PDA

View Full Version : Foot Locker

blackthorn
06-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know the outside measurements of a military foot locker? For my purposes the measurements do not have to be exact, just approximate will do. Thanks.

My Great Grandson is just a year old and, while I am in good health at present, my age (74) makes it highly unlikely I will be around to see him reach his eighteenth birthday. I want to put together some items that he will (hopefully) use and enjoy well after I am gone. I will have to depend on his Grandpa and Uncle to see that he is encouraged to hunt, fish and enjoy/appreciate the outdoors. His Dad seems to be (at present) a 33 YO kid who's main intrest is playing video games. I suspect my Grandaughter will eventually get fed up with him and tell him to get lost. Don't get me wrong he is a nice enough guy, just NO drive! I plan on leaving some good books, hunting knife, binoculars, range finder, and a copy of the personell/family history I put together at my Grandaughter's request a couple of years ago along with whatever other stuff seems appropriate.

timberhawk
06-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Mine is from the 70's --- 32" long, 16" deep and 13" tall (outside dimensions)
Richard

Bored1
06-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Why a military foot locker? Why not just make whatever size box you want?

WILCO
06-23-2013, 06:17 AM
Does anyone know the outside measurements of a military foot locker? For my purposes the measurements do not have to be exact, just approximate will do. Thanks.

Give this a look see:

http://www.2ndrangerbattalion.org/files/footlocker_crate.pdf

country gent
06-23-2013, 07:13 AM
I can remember those footlookers all over the barn. Dad would put shelves in them bolt them to the walls for cabniets. There was a stack of them against one wall. Planter parts, sprayer parts, one was a plumbers box, one was a welders box. He used them for everything. Brings back alot of memories

DCP
06-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being.
Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."
Albert Schweitzer

blackthorn
06-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Bored1---Making the box to the dimensions I want/choose is what will eventually happen. The question was asked so I could get a rough idea of what will look good and be practical at the same time.

Wilco---Thanks for the link, it will be very helpful.

Thanks to all who reply.

Pepe Ray
06-23-2013, 10:28 AM
For blackthorn;
I admire your intensions. I'm trying to do the same thing. The problem seems to be that when we go we loose control of things.
You've described, ( your S.I.L.) a typical heart break. If your serious you must legally delagate the responsibility to someone you can trust. Your daughter may have good intensions but her track record would, to me at least, indicate the need for caution.
Good luck;
Pepe Ray

1Shirt
06-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Great idea

Great idea for passing on some of your legacy!
1Shirt!

WILCO
06-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Wilco---Thanks for the link, it will be very helpful.

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

scottiemom
06-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I have my mom's WWII footlocker. 36x17x13

popper
06-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Mom put her 3 boys stuff into their BSA camp box and it went with them when they left home for good. I gave mine to my son, but it was empty, he'll have to fill it himself. His mom already threw away all his dad's stuff. Good luck.