PDA

View Full Version : Jacketed Bullets

Ballistic Technology
06-23-2013, 11:49 AM
I have been trying to find a machine that will make jacketed bullets, so far I have only found "Corbin" out of Oregon. Does anyone know of other machines that will make jacketed bullets? Thanks in advance

dragon813gt
06-23-2013, 11:51 AM
What you want to do is called swaging. There is a forum dedicated to it here so search it.

Ballistic Technology
06-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks

dragon813gt
06-24-2013, 06:57 PM
You read to much into it. Don't take a direct answer as not being nice. We're already on the Internet where you can search anything out. Instead of typing out a reply that's already been posted the OP can take his time and read everything in that forum. I'm sure he will have specific questions after that which will then be posted in the correct forum.

VHoward
06-24-2013, 09:00 PM
I didn't mis-read what dragon813gt said. Maybe a small change would have gotten the same message across without cummins05 being offended. Instead of " There is a forum dedicated to it here so search it.", you could have said " There is a forum dedicated to it here, lots of info there.".

MtGun44
06-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Pretty thin skin. Accurate, complete answer in my view.

Bill

mroliver77
06-24-2013, 09:34 PM
x2
Jay

Pretty thin skin. Accurate, complete answer in my view.

Bill

Victor N TN
07-06-2013, 08:26 PM
I make jacketed benchrest bullets. But there is NO MACHINE. Just about 13 steps BY HAND.

aaronraad
07-09-2013, 01:28 AM
I have been trying to find a machine that will make jacketed bullets, so far I have only found "Corbin" out of Oregon. Does anyone know of other machines that will make jacketed bullets? Thanks in advance

Waterbury Farrel, Bliss, Fritz Werner, Manurhin, New Lachaussée, Samson Industrial Machinery, Prvi Partizan Uzice (PPU)...I'll let you Google for their websites. These presses will literally start with gilding metal sheet and lead wire; and spew out finished projectiles, and anything else in between.

Yes you can buy a press, but there is a reason Mead Industries (Greg Mead), Ammo Load Worldwide, and Silver State Armoury (SSA), GMT-DEMIL (Geometrotec) make a good living...about $250k/refurbished press + $25k-$50k/die set. One die set only makes 1 jacketed projectile. So even, if you only change weight within the same calibre you pretty much need to re-tool the whole press to get it right.