PDA

View Full Version : I need a mould

gray wolf
09-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Well being old and retired and poor is nothing new here I guess.
but not being able to get a stinkin round nose bullet mould for my 45 acp is the pits.
Just to many things needed for the camp so we can make it through the Maine winter. Lets just leave it at that.
But I was a wondering if any one would have one that I could lend for a week or two. I could cast me up a bunch and send it back. Then next year I could camp out on the dock and not miss my ship when it comes in. But then again I did that last year, must a come in behind me Eh.
I ain't tryin to be a dumb **** here, Just don't have the bucks for a new / old mould,and I just thought I would ask at the risk of embarrassment.

Gray Wolf

dubber123
09-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Gray Wolf, do you have any Lyman mould handles?

gray wolf
09-29-2007, 05:06 PM
shoot i forgot all about handles. I got rcbs, if i dig around I may have lyman.

dubber123
09-29-2007, 06:53 PM
shoot i forgot all about handles. I got rcbs, if i dig around I may have lyman.

Well, dig around, if you got handles, you've got a mould. I have a surplus of Lyman's #452374 RN mould. I'll contribute one to the cause, but you aren't getting any of my handles!:drinks:

kodiak1
09-29-2007, 07:08 PM
RCBS should slide into a Lyman don't work the other way around though. If my poor old memory is correct.
Ken.

gray wolf
09-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow I got the handles . I am most thankful for you help.

madcaster
09-29-2007, 09:22 PM
If you need a loan of a #452460 SC let me know.

shooter93
09-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I have a Lyman 4 cavity mold...230 grain round nose that never sees much use at all...you're welcome to borrow it if you want...it has handles . Cast up a bunch and send it back.

gray wolf
09-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow thank you all for all the help. What a great bunch of people.
I hope I can help someone in the future.
again thank you all

Gray Wolf

BD
09-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi Grey Wolf,
Where in Maine are you? There's a number of Mainiacs who frequent this site. One of them may be nearby. I'm from Greenville, but I'm currently in SC working for $$ until my daughter gets out of college.
BD

trooperdan
09-30-2007, 06:57 PM
There's a Greenville Maine? Heck BD, if you say you are from Greenville down in SC they'll think you are a home boy!
:)

gray wolf
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
We live in a little camp out-side of Rangeley. Rangeley Plantation, some call it Oquossoc.
60 miles from farmington,

BD
10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Trooper Dan, There's a Greenville everywhere I think. I know I've been to G-ville ME, NY and SC.
Grey Wolf, I used to tan mounts for a taxidermist from over your way when I had Moosehead Tanners. His name slips my mind at the moment. My daughter's in Farmington at UMF. She graduates next May.
BD

gray wolf
10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I go to farmington Me. once a month for food shopping. Nice small little town.
At this time I am 1 1/2 miles from a black top road. When I say in the puckers, I ain't kiddin.

BD
10-02-2007, 01:46 PM
In Greenville, ME we don't have any Black Top roads, that's a southern thang. However, we do have route 15 which is a two lane tar road, (pronounced tahh).
BD

P Patcher
10-02-2007, 06:10 PM
In Greenville, ME we don't have any Black Top roads, that's a southern thang. However, we do have route 15 which is a two lane tar road, (pronounced tahh).
BD

BD,
You must know a little about The Wally World road if your from Greenville.
Addison

georgeld
10-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Grenville, NM, just inside the east line from Clayton on hwy 287.

That's the way they spell it too, only one e.

BD
10-03-2007, 10:46 AM
P Patcher, I drove past Wally World a couple of times a week from 1981 through 1988 in the summer. We'd meet folks in Greenville and take them rafting down the Kennebec, among other places. I drove school busses over that road before there were any bridges. We'd pile pulp wood in the streams and drive over that to cross. 26 miles of dirt road from Greenville to Harris Station. Generally no maintainence at all unless someone was cutting wood in there. That road is light years better today than it was in the 80's. Shot a few cast Boolits in the gravel pits along that way, and ran a good number of bears over hill and dale in those parts as well.
BD

kidmma
10-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Oquossoc? Isn't that near Cupsuptic? A friend of mine's father used to run the campground there. Western Maine..... it's disappearing fast. So is East and North.

Scott

Good luck with that mould!

kellyj00
10-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think Kansas has a greenville.... we USED to have a Greensburg.
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of that tornado, wiped the town off the map.

P Patcher
10-03-2007, 09:08 PM
BD, It's a small world, My wife lives and works at Harris Station From April to October. We travel across the Wally world road to Greenville quite often to shop. We have also poked a few pounds of cast into some of them gravel banks. You got to love Greenville, not many towns that have float planes docked right in town. I'm here in RI for the same reason you are down south, trying to make enough money to keep it all going. 11/2 miles from black top ? My wife has to travel down 8 miles of gravel road to the mail box! Well I guess we've side tracked this thread some.
Sorry folks
Addison

PatMarlin
10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
N. California even has a Greenville.. :mrgreen:

TAWILDCATT
10-08-2007, 09:29 PM
thats the trouble with the south too many yankees.you all need to find a nice place with land.after 65 you homested.any body know Wesley up thar nere Careless.just got our first deer of the season 165lb 4 pointer here in clarendon ct.just off 95.
well time to hit the sack for this old man see ya..:coffee:---:coffee:----:Fire:--[smilie=1: