PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36

Love Life
06-22-2013, 08:46 PM
While perusing the gun sites today I came across the Glock 36 pistol. It is a single stack Glock in 45 ACP. It has a slimmer frame and slide. It only holds six rounds though.

Does anybody have one of these or has anybody had a chance to see one of these in person and shoot it? What did you think. Is it a good platform or is it a question in search of an answer?

eljefe
06-22-2013, 09:25 PM
I have shot one, as well as the Springfield XDS. Either of those
are very nice, concealable pistols. Neither are particularly hard
to shoot...not much more recoil than a pistol slightly bigger.
Both guns are about the same size as the baby Glock, though
they are slimmer.

If I was looking for a subcompact 45 cal pistol, I would consider
the 36. If I had the choice between the 36 and the XDS, I would
go with the Springfield.

LUCKYDAWG13
06-22-2013, 09:37 PM
i know you asked about the glock but the XDs shoots soo good

and they love a 230gr castboolit

Love Life
06-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Thank ya'll for the information. I have had a 26 for year and the only complaint I have ever had about it is that it is FAT. I think it is time to trade up, or thinner if you will, since I have been shooting more 45 acp than anything lately.

LuckyDawg-Thank you for the visual of the pistol in hand.

LUCKYDAWG13
06-22-2013, 09:49 PM
its a little gun and it dont recoil bad at all and man does it shoot good
if your lookin for a 45 for CC this is it

Love Life
06-22-2013, 09:51 PM
But there isn't a G stamped on the grip... 8-)

LUCKYDAWG13
06-22-2013, 10:30 PM
no G stamp but will shoot a castboolit with the barrel that it came with :lol:

Love Life
06-22-2013, 10:50 PM
All my Glocks eat Cast Boolits with the factory barrel. No nuclear explosion...yet. I will look at the Springfield, but way back in the day I swore the only plastic pistols I would buy would have a big, fat, G stamped into the grip.

I need a reason to go to the gun store anyway...

The hard decision now is whether or not I keep my Glock 26. I hate to have safe queens...

L Ross
06-22-2013, 11:40 PM
I have lived with a Glock 36 for at least, gosh maybe 13 years now. On duty in uniform, plain clothes, off duty, and as a CCW. Compact, reliable, reasonably accurate, and shoots cast as it came from the factory. Darned shame they are so ugly. Only malfunctions I had were failure to extract when new. The Glock rep came to our P.D. and accused me of limp wristing it. Then he changed out the Mass. mandated loaded chamber indicator extractor and it has not malfunctioned since. Hides very nicely in a Cross Breed IWB, you forget you have it on.

Duke

khmer6
06-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Love life another great option is the new Glock G30S. Built on the slimmer Glock 30SF thin frame and with the Glock 36 slide. Makes for a baby Glock with high capacity in 45. I wish a 10mm version would come out. G29S :beer:

nicholst55
06-23-2013, 01:23 AM
My youngest son loves his. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (we live on opposite sides of the country), so I can't comment. I have an S&W M&P 45 Compact - 4" barrel, double-stack 8-round mag (but can take 10-rounders if you feel the need) that is my EDC. It's a bit thicker than the G36, but IMHO the ergonomics are greatly superior to the Block. Er, Glock.

Love Life
06-23-2013, 03:54 AM
Oh lawdy!! The Glock hate!

Now all we need is somebody to come along and bring up the subject of Glocks spontaneously Kabooming... :kidding:

I've been reading Glock reviews all night and traveled back in time, and read many current posts (several different forums) where the "A Glock will blow up if you look at it hard!!!" and "My Glock jammed a gazillion times!!", or "I heard that Glocks blow up for now reason and THEN jam after they have blown up!!!" threads abound.

I read about a Glock having feeding/FTE issues and I picture a weak nerdy kid (who didn't drink enough milk growing up) with glasses firing his first gun...

Seriously though. Thank you for all the input on the Glock 36, and I'll let you know how she shoots when she gets here!!! Anybody looking for a Glock 26......

historicfirearms
06-23-2013, 10:52 AM
I had a Glock 36 for a year or so and tried to use it as my daily ccw. It was just a little too thick and heavy for me, but that's just my opinion. It was a good pistol, reliable, accurate, etc.

EMC45
06-23-2013, 11:01 AM
I have have a G36 and enjoy it. It does what it needs to do. Shoots cast like a dream and is easy to carry. Way thinner than the G26 or the G30. 6 plus 1? That's fine with me. I bought the +1 mag bases and was not a fan. If you get the G36 let me know and I'll mail them to you.

9.3X62AL
06-23-2013, 01:33 PM
I have have a G36 and enjoy it. It does what it needs to do. Shoots cast like a dream and is easy to carry. Way thinner than the G26 or the G30. 6 plus 1? That's fine with me. I bought the +1 mag bases and was not a fan. If you get the G36 let me know and I'll mail them to you.

I've fired several of the G-36s, and like them very much. EMC--were these the extenders from Pearce? What element about them don't you care for? I haven't fired a 36 so equipped, but my subjective impression was that the finger hook would REALLY make the feel in the hand about well-nigh perfect.

canyon-ghost
06-23-2013, 01:50 PM
If you're carrying a limited capacity magazine, you may need this:

http://www.snagmag.com/

I thought this was the neatest thing since sliced bread for the Baby Glocks and Springfields!

Love Life
06-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Now the snag mag is cool!

danski26
06-23-2013, 10:39 PM
I carry one for work. It is an excellent pistol for concealed carry. I trust my life to it.

nicholst55
06-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh lawdy!! The Glock hate!

No hate here. ;) I shoot and sometimes carry my G22. If it wasn't a Gen4 Glock, I think I'd bob the grip on it to G23 size though. That would make it easier to conceal. My M&P 45C is only about 1/2" shorter in the slide, but the grip is a good 1.5" shorter than the G22.

Keyston44
06-24-2013, 03:47 PM
I have had a G36 for a couple years now and like it alot. It has replaced my Kimber Tactical Ultra as my daily carry gun.

Key