PDA

View Full Version : Bad Saeco Mold

chsparkman
06-26-2013, 07:59 PM
I special-ordered a Saeco mold a few months ago and finally got around to casting with it yesterday. Turns out, at lease two of the cavities are far from round...polygonal nearly. I'm bummed because I spent three hours yesterday casting. Didn't notice the problem until I went to size them today. I put in a help request online at the Redding website. I hope they take care of me.

bobthenailer
06-27-2013, 07:18 AM
sorry to hear that ! ive had over 20 saeco bullet moulds over the past 40 years and never had one give me any problems !
Except the one i bought off EBay the mold was only cut for a bullet on one side of the mould blocks the other half was a blank ! he refunded me my funds along with my cost of shipping both ways.

No_1
06-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Turns out, at lease two of the cavities are far from round...polygonal nearly. Someone say "polygonal"? Sounds perfect for a Glock! :kidding:

Smoke4320
06-27-2013, 11:26 AM
according to some manufacturers that would be a "feature"... new curving boolit .. And you got one of the first ones !!

leadman
06-27-2013, 03:33 PM
I just sent back a Saeco 41 cal RFN for out of round, undersized, and blocks not lining up on one end.
New person running the lathe?
I have never had a problem with any of my other Saeco molds so I hope these are just some brain farts or something.

cutter_spc
06-27-2013, 05:03 PM
I wish you luck. I had this same problem with one of their molds a year or two back. They sent me three replacements, all three had the same polygonal look to them. They acted like they there was nothing wrong each time I sent it back. They lost my business for life over that.

MT Chambers
06-27-2013, 05:42 PM
My experience with Saeco molds is very different, I have many 2,3, and 4 cavity molds of theirs and everyone of them is top notch, my favorite molds to cast with, more so even then any of the custom molds I have. Maybe they've got someone new that can't see straight.

Gliden07
06-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Hehehehehehe!!!

someone say "polygonal"? Sounds perfect for a glock! :kidding:

chsparkman
07-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Update...I just got a replacement mould back from Saeco. So far it looks correct. I'm concerned that they only sent two example cast boolits, when it's a 4-cavity mould. I'll cast some this week and hopefully this is the end of my troubles with this.