PDA

View Full Version : Questions about some new guns

pumpguy
09-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Got the rest of the father in laws guns today. Got a 4" blued GP-100, a Russian Makarov, a 9 shot break open H&R .22 in LR, a little Llama in .32acp that looks a lot like a .45 acp, a little Star Firestar in 9mm by Interarms, and an old Ruger that looks like a Mark II. The questions arise around the Ruger and the Llama. This Ruger was bought in the early 70s. It has a short barrell, blued, with a chromed serrated trigger and chromed bottom on the magazine. The .32, like I said, looks like a little 1911. It has plastic grips and a lanyard loop on the bottom left side of the grip. Any ideas on the origins, value etc on these? I am especially curious about the Ruger. Thanks Guys!!!:Fire:

slughammer
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
The Ruger sounds like a Mark I. If it does NOT have a separate slide release then that is what it is. I have one that sounds identical. Fixed sights. Probably $125-$150.

MT Gianni
09-25-2007, 11:27 PM
My Mark 1 shoots great. I filed the front sight to a 6 O'clock hold and it is a keeper. Mark 11 mags will not work but 9 shot mark 1's are still available. Gianni

9.3X62AL
09-26-2007, 09:15 AM
The Llama 32 ACP isn't highly valuable, but is a pretty decent little shooter. It likely won't function well with HP's or most castings, but either FMJ's or RN castings should run the critter. I had one of these in 380 ACP for a while, and it was fun to shoot. It went down the road when I got a Colt Government Model 380 in the mid-1980's. I've had a BUNCH of 380 pistols, for some reason.

The Firestar is a GOOD pistol.

Some of the H&R top-break 22's were pretty well-made. A buddy of mine had a Model 999 Sportsman with a 5"-6" barrel that would drive tacks, and had a pretty good single-action trigger.