PDA

View Full Version : Check That Towel Your Dropping Bullets On!

John Boy
09-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I've been using an old bath towel to drop my bullets on and today got a Big Surprise!

This one has a woven 1" pattern sewn on it and when I went to pick up a half dozen 550 grainers ... they wouldn't move. When I pried them from the towel, to my surprise the pattern was sewn with PLASTIC THREAD!
Yep, the plastic had melted on the bullets and back in the pot they went :groner:

Cbenc1
09-27-2007, 05:26 AM
I use old mouse pads to drop my boolits on. Sometimes the boolits tend to bounce around a bit, but none have been deformed so far. Larger boolits that take longer to cool down will scorch the pad a little, but they don't stick.:-D

Ricochet
09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
The bucket of water I drop mine in hasn't caused any deposit problems on the bullets. :-D

Cherokee
09-27-2007, 01:00 PM
I drop mine on carpet scraps, I don't use plastic carpet.
:castmine:

Springfield
09-27-2007, 01:31 PM
I got about 20 cotton towels from a garage sale. Paid a whole dollar for them. Most of them say Holiday Inn on them! I use old carpet samples under the towels, can't have too much padding.

montana_charlie
09-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I drop mine on carpet scraps, I don't use plastic carpet.
Is it nylon carpet?

S.R.Custom
09-28-2007, 03:03 AM
The bucket of water I drop mine in hasn't caused any deposit problems on the bullets. :-D

Indeed. But the sprues that miss the sprue box are wreaking havoc on the carpet on the floor... :-?

charger 1
09-28-2007, 05:44 AM
I just got one of those heavy rubber feed trays they sell at feed stores. The black ones that flex like gumby man so as not to freeze if your leaving water in it for an animal in winter. Never use a towel and never a prob

MT Gianni
09-28-2007, 04:18 PM
I just got one of those heavy rubber feed trays they sell at feed stores. The black ones that flex like gumby man so as not to freeze if your leaving water in it for an animal in winter. Never use a towel and never a prob

Charger1 are you dropping the bullets on this or water dropping into this? Gianni

charger 1
09-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Charger1 are you dropping the bullets on this or water dropping into this? Gianni

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!! Water dropping in it yes. The smell of burning rubber is best reserved for 3 g's on the tach and dropping the clutch on my 67 charger eh

kodiak1
09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Or in the bedroom charger but it has been a long time since I have smelt burning rubber.
Ken.