PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pro Measure

ColColt
06-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Is there someway to avoid this mess? Lee doesn't exactly leave explicit instructions on their equipment. I decided to try the Pro Auto Disk powder measure today and after setting up with the charge bar and reloading 50 cases I decided to change powder. I closed the hopper, unloosed the two screws that hold it on and found this mess underneath.

Do you have to remove the entire turret? I decided to do that but powder still adheres to the bottom of the hopper and other places. I may go back to my DU-O-Measure. The Lee works great until you want to dump the powder.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x220/ColColt/Gun%20Related%20Stuff/_DEF4143_zpsc27dec72.jpg (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/ColColt/media/Gun%20Related%20Stuff/_DEF4143_zpsc27dec72.jpg.html)

seagiant
06-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi Col,
The LEE Pro measure is pretty good! It has a loyal following. To cut the powder off you just twist the powder tube,it is marked, then run up a case or two to empty the slide, then remove the hopper!

ColColt
06-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Maybe that was my problem. I didn't do anymore cases before removing. I shut it off but apparently that wasn't enough. It does work well.

Honorstick
06-21-2013, 09:41 PM
To help keep powder from sticking on mine, I just took a dryer sheet and wiped all of the surfaces really well.

Vinne
06-22-2013, 12:56 PM
To help keep powder from sticking on mine, I just took a dryer sheet and wiped all of the surfaces really well.

HAY...what a great idea!!!!

joec
06-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Or simply run some graphite through it a bit then wipe it out. Also keep in mind that all powder measures will hold powder until the tube is empty. I keep a dummy shell with a primer in it to use to clean it out after turning off the hopper.

Jailer
06-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Hi Col,
The LEE Pro measure is pretty good! It has a loyal following. To cut the powder off you just twist the powder tube,it is marked, then run up a case or two to empty the slide, then remove the hopper!

Exactly. Even when you shut the powder flow off there is still a column of powder in the hopper that must be removed before you take the hopper off. If you don't you end up with what you have pictured.

ColColt
06-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Yep-lessons learned. I wasn't sure what to expect since I had always worked with RCBS or the Ohaus DU-0-Measure but, I found out pretty quick. That won't happen again.