PDA

View Full Version : My first Win 94 TE

evan price
06-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Picked up a pretty decent Winchester 94 30-30 that dates to 1976. Looks good, seems to have been shot little. paid $200 for it. The previous owner had a side-mount scope on it which had been removed and then he didn't put the screws back in. When you work the action the firing pin falls out of the back of the bolt. Nothing seems broken. What it looks like is the front screw (which had been used to hold the scope mount on) on the left side top of the receiver is supposed to be long and acts as a pin because there are several obvious pin type holes in the parts I can see inside. Sounds dumb but this is my first lever gun...I assume this screw is threaded at the head, and has a long smooth pin end that sticks through all the parts inside to locate the firing pin and link the lever into the action? I just need to order that screw and it should be what I need?

blaze blaze
06-20-2013, 08:11 AM
That specialized screw is available from Gun Parts Corp. and I've seen them available cheaper on Ebay under Win Model 94 gun parts (also complete screw kits are available). Great lever action and great price. Fix it and enjoy it.

pietro
06-20-2013, 10:08 AM

It's called the Finger Lever Stop Screw, and it's simply a large threaded screw head to plug the hole.
It plugs the hole so the pin connecting the finger lever to the bolt won't work loose & either jam the bolt travel or fall out of the rifle completely & become lost.
Since you say the FP comes out, there's likely a few retaining parts gone walkabout.

It sounds like the Finger Lever Pin Stop Screw, the Finger Lever Pin (which connects the lever to the bolt), and the Firing Pin Striker Stop Pin are missing.

Wisner's has those parts & more: http://www.wisnersinc.com/rifles/winchester/94.html

Stop Screw Part #2994 -$3.25
Lever Pin Part#2894 - $2.75
Striker Stop Pin Part#4194 - $2.25