PDA

View Full Version : Yet another score, for me that is...

45 Shooter
06-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Scored another 161# of COWW's. Maybe 1/3 of those are fairly small ones. Hopefully i'll be able to net at leist 120# of ingots. Not too hatefull for 30 bucks, this stuff is hard to come by.

jsizemore
06-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Great price. Get all you can.

plmitch
06-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Thats a very good haul for the price.

tg32-20
06-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I am so envious of you guys that can still get wheel weights. I live in CA and have not seen one in years other than the one buried in the asphalt street a few weeks ago. I dug it out with a screwdriver.
It will happen to all of us sooner or latter.

Tom

45 Shooter
06-25-2013, 06:10 PM
I am so envious of you guys that can still get wheel weights. I live in CA and have not seen one in years other than the one buried in the asphalt street a few weeks ago. I dug it out with a screwdriver.
It will happen to all of us sooner or latter.

Yes it will happen to all of us most likely sooner than later. Regulations will never get more relaxed, expecially now days.

I called one tire shop and the guy that answered the phone asked me in a shocked voice, "Why would you ever want those, there hazardous waste and must be dealt with only by professionals?!" Ya, sure buddy, I supose he's the kind of person that believes everything the gov't tells him too. :roll:

LabGuy
06-26-2013, 01:02 PM
I called one tire shop and the guy that answered the phone asked me in a shocked voice, "Why would you ever want those, there hazardous waste and must be dealt with only by professionals?!" Ya, sure buddy, I supose he's the kind of person that believes everything the gov't tells him too. :roll:

That’s when I tell them that I have been trained in accordance with OSHA 29CFR1911.120(e) and I am a highly trained professional.

el34
06-26-2013, 02:22 PM
"Why would you ever want those, there hazardous waste and must be dealt with only by professionals?!"

That’s when I tell them that I have been trained in accordance with OSHA 29CFR1911.120(e) and I am a highly trained professional.

And then if they ask you what happens to it next, you can say "after copious amounts of paperwork requiring several signatures, we mostly just sell it to China. They love that stuff."

Then watch his face.