone. Until the next Rachel call.

"These calls are the No. 1 complaint getter, by a wide margin," Anguizola said. "Not only are they illegal, but in most cases they're hawking a scam."

When I first delved into the Rachel calls, I was able to link them to an Arizona company called Ambrosia Web Design. Using state records, I managed to determine that the company was operating out of a house in Mesa.

Blacksmith
06-29-2013, 06:35 PM
I hate "John from shipping...."

But the ones that really bug me are the politicians who exempted themselves from the do not call list. When they call me I tell them I am on the do not call list and they tell me how they are exempt so I explain that they could check the list if they wanted and anyone who would ignore my expressed wishes certainly won't represent my wishes in government and they just went on my Do Not Vote For List.

dbosman
06-30-2013, 03:17 PM
If you still get too many robo calls from blocked or spoofed numbers, the phone company can trap your line and get the numbers of the callers.
Spoofing doesn't get past the telco. It's a free service in this area.