PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps

Thumbcocker
06-16-2013, 03:51 PM
We had Em's funeral on Friday. The turnout was stunning. Law enforcemnet came in droves ISP troopers, Investigatiors, Drug Task Force, City PD, and Sheriff's Department. Hard men who have been in hard places and spilled blood for their counrty cried like babies. The courthouse from coustodians to Judges came as well as friends and family. We are having Em cremated because we want to bring her home and not put her in the ground with strangers. She helped put this place together and she has a place here as long as we live. Whoever passes first will scatter Em and the other on the land we all love. She will have a beautiful wooden urn with pictures put on ceramic attached to it.

Several people of faith whoes opinion I respect say that my baby is in heven and doesn't feel the hurt she felt for not being good enough or normal enough. We and skilled people tried to tell her that she was more than good enough but could not reach her inner core of self doubt. Several people spoke at the funeral. I managed to get through a few words and not lose it. Others spoke from teh heart and it helped us a lot. We ended the service with "Blue Eyes Crying in The Rain" from the Red Headed Stranger Album.

I am posting this most of all to let this community know that your prayers, posts, and a few long phone calls have been a great source of comfort for Janet and I. Every post has been read and greatly valued.

I have many things to sort through in the future. Our estate plan had been real simple; the kid gets it all. Now I have to rethink my focus and future. I also have to deal with how much I just MISS her presence. Just watching her on the couch doing homework andlooking up to smile at me was enough to get me through a rough day.

Some things have been simplified. The list of things that can scare me has gotten real short. My peramaters have been realigned. I take comfort that two ISP agents made sure that the autopsey was done as if it were on a meneber of their family and was not a circus. I take some strange comfort in their assurance that she did not hurt.

I had to post this for myself, Janet, and you all. I don't know how active I will be here in the future. I can't even think of when I will be able to look at a revolver or a boolit. I have many things to sort out. Please keep Em, Janet and I in your prayers.

Thank you all.

oneokie
06-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Prayers will continue to be said that the two of you, with the help of the good Lord, will find the strength to over come this most difficult time.

wallenba
06-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I cannot know the depths of your grief. Allow that, all of us here are thinking of you today. Help in coping is out there, and works. Avail yourself of it as you need it. God bless you and keep you all.

Cactus Farmer
06-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Words fail me,but I will pray for you with all my heart.

DCP
06-16-2013, 04:45 PM
In this sad world of ours.
Sorrow comes to all.
It comes with bitterest agony.
Perfect relief is not possible.
Except with time.
You can not now realize that you will ever feel better.
Is not this so?
And yet it is a mistake.
You are sure to be happy again.
To know this, which is certainly true.
Will make you some less miserable now.
I have had experience enough to know what I say.

Abraham Lincoln

Ajax
06-16-2013, 06:20 PM
I will say prayers for you two. i have alkso been moved by your situation, my son has aspergers and i plan to spend much more time just talking to him trying to ensure he knows he is loved and perfectly normal.

Andy

Circuit Rider
06-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Janet. James

Dean D.
06-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I will continue to keep you and Janet in my daily thoughts and prayers. I hope you can find your way back here from time to time even if shooting related activities are painful right now. We are a family here and we'll be here when or if you need us. God Bless.

mroliver77
06-16-2013, 10:52 PM
You three are in my thoughts and prayers. Like you say, "Baby steps".

Having lost one too I wish I had some words to help. All I have is that I am here anytime day or night if you need an ear.

Jay

429421Cowboy
06-17-2013, 03:21 AM
Cannot think of a single thing to say that might be of any help or consolation other than to let you know I will keep you and your family in my prayers and will always be willing to listen if you need someone to talk to. God bless and guide you friend.

Ramar
06-17-2013, 04:57 AM
My prayers will continue for you and Janet and hugs really, really do help!
Ramar

DLCTEX
06-17-2013, 05:33 AM
Still praying for you and Janet. Yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of my best friends daughter taking her life. You will get through, but never get over. Dale

snowman
06-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Most sincere condolences.

As someone who has aspergers, it hits close to home, and while I understand it, I don't. There is so much that is impossible to understand.

no more words.