PDA

View Full Version : I live in the far left part of whatever

GOPHER SLAYER
06-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Our Granddaughter bought this jersey in Austin this week.

runfiverun
06-21-2013, 11:38 PM
how'd they get texas all the way into Colorado?

btroj
06-21-2013, 11:40 PM
I thought California owned Colorado now?

That does show the size of a texans ego...

geargnasher
06-22-2013, 01:51 AM
While everything typically IS larger in Texas, there is one state that we simply cannot match for ego size per capita. They have a major city there called "Flint", which is sort of misleading because apparently the only flint in the entire state has been imported from places like Texas.

Gear

Bad Water Bill
06-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Well I have you know we in Illinois have a town fare more valuable than flint.

DIAMOND ILLINOIS (the mine was flooded and 72 miners lost their lives)

Very near Carbon & Coal city.

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Many Californians are thinking of relocating to Texas.we were slow to move to this state due to the 2 percent property tax. but texas real estate is VERY attractively priced! everyone is saying they are no longer considering the 2% a problem because of the amazing values. and of course the profit we make from the sale of our california homes allows us to completely dominate the real estate market in any area of texas we choose. I have been advised to buy soon before i have to compete against fellow californians as happened in the colorado real estate market. Also its important to buy in the very best area, because thats were all the other calif transplants are likely to be. This does not seem important but really is, I'm from the greater L.A. area.and to be honest "texan" really isn't my thing. I am told thats not a problem, like colorado we will make our part of texas just like home! So roll out the welcome mat Texas, toss those hats and chaps and catch a ride with your new uptown cali cousins to the 21st century! jay

contender1
06-22-2013, 06:59 AM
First,, I like the shirt.

As for Texas taking over Colorado, hasn't happened due to the libotards who passed that stupid anti-gun bill recently. How'd that happen? The libotards who had moved to Co from Ca & started changing things.
Now, if the gun loving folks from Ca move to Tx they'll be welcomed. But if the anti-gunners from Ca move there, they may find out WHY Texas is a red state quickly.

btroj
06-22-2013, 07:19 AM
California may take over some states but Texas isn't gonna be one of em. They may well quickly find out that the Alamo is more than a rental car company.....

Bad Water Bill
06-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Californians welcome. Please bring all of your money. Exclusive property for sale on the valuable staked planes.

Attention all freedom loving TEXANS. The staked planes are being invaded by aliens from outer space. No hunting licenses needed and no bag limits. All green stuff found on or near these aliens is yours for the taking.

Think someone can post these signs somewhere where they will be most productive. :bigsmyl2:

Brad Phillips
06-22-2013, 08:14 AM
So apparently NTC isn't a fair representative of the Republic of California? Was out by Barstow twice for extended vacations and thought it was ok. Although come to think of it, at the time there were more cali's in Colorado Springs than I ran into at NTC:kidding:

Jailer
06-22-2013, 08:16 AM
how'd they get texas all the way into Colorado?

I thought California owned Colorado now?

That does show the size of a texans ego...

While everything typically IS larger in Texas, there is one state that we simply cannot match for ego size per capita. They have a major city there called "Flint", which is sort of misleading because apparently the only flint in the entire state has been imported from places like Texas.

Gear

You "three" are too much.

I see what you did there. ;-)

Finster101
06-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Many Californians are thinking of relocating to Texas.we were slow to move to this state due to the 2 percent property tax. but texas real estate is VERY attractively priced! everyone is saying they are no longer considering the 2% a problem because of the amazing values. and of course the profit we make from the sale of our california homes allows us to completely dominate the real estate market in any area of texas we choose. I have been advised to buy soon before i have to compete against fellow californians as happened in the colorado real estate market. Also its important to buy in the very best area, because thats were all the other calif transplants are likely to be. This does not seem important but really is, I'm from the greater L.A. area.and to be honest "texan" really isn't my thing. I am told thats not a problem, like colorado we will make our part of texas just like home! So roll out the welcome mat Texas, toss those hats and chaps and catch a ride with your new uptown cali cousins to the 21st century! jay

I'm sorry but you couldn't sound more arrogant if you tried. That attitude is exactly what makes Colorado suck now.

