PDA

View Full Version : A tip-o-the-hat to The Perfessor..

oldfart1956
06-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Fellers just had to take a moment here to mention the excellent service and quality of The Perfessors work. Ordered a nut driver for the Lyman 450...finally. I just knew I was gonna crossthread that darn nut sooner or later. I actually went back to pan lubeing some boolits on account of it's such a p.i.t.a. to keep changing dies. I use Recluse on most boolits of course but theres some....just a few...that work better with Felix. The new nut driver arrived today and you fellers that already bought one are right. It's beautiful. It works to perfection. It works so well...I'm plugging in the casting pot tonight and dropping .358/44 and 45's just so I'll have some to lube. I should'a done this a year ago. Thanks Keith! Audie...the Oldfart..

Catshooter
06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
And I agree with every word you wrote. He's a fine craftsman and a gentleman to deal with.

Cat

MTtimberline
06-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Does it work on the RCBS LAM II as well? I am not sure if the die nut are similar between the two.

theperfessor
06-23-2013, 12:54 AM
The LAM uses a 15/16" nut. The Lyman 450/4500 uses a 7/8" nut. The wrenches are not interchangeable, but I make the 15/16" wrenches also. $22 + $6 SFR shipping. Buy two or more nose punches and the shipping is free.

DougGuy
06-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Fellers just had to take a moment here to mention the excellent service and quality of The Perfessors work. Ordered a nut driver for the Lyman 450...finally. I just knew I was gonna crossthread that darn nut sooner or later. I actually went back to pan lubeing some boolits on account of it's such a p.i.t.a. to keep changing dies. I use Recluse on most boolits of course but theres some....just a few...that work better with Felix. The new nut driver arrived today and you fellers that already bought one are right. It's beautiful. It works to perfection. It works so well...I'm plugging in the casting pot tonight and dropping .358/44 and 45's just so I'll have some to lube. I should'a done this a year ago. Thanks Keith! Audie...the Oldfart..

Well well well whaddya know, what goes around comes around..

A tip-o-the-hat goes to oldfart1956 as well, one well spoken and stand up guy who also excels in the quality of his work and the principles for which he stands..

Some people say "Good things come to those who wait" but there is an old blues adage that says "You got to reap just what you sow, that old sayin' is true" and so Audie, here's to you sir, reaping the good from doing good..

The boolits you cast shoot great, and I am glad to read you have some good fortune as well, you certainly deserve it..
Thank You!

Doug

MTtimberline
06-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the information perfessor. That wrench is on my list of things to get in the near future.

Nickle
06-23-2013, 01:19 PM
It's on my list too.

Catshooter
06-23-2013, 07:05 PM
I use the Perfessor's wrench on my RCBS sizers. Works without fail. Those fine threads in cast iron always scared the snot out of me, especially combined with the lube that's always all over everything making lining up things tough. His wrench takes all the worry away for me, worth every penny.

Cat

MtGun44
06-24-2013, 09:30 PM
I figure I can get away with the RCBS since it is a reasonable thread and in cast iron.
Plus I marked the nut so I can start it indexed correctly.

HOWEVER the superfine thread Lyman nut in ALUMINUM casting really worried me.
Keith's nutdriver is superbly made and absolutely works perfectly. HIGHLY recommended.

Bill

dromia
06-25-2013, 05:19 AM
Keith does indeed make fine, innovative and pertinent products for solving every day casting problems.

His work is beginning to find acclaim amongst discerning UK boolits casters as well.