PDA

View Full Version : 12 bore Greener GP

iomskp
06-20-2013, 08:21 AM
I have just sent my Greener GP to have the 12 bore rifle barrel fitted, the problem I am having is sight selection I am having a barrel band blade type front sight fitted, what I am wanting to have is a peep sight at the back of the action either a lyman No 2 on the wood or a Skinner lo pro on the top rear of the action, instead of a barrel sight, I would be interested to hear any ideas on my selection.

Regards Trevor

enfield
06-21-2013, 05:59 AM
on my martini henry I installed a lyman receiver sight ( an older steel one that was ment for a round action) I milled a flat surface on the inside face and drilled and tapped a hole (about 1/4 nf I think ) I removed the pivot pin and installed a bolt that threads into the site mounted on the left side. it sits nice and low and looks like its ment to be.

iomskp
06-23-2013, 05:10 AM
Thanks for feed back, I had thought of using a side mounted peep, but I still have a leaning towards a ghost ring, I have a Remington 7600 police in 223 with a ghost ring and I can shoot way better with that than I can with normal Iron sighted