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 08:50 AM
contender1 Jeez, you are up late! I can't help but ask what lake lure NC is like? sounds neat! Anyway, just think how much safer texas would be with just a few common sense gun laws! of course It will take time, A reasonable level of safety does not happen overnight .First, It will require a sizable number of us californians to move to texas (that part will be fairly easy, cali needs to shed some people!) second, It will take time for us to establish ourselves and be in a position to ease less enlightened politicians out of power. after that and with the help of the sizable hispanic population ( who fully understand the dangers of gun violence) we will work together and take baby steps toward a few easy common sense solutions. Now i know this sounds tough But its really not, remember: californians are the ones that invented solutions to curb gun violence. we are experts at it! In a few years texans can expect to enjoy a enviroment free of attack rifles oh sorry, i think they call them assault rifles. handguns. and unlimited access to bullets. (later on bullets can be regulated more and serial num, but like i said, baby steps.) Cool huh! Its really just a step by step process. baby steps! Oh, also, you are from north carolina? maybe I can send some info on steps YOU can take to make your state safer! jay

Bad Water Bill
06-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Why don't you pack up your B S and move to the S side of Chit Kaga.

One weekend in the city with more restrictions than YOUR Kaliphony could dream of would be enough for you.

That is IF you survive.

Last week alone there were over 90 wounded and 10 killed by folks who do NOT obey your laws.

What is it about SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED that you can not understand.

Don't EVEN get me started.

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 09:15 AM
finster101 arrogant? I'm a rich calfornian, isn't that a given? also how is real estate in SW fla? I think your waterfront maybe fairly affordable, true? Jay

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 09:23 AM
bad water bill No, start! you are doing good. Jay

gew98
06-22-2013, 09:26 AM
and of course the profit we make from the sale of our california homes allows us to completely dominate the real estate market in any area of texas we choose. Also its important to buy in the very best area, because thats were all the other calif transplants are likely to be. This does not seem important but really is,

I'm from the greater L.A. area.and to be honest "texan" really isn't my thing.

I am told thats not a problem, like colorado we will make our part of texas just like home! So roll out the welcome mat Texas, toss those hats and chaps and catch a ride with your new uptown cali cousins to the 21st century! jay

Jay ; My advice ... stay right where you are. I saw while growing up in rural newjerkistan how the NYC and further north yankee city dwellers invaded ALL of newjerkistan. They brought with them their attitudes , and demand of more and more pooblik services. They also brought with them their sense of entitlement , crime and taxes. They took once beautiful rural areas and turned them into strip malls,movie theaters, liquor stores , housing projects, McMansions and "no discharge of firearms zones". In their quest to escape NYC and points north full of city insanity they made their new home the same as the one they left.... they were a terminal disease to the land...and still are.

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 10:09 AM
gew98 Hi! The smart money is on the pre-war gew 98's! always low production rates! anyway, that being said., gew 98, what we do on the west coast (in a nutshell) is build all that stuff and use it while its new then when it gets rundown we simply move over and build new stuff again. now all the land is used up and the buildings are rundown so now its time to go to colorado except other californians beat us to it so now its Texas! or maybe florida! (the ma barker house was for sale in florida, mostly unchanged since the shoot-out. 800,000,looked to be a good value!) jay

john hayslip
06-22-2013, 10:12 AM
I thought we gave up our claim to New Mexico and Colorado when we joined the Union. Perhaps we're rethinking that! Though considering their politics lately I'm not sure we'd take them back.

runfiverun
06-22-2013, 10:21 AM
jay Utah hasn't quite been converted YET.
you guy's are only at 48%.
better throw another 500-k citizens into the fray.
just remember the way immigrants have traditionally been treated in that section of the world.

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 10:29 AM
runfiverun. mountain meadows, jay

runfiverun
06-22-2013, 11:00 AM
yessir.
Californians are still viewed quite unfavorably there, it is worse in this area.
but hey send up a few scouts make sure they will work for low wages, there aren't too many ranches, or farms for sale in this area and good luck getting any water.

btroj
06-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Run, you can keep the Californians out your way. We don't want em.

If we wanted crooks, crime, ego, and laziness we would offer to build a new capital here.....

MBTcustom
06-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Have you ever considered Arkansas? Why don't you come on over for a tour? I'll take you to the best places, and show you how affordable the housing is, how rich the culture is (ripe for destruction), and how nice the people are (I know you have a quick fix for that too).
Last stop on the tour, I'll take you squirrel hunting in the swamp. It really is amazing. Some places out there have not been seen by anybody but me and some ancient indians. Very secluded. In fact, folks have been known to walk in and never come out.
It'll be a blast.

L O L

btroj
06-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Tim, can you make it a group hunt? A party of 5 mil or so? Think of the hunting it could free up out west....

