PDA

View Full Version : Up - Date on Blackhawk Repair

Ben
06-19-2013, 09:03 PM
I was experiencing forward movement of the cylinder base pin under recoil with my Ruger BlackHawk 45 acp / 45 Long Colt convertible.

After a phone conversation with Ruger , they decided it was best to return it to Ruger for inspection and needed repairs. Ruger kept my revolver for 14 days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/haysb/013-25.jpg

Ruger drilled the hole deeper for the cross latch that holds the base pin in position.

They also put in according to them " A stronger latch pin spring " and replaced all the parts that had anything to do with the initial complaint. ( New base pin, new cross latch, new and stronger latch spring )

They test fired the revolver and gave it a clean bill of health.

I took it to the range today and fired 50 rounds though it and I also give it a clean bill of health.

THANKS RUGER for a job well done.
By the way, all at no charge.

Ben

btroj
06-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Gotta love good customer service

Sweetpea
06-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Ruger customer service is hard to beat...

Brandon

historicfirearms
06-19-2013, 09:39 PM
I've been thinking about getting that exact gun. Glad to hear they fixed you up.

junkpile
06-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Ruger is pretty awesome with that stuff. I've never had to send anything back to them, but have heard enough stories, both on the internet and in person.

I have a blackhawk in 357 and 45. I love the 357. The 45 has a 5-1/2" barrel, and I don't like the balance. Thinking about cutting it back and trying to figure out a way to add some weight to it.

Anyway, I'm sure it's good to be shooting again.

MtGun44
06-20-2013, 12:06 AM
This matches my experience - the one time I had an issue.

Bill

9.3X62AL
06-20-2013, 01:31 AM
This matches my experience - the one time I had an issue.

Bill

What Bill said. My turnaround time was about the same, too. Ruger ROCKS!

PS Paul
06-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Simply my most-favored gun company as an owner and a dealer! The most innovative firearms makers around to boot!

gray wolf
06-20-2013, 12:13 PM
I can't say enough good about Ruger C/S, Julie had a simple 10/22 that was bought for her.
It was bought new about 4 years ago. went back to ruger 3 times and they finally said they couldn't fix it ( I still don't understand that ) Anyway they said sorry for the trouble, please pick any 22 rifle we make and we will send it to you. They sent her a beautiful 10/22 target rifle with heavy barrel and laminated stock, also no plastic trigger group as my request.
Her rifle is an absolute one 100% tack driver.
I had an outrageous time with my 44 mag bisly hunter, no matter what was done the cylinders would lead like crazy, it also had to have parts replaced 2 or three times. I had an extensive thread going about it. No matter what kind of bullet or load was shot the end of the cylinders would pack with lead. There solution was to send me a Ruger super red hawk as a replacement pistol. I love the SRH --I shoot the SAME bullet, with the SAME load and the SAME lube.
No leading anyplace, the pistol cleans up in short order.
RUNFIVERUN had the answer, the cylinders were bored two long. No matter what I did I would not have fixed the problem. Anyway Ruger took care of the problem Even sent a new holster to fit the super red hawk. Would I get another Ruger ?? I think yes to the question.

Tatume
06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
My Mini-14 went back to Ruger. They replaced everything except the serial-numbered receiver. No charge. The gun has been fine ever since.

Ben
06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
I realize that anything made by man is subject to error.

The real question is when a company realizes they have produced a product that " is in error "..........What is their next step.

I can tell you that once Ruger finds out that there is a problem, they won't rest until they have corrected it.

I wish other companies would sit up , take notice, and adopt these policies and procedures.

Ben

Lloyd Smale
06-21-2013, 06:39 AM
My thoughts are that for what it cost you to ship it unless they footed the bill you could have bought a belt mountain base pin that would never jump.

Salmoneye
06-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the update...

Ben
06-21-2013, 07:45 AM
My thoughts are that for what it cost you to ship it unless they footed the bill you could have bought a belt mountain base pin that would never jump.

Read the last sentence in the original post one more time.

Ben

jmort
06-21-2013, 09:35 AM
"My thoughts are that for what it cost you to ship it unless they footed the bill you could have bought a belt mountain base pin that would never jump."

Even if it costs $$$, one of the first thing I do with a Ruger single action is Belt Mountain Base Pin. My 'Old" Vaquero went back to Ruger and they do have good customer service.