PDA

View Full Version : Don't Do Business With Wholesale Hunter, Montgomery AL! BEWARE

smokem
06-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey All;
Stay away from Wholesale Hunter, Montgomery AL! I bought a new gun from them, took it to the range, fired 3 shots and it jammed up and will not work! They say they do not refund or replace a used item! They have no warantee ; they tell you to deal with the mauf acturer. They claim no respponsibility for the gun!
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trey45
06-26-2013, 01:12 PM
I don't know of a single gun shop anywhere on the planet that will take a gun back.

flint_knapper
06-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Reloads?

Firebricker
06-26-2013, 01:26 PM
smokem, Your best bet is call the manufacturer there is a lot of liability involved. If it's a reputable company they will fix you right up. Most places don't clean up used guns they take on trade so first off get a can of gun scrubber and spray out the action good clean up your barrel good and try to run a few quality factory rounds or proven reloads and see were your at. Keep us posted. FB

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-26-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't know of a single gun shop anywhere on the planet that will take a gun back.

Kinda true, kinda not true.
I think most GOOD LGS's will work with a unsatisfied buyer.

My LGS http://www.littlecrowsports.com/
is very good about handling this kind of issue with a gun.

I bought a used Baby Eagle from them. I shot it a few times, til I realized it had a defective safety, they shipped it back to Mag. Research for warentee repair on their Dime.

Lance Boyle
06-26-2013, 01:33 PM
yep, in my 25 years of gun buying, most will only ship it back to the factory for you and be your voicepiece.

The only gun I "returned" was a fed ord M14 with a bum oprod. Technically they did not accept a return, they shipped it back to the maker who overhauled and I got a return credit, less $50 or $100 or so. I bought something else.

44Vaquero
06-26-2013, 01:34 PM
The OP is low on information. What type of gun is it? What were you shooting in it, hand loads or reloads? "It's jammed up" tells us nothing.

Trey45
06-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Kinda true, kinda not true.
I think most GOOD LGS's will work with a unsatisfied buyer.

My LGS http://www.littlecrowsports.com/
is very good about handling this kind of issue with a gun.

I bought a used Baby Eagle from them. I shot it a few times, til I realized it had a defective safety, they shipped it back to Mag. Research for warentee repair on their Dime.

I bought a brand new Beretta Storm 40S&W PX4 G series. I ordered it from the gunshop because they didn't have G series in stock. The decocking lever broke during the first magazine. The gunshop would not accept a return, I didn't even ask, but they did offer to send it back for warranty repair. Some gunshops are willing to help customers, some aren't. I think some of it may have to do with the attitude of the customer.

Tom_et
06-26-2013, 02:02 PM
I dont post much at all but this just caught me so!!!! IMHO

I think all on this board should get a more info on the whole ordeal if your wanting anyone to "SIDE"

I understand you (smokem)came out mad and,YES they can be absolutely wrong,
but it's a bit ruff to lay out a company with out all the facts!
Also have you been shut out,as in they are rude?won't answer phone calls,emails,
Did they try to help in anyway?
As was stated by a few it's not always the shop but the manufacturer that needs contact
Also if reloads are used, that always seems to bring out the BIG worm can

Not wanting a rant from folks
I just feel the above is short a good amount of info
Again
JMHO
Tommyt

Hey All;
Stay away from Wholesale Hunter, Montgomery AL! I bought a new gun from them, took it to the range, fired 3 shots and it jammed up and will not work! They say they do not refund or replace a used item! They have no warantee ; they tell you to deal with the mauf acturer. They claim no respponsibility for the gun!

searcher4851
06-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Seems a bit more information would be helpful, unless you just wanted to vent your frustration with the used gun you bought. I personally don't know of any dealer that warranty's used guns. Most I know sell used guns "as is". Some will aid in sending it off to the manufacturer if it's something they can't easily fix in house. Was there a stated warranty with the purchase that they are refusing to honor?

