PDA

View Full Version : IDPA Shoot

Gliden07
06-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Went to my first IDPA match today (this year) with my relatively new M&P 9P. I've been shooting a mix of my cast and FMJ ball ammo in it prior to today to practice. Today shot all cast reloads (cast and reloaded by me) only had 1 primer fail, no feed issues and NO LEADING!! Accuracy was awesome with my Boolits too! I have many members of this site to thank for this!! The collective knowledge here is amazing!! I was so happy I came home and loaded 150 more rounds to replace the ones I used (plus a few!). It felt great to use my own stuff and know I did this with my own hands it was a GREAT sense of accomplishment! :)

mroliver77
06-15-2013, 06:55 PM
It is a good feeling aint it!

Did you keep the dud? I always troubleshoot to find out what the cause was and then tighten up my loading system.
J

Jailer
06-15-2013, 07:36 PM
If you're loading for the shooting sports use Federal primers. Never had a single misfire with Federals but I have with CCI and Winchester.

I run a light striker spring so that necessitates the need for Federals for me.

Gliden07
06-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Yes I did keep the dud. Gonna take it apart as soon as I get the chance. As far as Primers go this is the first primer I had fail. It was a CCI that failed though. Also now with components being scarce I'll take what I can get. I will try the Federals when I can find them though.

It is a good feeling aint it!

Did you keep the dud? I always troubleshoot to find out what the cause was and then tighten up my loading system.
J