PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: A Couple of Old Lee Items

floodgate
09-29-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to turn into a collector of old Lee equipment, if I don't look out. I've gotten several older Lee items from folks here, and am currently looking for a couple of fill-ins.

1. I got a fine old Lee Loader in .45-70 a couple of weeks back, but it lacks the little loading data card they slipped in under the cover, and I'd like to get a good copy of one. This is the OLDER set, with the black No. 167 powder scoop, and I'd want a good Xerox of the matching card showing the loads using this one; the new Lee Loaders have the data for the yellow scoop loads, and they are different sizes. PM me if you have one and I'll be happy to repay your time, trouble and postage.

2. Apparently, Lee first used powder scoops in RED plastic, before the black ones and the current yellow ones. If anyone has a set of these, with the "slide-rule" data card (IF they ever made such a set!), I'll swap a brand-new yellow scoop set with data for current powders for it, maybe with some "boot" to sweeten the deal.

floodgate

13Echo
09-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh yes. Lee made red scoops with the slide rule. I have a set but it's still in use. I also have a set of yellow scoops. Somehow I've missed the black versions and have none at all of those. I also have three different types of Lee hand primers acquired over the last several decades. The oldest is made of stamped parts and has a fixed shell holder. the middle one, my favorite for single loading, uses screw in shellholders and is made of cast parts. And, of course, the current Lee primer set. Wouldn't be without them.

Jerry Liles

Urny
09-29-2007, 04:57 PM
My Lee Loader for 7.65x54 Argentine uses a metal scoop with a black painted wooden handle. Were these ever available as a set?

Bret4207
09-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a red set on Ebay today. I need both of my sets as they have different capacities. You'd be amazed how many loads you can use them for if you have both sets.

floodgate
09-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Bret:

Thanks! Now I'm hooked; I found it and put in a bid, despite the ridiculous shipping cost.

Doug