PDA

View Full Version : Bonus round at the local library book sale!

WILCO
06-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Picked up copies of 1984, Animal Farm, Lonesome Dove and a Robert Louis Stevenson book featuring Treasure Island, Kidnapped, The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Black Arrow, Weir of Hermiston, The Master of Ballantrae.

All for five bucks. :grin: Gotta love those local book sales!

375RUGER
06-15-2013, 10:57 AM
what's a book?:kidding:

texassako
06-15-2013, 06:37 PM
My local library has a shelf near the door with books for sale for whatever you want to donate. Usually not classics like that, but occasionally a gem or a donated duplicate. Snagged a bunch of Louis L'Amour a while back because someone donated a leather bound complete collection and they sold their old copies.

what's a book?:kidding:

I take my daughter(3 y.o.) each Saturday to pick out new books to read to her during the week. If you had heard what I have since summer reading assignments started, you would realize that is almost a true statement from some people around here.

Echo
06-16-2013, 11:27 AM
For those of you who haven't read 'Lonesome Dove', you've missed something. Larry McMurtry turned out a gem with that one. I like it better than the original series, and I loved that!

WILCO
06-16-2013, 11:42 AM
For those of you who haven't read 'Lonesome Dove', you've missed something. Larry McMurtry turned out a gem with that one. I like it better than the original series, and I loved that!

I was quite giddy when I spotted it on the rack and look forward to reading it. Thanks for giving it praise.

WILCO
06-16-2013, 11:43 AM
If you had heard what I have since summer reading assignments started, you would realize that is almost a true statement from some people around here.

I believe it.

Zymurgy50
06-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Locally owned bookstore in town here does a better business buying and selling used books than new books. Most paperbacks sell from $2-3,
Hardcovers between $3-10, and almost always something worth reading in the free box out in front of the store.

Ed Barrett
06-16-2013, 06:42 PM
I went to a library book sale a few years ago and my wife spotted a book and brought it over to me to see if I wanted it. The book was "Modern Gunsmithing" with a Copyright date of 1924. I contained many chemical formulas to make things for the shop. You sure couldn't get on the internet to Brownell's back then to place an order. I think it cost me all of fifty cents.