MBTcustom
06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Now, now, I can't take everybody "hunting" with me. I only show my special place to certain special people that mean something to me. The good news is that almost everybody out here knows a special hunting spot, so if you want to hunt and need to learn the ropes, there should be sombody that can take you hunting. You just have to open your mouth and tell folks what you are interested in.

btroj
06-22-2013, 11:12 AM
You guys in Arkansas are so accommodating.
I know how to hunt tree rats just fine, I was thinking about all those greenies in SF and LA who love the outdoors......

Think of the housing areas they could dream of back in the swamp......

Maybe they need to see a real estate agent down your way....

MBTcustom
06-22-2013, 11:29 AM
A real estate agent? Good idea. Although they aren't held in very high regard either. But they will hunt squirrel, and we might run into one out in the swamp.
You never know what you might trip over out there.

robertbank
06-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Only happens if you promise to invite half the population of Vancouver Island. We don't care which half.

Take Care

Bob

btroj
06-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Only half?

Wait, don't you guys have swampy, remote areas to show them?

We have to show you how to play hockey AND how to remove the loonies?

Man, Canada just can't get by without us.....

MtGun44
06-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Texans may need to start putting up a western border fence to keep from being Californicated.

Bill

robertbank
06-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Only half?

Wait, don't you guys have swampy, remote areas to show them?

We have to show you how to play hockey AND how to remove the loonies?

Man, Canada just can't get by without us.....

One more comment about our hockey and I'll wake up our Army and send him down in his Jeep. Your messing with religion now.

Naw, Canada is so beautiful why screw up the environment with left wing loonies rotting in our swamps. You boys got big things that crawl in the night to look after the edible parts.

Take Care

Bob

country gent
06-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Here in the country weve been fighting this influx of city dwellers for years. What a pain they let thier areas degenerate and become high crime by not standing up. They move out here want city water and sewers, complain when equipment is running after 8:00 or before 8:00 and heaven help if you spread manure. EPA police and any other agency or group you can think off will be paying a visit. Burn the ditches of to clean them not any more, burn yard wastes not any more. Butcher, only if you want friends of animals peta and those visiting. Its completely changed this area and they were just city people not full blood californians. Im 7 miles from town but city water and sewage is within 1 mile of me now. Toledo has enroached and were suffering for it. You move into an area and want to live there try to fit in not change it.

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 11:41 AM
you don't understand, we are coming to help you! i realize that some of you fellows live in somewhat undeveloped areas. As californians we understand growth and progress. We will raise the value of your property and home , bring jobs in construction and services, hire police for your safety and give you a robust social welfare system! Its all there! You just have to take it! now I understand change is hard for some of you. its ok. We will walk you thru it. All you have to do is trust us. Friends now? Jay

Bad Water Bill
06-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Tim

Iffin ya need hep me en Girty kin kim doun n hep ya fer a wile.

Girty sez she kin hep about 500 a trip 5 nites a week.

How much dem gaterz payn fer all that sicy vegan food?

TXGunNut
06-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Anybody smell a troll?
Goodsteel-I had an employer once that wanted to go hog hunting with me. Since we used to be friends I thought it only fair to warn him he wouldn't be coming back. Have to work a little harder to hide the bodies in TX but it helps if there's a backhoe nearby. :wink:

country gent
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Got some stalls need cleaning a barn needs a new roof and some work. A couple hundred acres of Beans need hoeing, A few fence rows need cleaned up a ditch needs work oh and a couple hundred little pigs that need cut and nipped. You want to help us come on down well put you to work. Meals are provided. Good home style country cooking provided

country gent
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
When were doing the little pigs Mountain oysters are the fare. Like I said good ole country cooking nothing goes to waste

Echo
06-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Was out by Barstow twice for extended vacations and thought it was ok.

Our son, who lived in SF, said that Barstow was the place of which Gertrude Berg said "There's no there, there".

And I WANT ONE OF THOSE SHIRTS! MAYBE TWO!

Bad Water Bill
06-22-2013, 12:19 PM
When were doing the little pigs Mountain oysters are the fare. Like I said good ole country cooking nothing goes to waste

IIRC those lil piggies are particular about their diet. They refuse TREEHUGGERS as there are to many slivers and VEGANS are only acceptible if slathered in 1,000 island dressing.

Sure hate to see all of that tender RICH stuff go to waste.:bigsmyl2:

sparky45
06-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Jay, you are a hoot!!

btroj
06-22-2013, 12:38 PM
One more comment about our hockey and I'll wake up our Army and send him down in his Jeep. Your messing with religion now.

Naw, Canada is so beautiful why screw up the environment with left wing loonies rotting in our swamps. You boys got big things that crawl in the night to look after the edible parts.

Take Care

Bob

Your bears won't eat wackos? Huh, I ought they ate everything. I stand corrected.

