View Full Version : Ballistol

DCP
06-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Where do you all find your Ballistol locally

I seen it in a spray can only.

Thanks

Rooster59
06-23-2013, 10:26 AM
I haven't bought it locally because I have never found it in my area. The reviews I read were good so I initially tried it by adding it to an order from Midway. After the initial test I ordered a large can with a pour top. That works best for the bench. I have a variety of small and large spray cans too. The small ones go in my range bags and the large one on the bench for areas where I can't get a swab in to lube.

Moonman
06-23-2013, 10:59 AM
DCP,

Ballistol has 21 dealers in Illinois, plus mail order sites.

Google Ballistol for dealer locations.

jmort
06-23-2013, 11:02 AM
I do not have a local source. I buy from www.ballistol.com .

I don't buy aerosol just liquid and put some in spray bottle and dispense from can.

Bent Ramrod
06-23-2013, 12:00 PM
The spray is handy for your range kit because you can spray it into the plastic cap with a little water or directly on patches for the barrel and outside wiping and finish with a spray of the stuff into the action crevices. Under those circumstances, the spray can lasts a long time, so it is cost effective for convenience. Typically, the main bottle of the stuff is left with the more extensive cleaning setup at home. I find both the spray cans and the bottled versions at those semipermanent stores at gun shows.

Reaper
06-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Midsouth Shooters Supply. Great people. Fair prices. I buy it by the case for my black powder shooters.

JeffinNZ
06-25-2013, 11:04 PM
I brought back 3 16oz can from the US when I was there in 2005. Still have two and a bit cans.

It is GREAT stuff of keeping wimmin folk out of the man cave.