SlowSmokeN
06-26-2013, 02:32 PM
And I am sure you disassembled the gun thoroughly cleaning and inspecting before firing a used gun. I am sure it had nothing to do with your cast reloads as you slugged the barrel for proper fit. Yep it is all the gun shops fault.

How about a little more info on what you were shooting in the gun. If you were shooting reloads I can see why the shop said you are on your own.

Bagdadjoe
06-26-2013, 02:42 PM
The OP said it was a new gun and he shot it 3 times which then makes it a used gun. Most shops I've been in have notices that there are no returns on guns or ammo. Guns will be returned to the mfg for warranty repairs. Like others have posted, little information...not enough to really know what the circumstances are.

Firebricker
06-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Smokem, I missed were you bought it new sorry about that. So depending on what it is a good cleaning may still help and a little break in time especially if it's a semi-auto. Any time you spend hard earned cash on an item and it malfunctions it's frustrating but take a little cool down time talk with customer service at manufacturer. Most likely it will get taken care of gun manufacturers as a rule have very good service. They can't afford the liability of having a product the know is malfunctioning. Hang in there it will get worked out. FB

w5pv
06-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info

DCP
06-26-2013, 03:09 PM
The OP said it was a new gun and he shot it 3 times which then makes it a used gun. Most shops I've been in have notices that there are no returns on guns or ammo. Guns will be returned to the mfg for warranty repairs. Like others have posted, little information...not enough to really know what the circumstances are.

With this definition a new gun can never break.. I don't think that's the op point

But your wrong also (to some) Once it leaves the Shop it used. But that's not the point.

SlowSmokeN
06-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I also skimmed over the bought new part, but still no info on what was being shot out of it. I had a new simi-auto shotgun. My grandfather in-law handed me a couple of shells and said shoot these. I thought nothing of it until I fired it. It was one of his magnum goose reloads. My gun is now a single shot. My father in-law later told me to never shot any of his reloads that he has ruined many guns.

It was the gun shop or the manufacturer fault that my gun broke. It was my fault for what I shot out of it.

searcher4851
06-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Perhaps I misunderstood the OP. I took it to mean it was new to HIM, but was purchased used since he mentioned used later in the post. Again, more and clearer information is needed.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I also skimmed over the bought new part, but still no info on what was being shot out of it. I had a new simi-auto shotgun. My grandfather in-law handed me a couple of shells and said shoot these. I thought nothing of it until I fired it. It was one of his magnum goose reloads. My gun is now a single shot. My father in-law later told me to never shot any of his reloads that he has ruined many guns.

It was the gun shop or the manufacturer fault that my gun broke. It was my fault for what I shot out of it.
while I'm not too concerned about 'wholesale hunter' from the lack of info the OP provided...

I am concerned about your grandfather in-law's reloads, maybe it'd be a service to post his name and not to accept his reloads :)

and, while I say this jokingly,
your statement, "My father in-law later told me to never shot any of his reloads that he has ruined many guns."
:holysheep:holysheep:holysheep:holysheep:holysheep

SlowSmokeN
06-26-2013, 04:23 PM
He has called it quits theses days (thank goodness) but the stories continue. My main point was it may have nothing to do with the gun and all to do with the ammo.

Love Life
06-26-2013, 05:07 PM
How did it jam? Can you not pull the bolt back to eject the spent casing? Is it locked open or shut? Did you read the instruction manual? Do you know how to operate the weapon system? Reloads or factory ammo?

We need more info.

Bad Water Bill
06-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Lets see the OP bought a GUN.

Was it muzzle loader,pistol revolver single shot rifle or shotgun?

The list could go on for a long time and not a sole here can actually provide a correct answer as we just lack to much info.

If you want help from the folks here please shed a lot more information.

DCM
06-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Lets see the OP bought a GUN.

Was it muzzle loader,pistol revolver single shot rifle or shotgun?

The list could go on for a long time and not a sole here can actually provide a correct answer as we just lack to much info.

If you want help from the folks here please shed a lot more information.