Let your army sleep, he was out late. Sleeping with your navy......

km101
06-22-2013, 12:39 PM
bad water bill No, start! you are doing good. Jay

I think we have a troll among us! Walks like a troll, quacks like a troll, must be a troll!!

montana_charlie
06-22-2013, 12:45 PM
As californians we understand growth and progress.
All you have to do is trust us.
Friends now?
Having read posts of yours that predate this thread, I am inclined to believe you are just play acting as you portray the (unwelcome) character in your comments here.

If I am wrong ... and you truly are what you say you are ... you will probably be honored as the first entry on my ignore list, and that's saying something. There are members here that I strongly dislike, and (so far) my list is still empty.

CM

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 02:57 PM
sparky 45, I have been up half the night laughing myself absolutely sick!

badwater bill, my remark was a poor choice, sorry. i loved your passion and did not realise it could of caused problems

country gent thanks for being the kind of guy that would give a total enemy a chance and the shirt off your back

montana charlie. you got me. i was trying to make it to 500 views. Its all fantasy. i am not rich, looking for real estate or moving ,I am a total gun nut that knows that gun control is a complete sham that is put forward to mask poor govt. I just winged it. everything i said. except the part about the ma barker house

Ok texans, i know all of you are going to delete me .i love texas and what its all about. but i would of given 10 bucks to of seen the look on your faces opon reading that little bit of rubbish i wrote. just a joke, ok, really bad joke. and colorado, sorry that we really are in your state jay

mroliver77
06-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Jay is having too much fun!

Jay

gew98
06-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Jay ; you would be surprised at some prewar date/maker combos are very common. The germans in certain years like for example 1907 spent gobs of money procuring gew98's , hence that not being a scarce year of most makers then manufacturing gew98's.
The rarest of the gew98's tend to be the 1915 Suhl makers and the uber rare 1918 Oberspree made gew98.
My feeling is when one moves to a rural are to enjoy that kind of life after the creep of urban blight has soured the land where one is at present is NOT TO BRING THAT WITH YOU !!.
I have seen it in KY in some areas where 'carpet baggers' come in and set up a McMansion and or buy some beautiful land and start off by clearing out the woods and making it look like some grassy knoll like somehow 20 acres of mowed lawn is so better looking than woods.
With price of realestate down and price of corn up alot of land clearing in my AO is happening being fueled by northern and canadian bank interests purchasing farms and when they can't backing farm leases to grow corn and hence their opportunity to log and clear once thriving woods.

gew98 Hi! The smart money is on the pre-war gew 98's! always low production rates! anyway, that being said., gew 98, what we do on the west coast (in a nutshell) is build all that stuff and use it while its new then when it gets rundown we simply move over and build new stuff again. now all the land is used up and the buildings are rundown so now its time to go to colorado except other californians beat us to it so now its Texas! or maybe florida! (the ma barker house was for sale in florida, mostly unchanged since the shoot-out. 800,000,looked to be a good value!) jay

Bad Water Bill
06-22-2013, 04:24 PM
I will not tolerate anyone "having fun" about OUR 2A rights.

All we need is an anti 2A person to see his comments and we will have an enemy within.

If he wants to nave fun find a different SANDBOX. I am sure Bruce and Loves Life can find him a home there.

jaystuw
06-22-2013, 07:21 PM
mroliver77, yes, turned out jay had way to much fun! so much fun in fact that a member private posted me to say, well, lets just say he is off the charts mad and is in fact going to lead the entire 55 members of the illinois cast bullet group in an effort to i guess get rid of me. to bad, i really enjoyed my 8 years here. Like a member once said; always be carefull how much popcorn (crazy posts)you make ! also, I was laughing like a hysterical child as i did it (still worth it!). I am totally bewildered and saddened that anyone would take it for anything other than what it was. A little humor and fun after a period of particularly sad posts. Jay

gew98 i would not of guessed that the rarest 98's are war year examples. low s/n and high attrition rate guns? also yeah, urban sprawl is common in southern calif. all my old hiking spots are long gone. it is scary to think it is also in the less populated states. the shape of things to come, yuck? jay

bad water bill, so let me get this straight, you will not tolerate me (that was in your e-mail) "haveing fun'' with our 2A rights? would that not violate my 1A right to free speach? Is the illinois
cast bullet club ok with that? jay

btroj
06-22-2013, 07:28 PM
You have a right to speak, he may just utilize his right to place a foot somewhere you don't want it.

