PDA

View Full Version : Little good news finally.

429421Cowboy
06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Well friends, after some hard praying and serious looking, we finally recovered one of the saddles that were stole from us recently. Apparently a pawn ticket was found in a house after serving a search warrant on someone suspected in several robberies, and the PD asked us to come down and ID it. Of all the saddles, it was the least used but most important since it was a gift from her grandpa that we lost this winter to her grandma. We have been borrowing enough tack to run from the other couple that we race with, and will make it through this season. We are still hopeful on finding the rest of the stuff, and possibly we will learn more as the police look into it. I have to give props to all of the LEO's involved, they had great follow up on everything, as well as cooperating with different offices since it was stolen in one jurisdiction and recovered in another.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that sometimes things do turn out ok, and time and faith will get us through anything.
A special thanks to Weed and his family (472x1B/A) for their support, prayers and encouragement through this as well as the rest of my Cast Boolit family here that prayed and listened to us!

RoyEllis
06-20-2013, 01:09 PM
That is great news! Hopefully they can recover the rest of your items and convict the thieves responsible.

Alvarez Kelly
06-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Great news. Now... To catch, and punish the thief...

wv109323
06-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Sounds like they got the person that stole it. I would call the police in the other district and make sure they are aware that more items of yours was stolen. I might even do some leg work myself.

Dean D.
06-20-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm happy to hear you were able to get the most important saddle back. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are able to recover all of them. As an ex-Team Roper who's previous wife was a barrel racer, I know how devastating it is to lose that much tack. Those Crates saddles aren't cheap :(

472x1B/A
06-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Thank you Cowboy.

MT Gianni
06-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Good news, I hate theives.

429421Cowboy
06-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks guys, they have the people that had the saddle, as well as a pile of other missing items from around town, but can only prove possession of stolen items, not the actual theft. We are still hopeful that further investigation will turn up the other saddles or they will say what happened to them. The police in both areas have a list of what was stolen, and are both working on it for us still.

On a good note, she won her division and took second overall last Wednesday so we got a little money and a boost in moral, we have a big show tomorrow and an other race Sunday so hopefully things stay good for us!
God bless!

472x1B/A
06-21-2013, 03:16 PM
What we need is a new judge like Roy Bean, or Isaasc Parker. A lot of this **** would stop.

MakeMineA10mm
06-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Great news! I hope it keeps getting better and you get more property back.

What we need is a new judge like Roy Bean, or Isaasc Parker. A lot of this **** would stop.

Having worked in LE for 10 years and court/ corrections for 13 now, I couldn't agree with you more.

Not wanting to get this good news thread off track, but I've got DOC print-outs of 4 murderers on my wall, from cases I was directly involved in, and I can think of ZERO reason why they're taking up valuable prison space, not to mention consuming oxygen which could be put to better use... We don't need to hang every horse thief, but let's start with the murderers and other forcible felons, eh? You start hanging every murderer, robber, rapist, kidnapper, etc., and that will: A) free up DOC space for the lessor felons, and B) give the petty criminals something to think about before "advancing their career."

429421Cowboy
06-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Yep, couldn't agree with you guys more! I know we have moved on from and eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, but if justice was swift and final I think people would stop and think just a bit more!

I can't help but think in cases like the women who were rescued from their kidnapper last month after so many years, that it would just be better if the neighborhood would have had a lynch mob end things right there, rather than the 3 year court circus he will now get to enjoy, on OUR dime!

**oneshot**
06-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Great news!! If they found the guy, they should find the rest soon. Best wishes!

TXGunNut
06-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Glad LE is hot in the trail of your tack thieves, Cowboy. Hope the rest of it turns up soon. As much as I'd personally like to see repeat felons cease to use air I also understand the expense of the capital felony trial and have a vague understanding of the expense of an execution in today's legal climate. While we seem to execute some deserving lowlife on a regular basis here in TX I don't really feel they're worth the time or expense. I know it costs money to house these dirtbags but last I heard it was the cheap way out. I just wish we could make the prisoners work to earn their keep but that ship sailed long ago. We've come a long way from a tall tree and a short rope but some days it's hard to call it progress.

km101
06-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear that you got some of your tack back. Especially the important saddle.

Back in the good old days theft was treated differently than it is now. Back then if you stole a man's horse or saddle you were taking his livelihood. It could be the difference between life and death if you lost your horse or saddle. It should be treated the same now. Get caught stealing horses or tack.........get a rope!

Bzcraig
06-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Yep, couldn't agree with you guys more! I know we have moved on from and eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, but if justice was swift and final I think people would stop and think just a bit more!

I can't help but think in cases like the women who were rescued from their kidnapper last month after so many years, that it would just be better if the neighborhood would have had a lynch mob end things right there, rather than the 3 year court circus he will now get to enjoy, on OUR dime!

AGREED! It's amazing what a couple of public executions would do to crime.