Big +1! Make, model pics of how it is jamming?? Factory ammo or reloads??

Catshooter
06-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a.

In my experience, this sort of hit and run with very few and vague details means that the rest of the story will not be forthcoming. This is usually due to the fact that the OP knows that what happened was also his fault, or maybe mostly or even all his fault and actually providing details would expose it.

Though I could be wrong.

Cat

nightal
06-26-2013, 08:56 PM
OP can you post pictures of the jam, give more detailed description, except Jammed Up?

Bad Water Bill
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Pictures would be GREAT but some of us have no idea how to do that and MUST provide printed words.

GUN? 16" 5x40 and that are only 2 possibilities that come to mind.

Me thinks he went into hiding.

Thousands of years worth of experience waiting to be shared.

gandydancer
06-26-2013, 09:19 PM
I do! New Era shooting supply. Wytheville VA. 22 yrs in business. and if your not happy their not happy. they will take back any thing you purchased for repair new or used or replacement or FULL refund."RD the owner" once shipped out a rifle to a gunsmith. years ago"in the brown truck" for a friend (fully insured) Smith said he never got it. driver said he left it in doorway. no signature. brown truck & RD went round & round for months on it. in the meantime RD gave his friend the value of the rifle in cash back to him out of his pocket $700.00 and to this date 4 years later brown truck has not paid off on the lost rifle. RD does not use brown truck anymore. GD
PS new era hours are 3 to 6 PM mon thu sat

Trey45
06-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Now I know of a single gunshop that takes returns!
Thanks Gandydancer!

Teddy (punchie)
06-26-2013, 10:10 PM
I have bought most of my used guns with a receipt and a 24 hour return. Or I walk away. We have had to return a 300 Winchester custom made this spring, magazine box and rails were wrong, she would not feed the ammo.

Normally if I'm not happy , there not going to be happy. If new gun they better work with me and help me contact the manufacturer to work out the problem. I don't normally by new, I hate getting a new pretty gun out in the woods hunting, so I don't buy them, buy them to use.

Jammersix
06-27-2013, 05:08 AM
It was a drive by from a brand new shooter. My money is on operator error and newbie rage.

Hamish
06-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a. In my experience, this sort of hit and run with very few and vague details means that the rest of the story will not be forthcoming. This is usually due to the fact that the OP knows that what happened was also his fault, or maybe mostly or even all his fault and actually providing details would expose it. Though I could be wrong. Cat

Wut him and Jammer said. Wonder how many other forums got a drive-by defamation?

AggieEE
06-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Dury's here in San Antonio will warranty used guns. You pay more for them but they do stand behind them. I've never had to put them to the test.

SlowSmokeN
06-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Went to my lgs yesterday and asked their policy. They said factory ammo they will fix it or replace it. Reloads you are on your own but they would ship it back to the manufacture for you and help with the process.

One more reason why I like them

waksupi
06-27-2013, 02:59 PM
I'll also place a bet on operator error.

JeffinNZ
06-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Have we heard if the ammo was factory? I can't see it stated.

DCP
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
OP has most likely read the threads this AM

searcher4851
06-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Lookin like the OP was just here to vent and wasn't actually lookin for any help with his problem. Seems like if I were gonna start a thread, I'd be wantin to check back in on it, but that may just be me.
He may have thought he was helping us, but without a lot more information, I can assign very little credibility to his possibly libelous rant.
JMHO

SlowSmokeN
06-28-2013, 03:34 PM
The OP was on line yesterday but failed to respond. Seems like a troll to me.

DCP
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
The OP was on line yesterday but failed to respond. Seems like a troll to me.

It helps to read the other threads

WILCO
06-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Hey All;

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/main/Policies.asp:

Note:

Returns and Exchanges NOT Allowed On AMMUNITION. ALL SALES FINAL ON AMMUNITION.
Returns and Exchanges NOT Allowed On Firearms. ALL SALES FINAL ON FIREARMS.
ALL FIREARMS MUST BE INSPECTED AT THE TIME YOU PICK THEM UP FROM YOUR FFL.
ANY DEFECTS OR DAMAGE MUST BE REPORTED TO USE IMMEDIATELY WHILE YOU ARE STILL AT YOUR FFL'S.

