PDA

View Full Version : Was Hanging Treestands Today

6pt-sika
09-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Went out in the woods and hung three treestands yesterday .

The first two went up quickly so I wasn't around long .

The third was a good bit higher then the other two . And normally when I hang one I go up the tree with my climber and pull the hanger up with a rope . And today was no different . Anyway I am up in the tree attaching the third one when I heard some sticks breaking behind me .
I turn around and about 30 yards away is a medium sized buck eating leaves and grass .

Now normally this would not be a big deal , but I had a John Deere tractor sitting at the base of the tree I was in and I was making a fair amount of noise attaching this stand .

Well he hung around for awhile then wandered off . After he left I came down screwing steps in as I went . Once at the bottom I removed the climber and went back up the steps to make sure they were okay and sat in the stand to see how it sat . While there I noticed another deer about 70 yards away on the other side of the power line . So I sat and watched this one until it wandered off . And believe it or not another popped out about 90 yards away and stood there looking right at me . So I waited until this one went away and then hurried down .

Got back on the tractor and got outta there [smilie=1:

I have some kill permits for this property . Can't decide whether to use them with some of the Ranch Dogs bullets , or just try them with a bow in a week or so .

I expect the Ranch Dog bullets will win out [smilie=1:

6pt-sika
09-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Still have another hanging stand to put up tommorrow and I think I will stick the climber somewhere as well .

Five stands should be a good start for a seventy acre piece of property [smilie=1: