PDA

View Full Version : .35 Remington question

waksupi
08-14-2005, 08:00 PM
I cast up some 35 cal. 160 gr. bullets to play with in the .35 Rem. These are plain base bullets. Any idea what I can expect for velocity range, using a buffer? I'd like to have them pooping out fast enough to cycle the action

waksupi
08-17-2005, 04:48 PM
I did post this in a PM, and thought some others may be interested in the load experiments going on.

I did try a 160 gr. SWC plain base yesterday, with 32 gr. of winchester 748, and filler. I got a group of around 3" at a hundred yards, which is pretty good for my eyes. I did have chambering problems, and will try seating the bullets out further. I also need to increase the charge, as the action wasn't fully functioning.

Buckshot
08-18-2005, 02:25 AM
...........So how fast was it going? You're a brave man attempting to get the energy required to cycle that Model 8 with a 160 gr boolit. And a plain base on top of it. Wish ya luck! :D

..............Buckshot

waksupi
08-18-2005, 05:43 PM
buckshot - No brain, no pain. figured I had nothing to loose. The bore was clean after shooting, so the filler was apparently doing it's thing. I didn't chrony those ones, but have tomorrow off, and will be giving them a try with a bit more powder, and see how fast they are going. The action was coming back, just not far enough. I also have some RCBS 35-200 FP I'll be trying out, along with the Bator Lites.