PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Sighting!

TXGunNut
06-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Cruised by the ammo aisle @ Cabela's yesterday, had to see what all the excitement was about, there were even a handful of employees watching the show. Three 20-something fellers were standing shoulder-to-shoulder staring at the pistol ammo. I walked up behind them and then stepped to the right to get a look at the prices, just for giggles. Guy in front of me steps to the right. Then I stepped to the left to try again-silly fool quickly stepped to the left! I laughed and walked away, finally figured out he was blocking me. :lol: I remember my first ammo shortage but I don't recall being rude about it.
Hell, I had more ammo sitting on MY shelf.

jcwit
06-24-2013, 10:53 PM
In todays world remember, "Its all about me!".

btroj
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
I saw lots of ammo Sat. I just don't pay 280 for 500 rounds of 45 ACP. I figure that with cast I can load that for under 40 bucks.

texassako
06-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Walmart in Denton had CCI Mini Mags in stock today, couple dozen 100ct boxes at $7.48ea. The employee said "Huh, I did not see those way up there in back. Been telling callers we had none." I picked some up for the people constantly asking me where to get it, and made a mental note to check the top shelf whenever the short guy is working. He could barely reach the boxes on his tippy toes.

375RUGER
06-25-2013, 12:41 PM
So they were all standing around looking at it but weren't buying it because they didn't have 2 nickels to rub together between the 3, and didn't want you to get it either?

TenTea
06-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Sounds like a well-known gunshow maneuver (ye olde ammo block).

Anything goes nowadays...ammo is serious business dontcha know.

:rolleyes:

Blammer
06-25-2013, 03:07 PM
I'd have put my hand on his shoulder right between the bone and neck and squeezed and said "pardon me, I almost fell, thanks for helping me young fellow" after he'd been properly "wencing'' from the applied pressure.

TXGunNut
06-25-2013, 11:13 PM
I'd have put my hand on his shoulder right between the bone and neck and squeezed and said "pardon me, I almost fell, thanks for helping me young fellow" after he'd been properly "wencing'' from the applied pressure.

I must admit his locked right knee was tempting. A quick tap and a little pressure on his shoulder and I'd just reach right over him....but I didn't want to embarass him in front of his buddies. ;-)
And 375Ruger, I don't think they bought anything, you may be right.

popper
06-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Think I saw them too. Blammer, that is a Spock hold isn't it?

429421Cowboy
06-26-2013, 08:27 PM
I think you were much more polite than I would have been! Granted I wouldn't have been buying anything either, but it is the fact that folks like them give my generation a very bad name among men such as those here that I would like to give a little talk about manners! We are supposed to stick together as shooters and outdoorsmen, not beat each other out on things like that!

uscra112
06-26-2013, 10:06 PM
They'd already bought their daily limit, then called their (wives, buddies) to come buy, and were blocking everybody else until the second wave got there?