DCP
06-29-2013, 08:51 AM
http://www.wholesalehunter.com/main/Policies.asp:

Note:

Returns and Exchanges NOT Allowed On AMMUNITION. ALL SALES FINAL ON AMMUNITION.
Returns and Exchanges NOT Allowed On Firearms. ALL SALES FINAL ON FIREARMS.
ALL FIREARMS MUST BE INSPECTED AT THE TIME YOU PICK THEM UP FROM YOUR FFL.
ANY DEFECTS OR DAMAGE MUST BE REPORTED TO USE IMMEDIATELY WHILE YOU ARE STILL AT YOUR FFL'S.

These rules are pretty standard
Some Gun shops give more time to inspect.

The ones that give less time have most likely been burned some how

Sometimes people buy a gun, take parts out of it and they put their parts back in

theperfessor
06-29-2013, 09:13 AM
All I would expect my LGS to do would be to assist me in returning a defective new gun to the manufacturer. Mostly because they would be familiar with shipping rules and such. Don't think I've ever bought a used gun that had a return warrantee, although one local shop has a firing range and gives you a credit towards range time. They encourage you to test the (used) gun right away.

Most of the local shops are sales only, no gunsmith in residence.

Bzcraig
06-29-2013, 10:13 AM
The person we really need to hear from is mysteriously silent! Everyone seems to agree the folks we do business with would be more helpful, why was his experience so different?

waksupi
06-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Right now I wouldn't believe the OP if he told me the sun was shining.

Bad Water Bill
06-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Right now I wouldn't believe the OP if he told me the sun was shining.

I definitely would know he is twisting the truth because my grass is being watered by mother nature right now.:bigsmyl2:

Blacksmith
06-29-2013, 07:48 PM
We got our grass watered yesterday 3 1/2" in a little over an hour. Now the clean up and repair of washed out areas.

SlowSmokeN
06-29-2013, 11:56 PM
It helps to read the other threads

I have read all the posts, and yet the OP has not responded even though he has been on line. What is your excuse for the OP now. Once again seems like a troll post to me. I responded after seeing he was on line in the AM and failed to post to his own thread.

Most LGS will replace, help, and assist a customer. An A$$ hat with an attitude who cast their own and reload and want to blame the shop get no help.

I am sure you have a valid reason for the OP as he has none. Once again this is why I think this a troll post

Love Life
06-30-2013, 12:42 AM
All the drive by defamation posts are getting annoying. They are usually posted by people who you can tell are mouth breathers just by the OP. Fantastic.

Bad Water Bill
06-30-2013, 02:52 AM
Time to UNSUBSCRIBE to this one.

DCP
06-30-2013, 07:51 AM
I have read all the posts, and yet the OP has not responded even though he has been on line. What is your excuse for the OP now. Once again seems like a troll post to me. I responded after seeing he was on line in the AM and failed to post to his own thread.

Most LGS will replace, help, and assist a customer. An A$$ hat with an attitude who cast their own and reload and want to blame the shop get no help.

I am sure you have a valid reason for the OP as he has none. Once again this is why I think this a troll post

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never made any excuse for the op

You wrote
"I responded after seeing he was on line in the AM and failed to post to his own thread."
and yes you did

Just so you know I already posted that. That why I said READ the Threads

I sure hope this help clarify things

If you have any other ? please feel free to PM

Sorry guys for the thread hijack

Trey45
06-30-2013, 07:59 AM
The OP has been given ample time to respond and for reasons only he knows has chosen not to. Before this degrades into a dogfight, I'm closing this thread. To the OP. If you do decide one day to respond to your own thread, PM me and I will reopen it. As it stands now, there's no real reason for this to remain open, especially due to the direction it has taken.