Some things aren't considered funny here. Liberal gun control garbage is one of them.

runfiverun
06-22-2013, 07:30 PM
I picked up on it right off.
it has been a while since jay has posted though, and it probably threw everybody for a loop.

sparky45
06-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Good Lord !! Where's the sense of humor this site is famous for? I can understand BWB, a little bit, but come on, if you couldn't see through the obvious blarney espoused by Jay you have your blinders on. I thought it was funny in a sardonic sense, and that's the type of humor I really like. Any of you that were offended care to buy some ocean front property in southern Kansas?

gew98
06-22-2013, 08:31 PM
mroliver77, gew98 i would not of guessed that the rarest 98's are war year examples. low s/n and high attrition rate guns? also yeah, urban sprawl is common in southern calif. all my old hiking spots are long gone. it is scary to think it is also in the less populated states. the shape of things to come, yuck? jay

jay

Jay , In 1914 there was only four manufacturers of the gew98 - some say DWM as one allegedly surfaced but it has yet to be confirmed. But by mid 1915 the shortage of serviceable rifles led alot of suhl makers to get back in the game - JP Sauer , Kornbusch , DWM , Simson , VC Schilling , CG Haenel. All of which are fairly scarce in matching collectible condition. By late 1917 the gew98 production was being ramped down in favor of carbines and MG's. Hence any matching 18 dated gew98 is scarce with Oberspree being the rarest of that year. Newjerkistan lost the battle of rural conservation to the newjerkers and points north city dwellers. Even when towns near me put out a 10 acre zoning laws to keep out apartment complexes and gobs of housing developements with houses an arms length away it did not stop them. They simply put up 10 acre McMansions with a cottage or two for "guests". And then came the wave of them wanting all the emenities they had in their previous hell...which led to all the hell coming "here". The city areas for the most part went minority and or places of low information voter immigrants and became cesspools of crime , corruption and filth. When I can identify those types looking for realestate in my area ...I make sure they know they are not welcome.

Jailer
06-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I picked up on it right off.
it has been a while since jay has posted though, and it probably threw everybody for a loop.

Yup, I wasn't saying a thing as I wanted to see how many were going to eat it up and run with it.

I do think you could have gotten 1k+ posts out of this one jay and threw in the towel wayyyy too early.

jaystuw
06-23-2013, 12:00 AM
btro
You have a right to speak, he may just utilize his right to place a foot somewhere you don't want it.

Some things aren't considered funny here. Liberal gun control garbage is one of them

oh really btro, good to know! I was treated roughly on a completely innocent thread,hell,one of the modulators wanted to bury me in a swamp! so lets try a not so innocent rebuttal. here it goes, so i get to speak as long as i dont talk about liberal gun stuff, is that right btro? ok, is that a rule or just a thing you and your group of militant vocal buddys came up with because thats the way you like it? Who knows, maybe the majority of the guys here dont care what i talk about as long as I have a little fun and make a big batch of popcorn and dont hurt anyone, kind of like it used to be here before all the democrats got run off along with everyone else that had a diffrent opinion from bad water bill or btro. Why cant I try something diffrent? Oh thats right, i might get a boot in my behind. Would that be like that no teeth threat i got from bad water bill on my PM this morning? Or are they going to put that boot in my behind in open combat on these threads, yea right.hows that worked out? I have made alot of popcorn in only 111 posts. and i'm only more scrappy! and of course it only emboldens me to know that the views on this thread is going to soar as soon as the militants recover from there dropped jaws and figure out how they are going to handle me. oh, and heres a tip militants, probally best is the no guts get me banned route.the nice easy way to keep your strangle hold on this site. Hows that for some popcorn! jay

robertbank
06-23-2013, 12:59 AM
OK guys enough is enough. Jaystuw re-read the rules of the forum. Your 1sr Amendment rights involve you and the government. The owner of this site sets the rules here.

All play nice without baiting or trolling and you will be here for a very long time. Don't and the door shuts quickly. Applies to all.

Take Care

Bob

MBTcustom
06-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Jay, I knew you were joking, and I was playing along. However, even though gun control and liberalism is such a wide open and easy target, especially on a forum like this, it would be best to tread lightly. It's no joke to those who have had their way of life destroyed by the likes of the very people you were playing at.
It's no joke to them, and they take it seriously. You have every right to make the joke, and have your laugh.
Just don't you dare balk at the price tag savvy?
It's too real to us, to take so light a view of it so accept a few hostile PM's (you earned them) and try not to dig the hole any deeper.
It was a good laugh I'm sure. Keep it up, and you won't have a single friend on this board.

I'm locking this thread, so everybody just move on and try to remember that it was a joke (albeit an extremely poor one).