PDA

View Full Version : Fre lead in Omaha

trooperdan
09-27-2007, 11:26 AM
The link below is to a thread in the CMP forum; there is a post from a fellow named Consiglio (or something similar) offering free lead, wheelweights and tamed WW's in the Omaha area.

http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37051

dmftoy1
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I just shot him a note! I don't know if he'll still have them on hand when I run through there in a month but if he does I'll see what he has.

Have a good one,
Dave

pumpguy
09-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I just got off the phone with the guy. He is a very nice guy that is not able to cast and shoot anymore and doesn't want the stuff to go to waste. My dad is picking up the lead for me on Monday.[smilie=1:

trooperdan
09-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Glad it is going to "one of us"! I figured there had to be a cast boolits member close by! Let us know the tally of the scorte when you get it!

pumpguy
09-27-2007, 10:26 PM
I will let you know what I get. The old boy led me to believe there was about half a 30 gallon barrell of WWs, about 75 lbs. of WW ingots, and about 100 lbs. of soft lead. Hope my dad and his new hip can get it in the pickup. Thanks for the tip, trooperdan. I really appreciate it.

Old-Consigliori
09-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Yes, I was the guy with the lead in Omaha. Hope you dont mind me visiting your forum, but thought I might learn a lot, after all, an old dog can learn new tricks. Actually the wheelweights that I had were in a drum that is about 16 inches in diameter and has about 15-16 inches of lead in it. There is also some 50-75 lbs that have been cast into bars. Had about 20-30 lbs of soft lead that I would like to keep for my black powder casting. Also had about 20lbs give or take of mono-type. Sorry if anyone was mislead about the quantity, and am hopeful pumpguy will get some good use out of it. Am saving some linotype, a few bars of WW and some pure tin in case I am able to do some casting in the future. As time permits will be looking at your forum for information and thoughts concerning reloading cast lead bullets for my garands. --the user name is my 6 finger typing errors and it appears that one is unable to make corrections to it.

imashooter2
09-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Old_Consigliori... Giving away your stash is a generous thing. I doubt you're going to hear anyone on this site complaining that there wasn't enough!:)

45nut
09-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the forum,, I can correct your handle and will do so. :cbpour:

pumpguy
09-29-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm certainly not complaining!

trooperdan
09-30-2007, 08:05 AM
What a deal! A member gets a score and the board gains a valuable new member! Welcome Old_Consigliori! There is a wealth of knowledge here and more than a few shoot cast in their Garands and carbines. Welcome to the herd!

kywoodwrkr
09-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Old_Consigliori,
I can't and won't speak for others(they like to volunteer themselves:mrgreen:) but it has been my experience that when a request for a few(anywhere from 10 to a 1000) bullets is issued, someone on this board will step forward and fill that request.
I will be starting to cast for a couple garands myself so may be able to help you out with some cast boolits if needed/wanted.
So, please stay with us and I feel both parties will be enhanced.
If you read back through the archives(real recent), you'll find this is not a 'taking' only group. Giving and sharing is only one of it great attributes.
So back to where I started out. If you'd like a bullet type, any caliber, size or weight, if you'd just post an interest/request I feel it will be followed up on. Probably to extreme![smilie=1:
Oh, and welcome to one of the finest boards on the Wide World Wait. (or as it's known, Al Gores Network.:coffee:)
Again, welcome aboard.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

Old-Consigliori
09-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Do appreciate the help in getting my handle redone, sometimes my typing just isnt what it should be. I have a special fondness for the old M1-Garand as well as some of the other mil-surp WWI and II bolt guns. Have had an opportunity to briefly peruse some of the posts and have found just a wealth of information as well as people obviously more than willing to share in every way. Again, thanks for the welcome. Rich

Lead melter
09-30-2007, 12:55 PM
kywoodwrkr

Good to see a post from someone in my old stomping grounds. I had a few years residence over in Russellville. Say howdy to all the home folks for me.

pumpguy
11-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, Mom and Dad came out for Thanksgiving and brought the lead stash. All tolled, it weighed in at two five gallon buckets of WWs, 92# of WW ingots and about 20# of mono and lino. Now, that is something to be thankful for! Since I had the cooker set up for the turkey yesterday anyway, I think tomorrow I may just cast up some WW ingots!

trooperdan
11-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Pumpguy, glad this deal worked out for you!

pumpguy
11-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks again for the heads up Dan. I really appreciate it.